Author Topic: Additional donations benefits  (Read 5727 times)

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -2
Re: Additional donations benefits
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 06:06:10 am »
Another idea, what about having auto xp collecting and mabye it automaticlly adding it to your xp bank?

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 07:28:51 am »
Another idea, what about having auto xp collecting and mabye it automaticlly adding it to your xp bank?

XP is picked up automatically when you walk over it. As for automatically adding, learn to type faster.

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 07:52:14 am »
XD learning to type faster isint the point. and you cant walk over xp and pick it up automatically when its 50 blocks away or when you shot something onto of a wall and you cant reach it

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:51 am »
This would just leave donators AFKing at spawn while people kill mobs to soak up the experience...

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 12:28:17 pm »
ok let me rephrase, you get the xp automatically from the mob you kill, similar no how it works when you kill a mob and recieve money

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 12:30:49 pm »
This would just leave donators AFKing at spawn while people kill mobs to soak up the experience...
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »
ok let me rephrase, you get the xp automatically from the mob you kill, similar no how it works when you kill a mob and recieve money
Wouldn't work, When you kill a mob and the exp orbs drop, they are a new entity not related to that mob any more. Therefor, Minecraft wouldn't be able to determine who earned what orbs, they would just see orbs. So the only way to have exp orbs come to donators as an additional perk would be to add a line of code that gives you all EXP in a certain block radius, which is uncool
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »
Wouldn't work, When you kill a mob and the exp orbs drop, they are a new entity not related to that mob any more. Therefor, Minecraft wouldn't be able to determine who earned what orbs, they would just see orbs. So the only way to have exp orbs come to donators as an additional perk would be to add a line of code that gives you all EXP in a certain block radius, which is uncool

You can always cancel the drop exp event on mobs based on who killed them and manually place exp into their banks.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 01:46:55 pm »
You can always cancel the drop exp event on mobs based on who killed them and manually place exp into their banks.
Cancel drop event for based on specific permissions has room too fuck up IMO. I just see that glitching and doing it for people it shouldn't. Also, you have to factor in the "damage a mob within the last 3 seconds of its life and it will drop orbs" rule, I see that being a bit tricky to figure into the occasion for 2 reasons, 1 what if a non donor of the perk gets the kill but a donor with the perk got a hit in on it, does it drop double exp now? Does the non donor get screwed out of his EXP? Further more the amount of orbs you get from mobs can vary, with a line like what you are saying there would be no variable and we would need a set amount. I dont like it personally.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 01:52:27 pm »
Cancel drop event for based on specific permissions has room too fuck up IMO. I just see that glitching and doing it for people it shouldn't. Also, you have to factor in the "damage a mob within the last 3 seconds of its life and it will drop orbs" rule, I see that being a bit tricky to figure into the occasion for 2 reasons, 1 what if a non donor of the perk gets the kill but a donor with the perk got a hit in on it, does it drop double exp now? Does the non donor get screwed out of his EXP? Further more the amount of orbs you get from mobs can vary, with a line like what you are saying there would be no variable and we would need a set amount. I dont like it personally.

I didn't say I would want to implement it but all your fears are illegitimate except maybe the second one because I have no idea what you mean by the three second rule. It would work by when a mob is killed, you check who the killer was. Minecraft already has a default way to see who the killer is so I'd just use that, no tricks. You check their permissions if they have the donor perk. If so, you check what kind of mob it is, cancel the event, and put the appropriate amount of exp in their bank. Or you can cancel the event, create an appropriate amount of exp balls and spawn them right on top of the user. You can chang the amount of EXP spawned based on mob, that's easy.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 03:34:06 pm »
int    getDroppedExp()
          Gets how much EXP should be dropped from this death.

A java method that is already in Bukkit's EntityDeathEvent.
The hardest part of this is auto-adding to the XP bank, and trying to be fair to the players nearby who are not donors. Part of training is splitting the xp, and this would completely ruin that if the donor is the one finishing off the mobs all the time.

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 05:31:09 am »
I know nothing about coding or anything im just suggesting things XD can you make it so if the mob takes damage from multiple people it just drop normally, and also rather than putting it into your xp bank for you, can you just spawn the same amount of xp right on the player so you pick it up, but you have to bank it manually, i dont mind banking xp myself, the only pain in the ass thing is collecting it all off the ground.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 07:15:33 am »
I know nothing about coding or anything im just suggesting things XD can you make it so if the mob takes damage from multiple people it just drop normally, and also rather than putting it into your xp bank for you, can you just spawn the same amount of xp right on the player so you pick it up, but you have to bank it manually, i dont mind banking xp myself, the only pain in the ass thing is collecting it all off the ground.

Collecting xp is optional, you don't have to if you don't want to.

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 07:21:52 am »
-_- tene you're completly missing the whole point of it.

textiletrade

• GameFreak
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 07:24:29 am »
the whole point of these ideas is that noone of them are necessiary, they are just extra thing you can get if you want them, not all peopel care about collecting xp, you for example, or lucas, but i always collect as much of my xp as i can and it's a pain in the ass, im just saying stuff like this could be an extra addition to made peoples lives easier if they are willing to donate extra for it