Author Topic: Just a suggestion  (Read 8524 times)

jibbyfunk

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: -6
Just a suggestion
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »
As I am sure many of you know, with 1.6 came the ability to turn off regeneration (other than by potions and apples) with /gamerule naturalRegeneration false. I'm not sure how others would feel about this, but I personally think it is a good idea. It would make it feel more like the Pokemon games where you can only heal by potions or Pokemon Centers. It would also give the game a bit more challenge and make the battles just that much better and more realistic. Please, at least consider this.  ;) :cool:

Ad...

Rukariokun

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 6
  • メガルカリオくん
    • Tumblr
Re: Just a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:46:01 pm »
I personally like the idea. I've been watching a lot of Mind Crack as of late, and I find a lack of natural regeneration really adds another layer of skill to the game (and I wouldn't mind my multiple double-chests of health pots becoming a bit more valuable, too >.>).

At the very least, I'd like to see a week-long experiment with natural regen off.  ;)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:14:05 am »
I think I would modify this suggestion by saying "Only allow it in the wilderness world where people (new people) need to survive, and disabling it in the pokemon world."

Thoughts?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 02:18:51 am »
I think I would modify this suggestion by saying "Only allow it in the wilderness world where people (new people) need to survive, and disabling it in the pokemon world."

Thoughts?

So food in gyms suddenly becomes useless?

Is it just hunger healing, or also apply to regenerative potion effects?

jibbyfunk

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:29:52 am »
It makes it so the only way you regen is by regen potions as well as golden apples. You still need food to not starve though. 1ce, I would be okay with still having regen in the wilderness areas.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:50:35 am »
I get what your saying about only healing at centers in game, but also in game you only take damage from a battle. There are too many factors outside of a fight(pve or PVP) that cause damage, hunger, fall, drowning, burning. Okay maybe 4 ways but still keeping that in mind I like regen and I don't see a reason to take it away.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:34:01 pm »
I hate this idea. It's pointless. It makes food pointless. It makes EVERYTHING in the hunger arena USELESS

jibbyfunk

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 01:54:05 pm »
That is not true at all Zob. Sure food isn't as important but you still need it. Are you saying that starving is impossible? Because you in fact CAN still starve and will if you don't eat food. Plus, how are golden apples useless? Are you saying regeneration is useless? That would mean you do in fact love this idea.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 02:39:59 pm »
What she meant is that regen potions and golden apples cost a lot of stuff. For regeneration potions, you have to go in the nether and find ghasts.  You could get killed.  But nope! It's so you can regen in the map.  And the same with golden apples but their problem isn't rarity or danger, it's price. It's expensive to get golden apples.  I agree with zob because it's inconvenient and just makes the game harder.  Should we also block off saffron until you get a certain item for the sake of making the server more pokemon-like? Should we have gym leader assistants that you have to fight before you get to the leader? No.  Should we force trainers to get to the top of the pokemon tower just like in the games? no.   Making something more like the game doesn't make it better.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

jibbyfunk

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 03:02:10 pm »
You guys are missing the point. Even without natural regeneration, you could very easily visit a Pokemon Center. It takes almost no time and is easy to do. I'm mainly focusing on fighting. It would make fights better because you don't have to depend on regeneration to keep you alive. It would be all about how skilled a fighter you are. Not how good a hider you are.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »
How can you " Hide " in a battle? Explain that. Either way, regen BARELY makes a difference having it or not. It's pointless to turn it off anyways. Plus, what's the point? Having regen off is no point. The way to make golden apples ect ,as Saha said, it really hard to get the materials. As a gym leader myself, I don't want have to spend above 5 hours a week searching for resources to make stupid potions and Golden apples.  End of discussion. 

jibbyfunk

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 03:28:51 pm »
Not the end of this discussion. Like I said, just go to a Pokemon Center. You are a Gym Leader so you can /warp to different places to heal. Who ever uses potions or golden apples anyways? Almost nobody. THEY GO TO A POKEMON CENTER. And if it is "pointless" then why do you care if it goes on or off? Your logic is off the scales in terms of crazy. As for hiding in battle, you can run behind a wall and be able to regen 2-4 hearts easy.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »
Wow calm down. Only donors can warp. Being a Gymleader doesn't give you the power to warp. You still have to donate. Also, not every arena has walls to hind behind. Also, easy sniping from the side. You wouldn't have enough time to regen.
As for the golden apples and potions, people do use them. Explain this, how would I get to a PokeCenter if I'm in the middle of the Nether and I'm near a really epic thing. I got no more homes and I don't want to tpa anyone else to me. I really need to heal or I'll die.  What would I do then?

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 04:16:17 pm »
I love when suggestions turn into debates :)

jibbyfunk

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 04:17:47 pm »
Fine let's do this. If 1ce/Tene/whoever allows it, I will open a poll in this thread and if a majority votes yes after a week, we at least try it out for 1 week. Nobody else post here except Mods/Admins.