Author Topic: Why is setlogin an admin only command?  (Read 3361 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Why is setlogin an admin only command?
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »
I ask this because, as I try to minimize the need for moderators (auto house, improving /houses) I've noticed that asking for a login or logout is another place that tends to get backed up with requests that take a while to sort through.

Is there some reason that players with the permission node can't /setlogin *this is my login &6message?

There is the possibility of lewdness or trolls or copycats, which is why I'd propose simply mailing a random admin/moderator or even all of them when it is set. This could result in spam, which is why I'd say pick the random ad-mod instead of all of us at once.
There is also the option to log it in a file, though that limits the viewers to admins with file access, and I feel like we'd simply see the violators in game before anyone checked the file.
Punishment for violating the (need to be properly defined) login rules could simply be removing that permission node. No more custom login for the troll after a warning or something.
Thoughts, exploits, opinions welcome.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:43:05 pm by 1cec0ld »

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Why is setlogin an admin only command?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »
Actually, I have a slightly different idea for this, which I'll add to my local file later. If you add it to PvP, I can just make the improvements to my local.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:45 pm »
Think you could share the details? I'm curious to hear other sides.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:38:30 am »
Think you could share the details? I'm curious to hear other sides.

/setlogin <thing which must fit reqs>
Sends a notification to an admin/mod with the message (stagging obviously), which admin/mod can then accept and it'll set, otherwise player will be notified that their message doesn't follow standards.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 02:17:43 am »
/setlogin <thing which must fit reqs>
Sends a notification to an admin/mod with the message (stagging obviously), which admin/mod can then accept and it'll set, otherwise player will be notified that their message doesn't follow standards.

Requires an ad-mod to be online at the time? Dodgy considering our current attendance rate.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 09:26:21 am »
Requires an ad-mod to be online at the time? Dodgy considering our current attendance rate.

Only for confirmation. On a side note why is prod still mod here and why isn't archie here