Author Topic: Asian Folktales  (Read 2734 times)

liquidfired

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Unregistered Member (Error 114: Needs Activation)
    • Liquidfired's Channel of Awesomeness
Asian Folktales
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:16:13 am »
I'm Asian so if any of you guys would like to hear more stories then viola! I'm full of them.

Chinese Valentines Story

Once upon a time lived a cow herder on a farm. He was lonely without any lover, until one day he found a cow. This wasn't an old normal cow, it was sparkly and magical. Several days after caring for the cow, the cow talked to him, "If you want to find a lover, go to the old fountain where all the fairies are taking a bath, there steal one of the fairy's cloth and she will ultimately marry you,". The cow herder thought "Wow I could finally be happily married," so off he went into the fountain of the bathing fairies. There he took one of the fairy's attire which belonged to a young fairy known as a weaver. When the Weaver found out her clothes was gone, she panicked until she bumped into the cow herder who kindly gave her clothes back. Unknowing that the cow herder was the one who took it, the weaver girl was in love with the cow herder at first sight. Then on they were happily married with two loving children. However up in the skies, the Weaver's Mum known as the Goddess of Heaven found out her daughter was married to a mortal. In anger, she separated the two lovers apart with a long river known as the Milky Way. In sadness the Cow Herder and Weaver Girl were crying every single day, without each other, they were saddened. The Goddess of Heaven felt pity for the married loved ones and used magpies to build a bridge across the Milky Way. There on, once a year can these two meet, which is the day of Chinese Valentines Day. On the day of Chinese Valentines, these saddened spouses cry so much it rains.

Ad...

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
Re: Asian Folktales
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:43:26 pm »
That's actually pretty cool, better then some of the other junk on here. Even though I've heard the story in a sense before. In the one I know the cow is a halfdeer man Plays the lute :I yaknow lol. Not pan, pan was a goat this guy was a deer. But yeah story follows the same plot till the end. Where they overcome the heavens by love and meet each other only once a year. Or somthing like that. lol Much better story tho Liq.

Cool Story Bro award goes to
-Opens envelope-
Liquid, Bravo!  8)

DiseasedRose

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 0
Re: Asian Folktales
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »

vance101

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 12
  • i'm a groudon ROAR