Author Topic: Pokemon Gray - Chpt 6 - A Rocktastic battle  (Read 3357 times)

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
Pokemon Gray - Chpt 6 - A Rocktastic battle
« on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »

"Wow, and to think it was just this morning we started our journeys," Gray pointed out as the trio were exiting Viridian Forest and walking down the rest of Route 2 to Pewter City.

"It's coming onto night, fortunately I hear the gym is open until late, we can still challenge tonight," Tene said.

Gray thought this was a great idea and bounded on ahead to Pewter City with Yob and Tene trying to keep up behind.

After checking in at the Pokemon Center and meeting nrs_joy, the trio made their way to the gym. Tene wanted to check the out museum and Yob wanted to report the Team Rocket attack to the Pewter police, just down the road, but Gray charged on straight to the gym and announced his challenge to the front door.
A boy opened the door and walked out. It was Tactic. He greeted Gray and told him how he had just beaten the gym with his Charmeleon and new Pikachu. Gray felt a little underachieving since his squirtle hadn't evolved yet and he'd failed to acquire a pikachu in Viridian Forest, just a caterpie but he congratulated Tactic and vowed he would crush the leader without effort. After Tactic left a man introduced himself to the group," Hello, my name is Teh_Royal_Slime, I'm the front door guide to the gym. Like nrs_joy, I have many identical relatives, bearing the same name, at every gym in Kanto."
Slime guided the group down a corridor to the gym arena, a huge room with a rocky battle field. At the end of the room, on a podium was the gym leader.
"My name is Tcanton! I am the gym leader here at Pewter Gym! I hear that you wish to all challenge me. Who wants to go first?"

"That would be me!" Gray announced," Prepare to feel the wrath of my awesomeness! Oh yeah!"

"Urrr noobs..." Tcanton moaned.     

Gray sent out his Squirtle onto the battle field immediately, he was jumping with excitement for getting his first badge. Tcanton sent out his geodude and the battle was underway. Geodude threw rocks at Squirtle who managed to dodge them before using water gun. The attack knocked Geodude over and Squirtle charged up and used tackle on him but it didn't do much. The Geodude got back up and used rock throw again, this time hitting Squirtle. Squirtle struggled back to its feet as Geodude was coming in for a tackle attack. Gray quickly ordered Squirtle to dodge and use bubble which smashed into Geodude, knocking it out.
Gray did a victory dance and his signature pose before high-fiveing Squirtle.

"It's not over yet," Tcanton chuckled. He sent out Onix.
Squirtle and Gray stared in dismay at the huge Pokemon and cringed at its roar.

"Onix, use body slam!"

Onix smashed straight into Squirtle, still weak from the last battle. Squirtle could barely stand up. Tcanton ordered Onix to use tackle and the water Pokemon was no match getting knocked out.

"Noooooooo!" Gray yelled," You may have thought Squirtle was tough but just wait until you see Caterpie, your imminent death awaits!"

Caterpie came out of its Pokeball and stared up at the Onix in terror. Gray ordered it to use string shot which did nothing to the Onix but give it an itchy nose. Caterpie continuously used tackle but it didn't do much at all, to Onix that is. For Caterpie this was intense training and it started to evolve. Gray was shocked to see his new metapod. Before he could celebrate the evolution Onix used body slam again and knocked it straight out.
Gary's expression went from joy to devastation. He had lost his first gym fight. He kicked a rock in his anger but nearly broke his foot. Now in pain and sadness he limped over and sat in the stands.

Tene fought next. She won without much effort at all. Her eevee didn't even have to use any attacks, she used the arena to her advantage. Whenever Geodude would charge at Eevee, she would just dodge and let him fly straight into a boulder. This was the same with Onix except when he lunged down he'd bang his head on the ground until he beat himself to his inevitable defeat.

Tcanton was amazed at the victory. He'd never been beaten so easily in the past. Gray yelled out he would have done better but he was letting Tcanton win.

Lastly Yob fought and also won. This time was a lot closer and he only just succeeded thanks to the long distance usefulness of vine wip and razor leaf. He gave his Bulbasaur a poffin to celebrate before comforting Gray," Don't worry Gray, just because you aren't as talented in any way as me or Tene doesn't mean you won't win next time. You just need to train your ass off and you'll succeed!"

Tcanton gave Tene and Yob their badges.
"Sigh, three losses in one day. It's hard trying to live up to the great Hobo4chompy."

"Who's he?" Gray asked, now feeling more dandy.

"Hobo is the Johto region champion. Johto is the region left of Kanto," he answered," He used to be the gym leader here before me but went to challenge the Johto league, ending in great success. He trained me."

"Wow! That's so cool!" Gray exclaimed," Wait, wasn't the drunk bum in Viridian City named Hobo?"

"Ah yes, that was him. In his spare time he disguises himself as a tramp/hobo and wanders around the two regions testing the hearts of trainers. He will only fight those for are kind and companionate."

"Wow......I want to be as awesome as him one day!" Gray yelled," I'm gonna go train heaps now and I'll be back to beat the shit out of your team Tcanton!"

Before Tcan could respond, Gray ran back out the door, tripping over rocks and onto his face a couple times. Tene and Yob trailed after, suggesting they should go sleep now. Gray decided he wouldn't sleep and went to go train back in Route 2, all night long.

Sorry if this chapter wasn't funny enough. It's hard when it's mainly consumed by battles.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:40:01 am by sharkfin1997 »
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Pokemon Gray - Chpt 6 - A Rocktastic battle
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:46:32 am »
"Wow......I want to be as awesome as him one day!" Gay yelled," I'm gonna go train heaps now and I'll be back to beat the shit out of your team Tcanton!"

rofl

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:39:30 am »
Hobo Approves of this story   :banana:

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:12:24 am »
"Sigh, two losses in one day. It's hard trying to live up to the great Hobo4chompey."
Three* ;)

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:54:05 am »
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:33:28 am »
I love this story >_> <_<

Makes me feel like the most badass Character in the story

Victini998

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -3
  • Former Cinnabar Leader
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 09:59:31 am »
 :banana:  Good story so far, keep it up! :banana:

P.S. Do all the gym leaders have to have the pokemon the leaders have in the games? :3
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:42:36 am by Victini998 »