Author Topic: The Nether  (Read 4521 times)

CKDavid

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
The Nether
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:36:12 pm »
So I've seen that a lot of people have gotten a three day ban and an item wipe for going to the nether today. My question is just why are people getting punished so severely and why is the nether open if one shouldn't be going there and how does one get to the nether in the first place and these are a lot of questions and I'm using the word and too much. Basically I would like it if someone could explain the current situation of the nether on the server. That's all.

Ad...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Re: The Nether
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:33:01 am »
Well, we intended to open it for public use yesterday, with a charge of so many dollars per entrance. We were testing key features, such as how to charge the money, how to remove the spawners and get Blazes spawning naturally instead, and other interesting twists.
We created a portal in the pewter museum to create the only access point on the map, and then disabled portal-creation for regular users. That's the only way we could regulate the location people use to get in. It was then blocked off so that no one could use it while we were testing. The block was made like so, right in front of the portal itself. So in front of the 4x4 box of exposed portal, it had:
O = Obsidian A = Air
OOOO
OOAO
OAOO
OOOO
So those two Air blocks were there for aesthetic purposes, showing off the nether and how it would soon be open, and unwittingly made very creative individuals find a way in. They used Ender Pearls to teleport through the slot, and land in the portal zone. Who exactly found the exploit is not yet proven, but we are fairly certain based on given evidence. After entering, the individual spread the word to other players, and the group explored and did a very thorough job of cleaning out the world.
I'm fairly hazy on how the Admins found out, or who said what, most of the decisions were made before I logged on. I invite Rigby57 and Zombiedood to fill in this blank portion.
I am positive however, that we have logged proof that we stated (with many of the violators online) that the nether would not be opened for 24 hours after a certain point yesterday.
Quote: [Broadcast] Due to Archie's incessant pestering, the nether will not be opened for another 24 hours.
So none (especially not the initial ones who got in) can say that whey were not aware of the break in the rules. In addition to the use of ender pearls to get around an obvious "I-Can't-Walk-Through-This-Hurr-Durr" blockage.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:48:56 am by 1cec0ld »

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:01:05 am »
Basically thanks to Rig being a ever watchful admin we found 1 guilty party that lead to another and another soon enough we had a huge list of players that had been found in the nether and Have Logs to prove it. the item wipe is because we have an admin item shop to help regulate nether related items while we were missing our nether. Somtimes you cant have you cake and eat it too, We couldnt support the nether prior to our upgrade so going into it was a strict No tolerance policy. These players are old vets and all know these basic rules. Yet knowingly went in to line their own pockets at the servers expense. So I made the punishment fit the crime. The bans were simply because I was so frustrated with our older players who should have known better to go and do this. I couldn't have them around while we figured a punishment, most will come back after a 3day ban. A few wont. That's all that needs to be said about this, Thank you for understanding.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:35:36 pm »
Considering some didnt 'Line their pockets' to a certain extent. their punishment should be minimal compared to those who did 'Line their pockets'
just an idea.
For example: I obtained 0 nether warts while in the nether. whereas i did obtain 37 blaze rods (It was actually 18 but my items were doubled when a rollback happened)
I also think their punishment should be decided by their actions after the nether Eg. Did they try to sell stuff that they found in the nether.
I didnt but i know some people who did.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:38:24 pm by ArchieSalt »

CKDavid

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 04:36:04 pm »
I appreciate you guys clearing this up so I know what exactly is going on now. Here's hoping we can get everything back in order soon.

obiwan1324

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
  • Servant of Queen Miosio of Nyan
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »
I just know the only legitiment way to obtain nether items is through excavation, glowstone and netherack. I have glowstone but have yet to get netherack, so please, don't think I was in the nether.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:33:02 pm by obiwan1324 »
-Obiwan1324

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:45:48 am »
Basically thanks to Rig being a ever watchful admin we found 1 guilty party that lead to another and another soon enough we had a huge list of players that had been found in the nether and Have Logs to prove it. the item wipe is because we have an admin item shop to help regulate nether related items while we were missing our nether. Somtimes you cant have you cake and eat it too, We couldnt support the nether prior to our upgrade so going into it was a strict No tolerance policy. These players are old vets and all know these basic rules. Yet knowingly went in to line their own pockets at the servers expense. So I made the punishment fit the crime. The bans were simply because I was so frustrated with our older players who should have known better to go and do this. I couldn't have them around while we figured a punishment, most will come back after a 3day ban. A few wont. That's all that needs to be said about this, Thank you for understanding.
I also find it rather unfair that you told me my punishment would be minimal if i told you all the names. Yet i get banned permanently. Not only this but i am framed by my fellow players

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »
Archie, you got to be fucking joking, you told 1/2 of the people who got into the Nether, how to get in. And yet you blame it on  5 separate people. Even if you did get unbanned, there would be no point because the whole server, even your "friends" know that you blamed them for the Nether incident.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »
Bjz
1) You bullshitted about the entire story
2) I told you how to get in. However i told you not to go in and that its not a good idea
3) Also youll find from everybodies statements that War was the one who spread the word and found out about the loophole.
4) My friends know that im totally innocent and wont stop fighting until im proven innocent.
Just you wait. Everybody misses me according to my good friend meerca8 and in the next couple of days ill be free of judgement.
Because im innocent

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:33:37 pm »
Archie
1) You told me to go in, and not to get caught, you told me the punishments wouldn't be severe.
2) You told a couple of us how to get in
3) You blamed Mariofighter, Rewas, Jr, and I.
4) You spread different rumors about everyone so we would all backstab each other, and get each other banned.

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 12:34:22 pm »
Its stated to Privatly msg 1ce with all that concerns to this matter. Dont call names or start shit on our forums.

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 12:35:20 pm »
Sorry Zombie, won't continue

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:24 pm »
Archie
1) You told me to go in, and not to get caught, you told me the punishments wouldn't be severe.
2) You told a couple of us how to get in
3) You blamed Mariofighter, Rewas, Jr, and I.
4) You spread different rumors about everyone so we would all backstab each other, and get each other banned.
1) I didnt, i warned you not to go in
2) i only told you, you told your friends
3) I blamed mario by accident and i apoligize as for you and the the others, i never blamed you in any way
4) I spread no rumours i simply told the truth.
Wait for the admins final verdict

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »
Things NOT to do when already in trouble with an admin

1) Ignore the post by 1cec0ld that's in every thread/post regarding this

2) When Admin says Stop, Keep going

3) Get on Alt accs demand admin to unban you from ts so you can do exactly what they asked you to do already.

4) Get on alts and tell admin how to do his job

5) Insult the admin and capslock your way to awesome

6) Just keep doing on what you are doing