Author Topic: Pokémon Journeys - Pt. II - Crimson Defeat  (Read 3931 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Pokémon Journeys - Pt. II - Crimson Defeat
« on: April 26, 2013, 05:34:13 am »
Link to Pt I

"Stop!!!"
I turned around, startled by a loud male voice, probably originating from someone of the same age as me. I looked around and saw someone running towards me, their hair as red as blood. It was a similar hue to my hair, but I always preferred my purple hair to any other colour.
"Hello," he said as he walked up to me. "You got a Pokémon from Professor Oak too?" He looked at Amber, who was standing by my side. "Thats a weird looking Charmander you have there", he said, sounding somewhat disgusted, as he looked at Amber. Amber's tailed flared violently. "I also got myself a Pokémon from Professor Oak. But mine is superior in every way. Squirtle, introduce yourself."
The mysterious trainer released a Squirtle from a Poké Ball.
"This is a Squirtle," he said smugly. "Squirtle is a water type, and we all know what water type Pokémon are good against. How about a battle to show who has the better Pokémon."
I looked at Amber, and we both nodded.
"Lets' do this."
Both the mysterious trainer and I stood at opposite ends of the sandy path, ready to engage in battle. Being my first battle, I did start to feel a bit nervous. I didn't want Amber to get hurt, but I didn't want to lose either.
"Squirtle, go tackle that Charmander and show it who's boss"
The Squirtle took a running charge, aimed straight for Amber's chest.
"Amber, jump out of the way!"
Amber leapt to the side, just in time. The tip of his tail was hit by Squirtle, but no damage was taken. Amber spun around to face his opponent.
"Ha! You called your Charmander Amber!?!? What a dumb name."
Full of rage, I screamed out to Amber. "Scratch that Squirtle until it can't move!!!"
Amber charged towards Squirtle, and struck it with his claws, right across the face. Squirtle fell limp at Amber's feet, and I felt joy for our victory.
The trainer returned his Squirtle to its Poké Ball and ran off, shouting back at me, "This won't be our last encounter!"
I was about to walk back to Route 1, when my mum called out behind me.
"Wow Lavender. You won your first battle! I'm so glad you've grown up well. You forgot your phone too, I was hopping to catch you before you left."
"Thanks mum," I said as she handed me my phone.
"You should get a map too. There should be many copies in the lab."
We exchanged farewells, and I walked off to the lab again, hopefully for the last time before setting off to Route 1.

"Professor?"
It was dimly lit inside the lab, but shapes were still clearly discernible. I saw the professor sitting at a table with some papers, a desk lamp shedding light in the gloom. I approached him, and he turned around.
"Oh hello Lavender. What brings you here so early on your journey?"
"I need a map. I don't have one with me, and I'd hate to get lost. My mum told me there were a few copies here."
He rummaged through a drawer, and pulled out a map and handed it to me.
"Here, and good luck on your journey."
I took the map and thanked him, and walked out of the lab. I took another glance at the table that had the three Poké Balls on it not so long ago. The cradles sat empty. I dismissed it again, but considering that red haired trainer got one Pokémon, there was still one Poké Ball unaccounted for…

"Amber, use Scratch!"
Amber dived towards the wild Rattata and delivered a powerful scratch across its face. The Rattata fell limp, and I threw my first Poké Ball at it, watching the sphere fly towards the Pokémon. It connected with the unconscious Pokémon, and the ball absorbed it in a flash of red and white light. It fell to the ground and shook once. I watched it in earnest. A second shake. I clenched my fist. It shook again, and the ball emitted a click sound. I leapt in joy, at finally catching my first Pokémon. I rushed over and picked up the lifeless ball, containing my newly caught Pokémon, and placed it in my ball pocket. Thinking of a name for Rattata, I trekked the rest of the way to Viridian City, recalling what Professor Blackthorn had told me on my first day as a Pokémon trainer.

Those people were still grouped up further along the path. I thought maybe I should go take a look, but they were huddled too close to see around or over them. Instead I head over to the Viridian Pokémon Centre to heal Amber and my newest companion, Pierce. Those people were still there when I left the building, so I decided to head west out of the City, in the hope they might clear off when I return.

I avoided the tall grass, not wanting to run into any Pokémon here, I just wanted a relaxing walk. I saw a building at the end of the path and set off in that direction.
"HEY!!!"
I turned around and saw someone running towards me. I recognised the blood red hair instantly. It was the same person I fought earlier today.
"Where do you think you're headed?" His voice had a hint of anger to it. "You realise this is the way to the Pokémon League. You have no hope at all of getting past the guards. I bet you don't even have a badge yet."
He looked quite disgusted, and I felt somewhat intimidated.
"Lets see how your Pokémon have progressed."
With that, he sent out his Squirtle, and I sent out Amber. Without warning, the Squirtle let out a jet of water, heading directly for Amber. Amber jumped out of the way, just in time, and I ordered him to take a slash at Squirtle. Amber missed, and Squirtle was able to land a shell smash into Amber's back. Amber stumbled and fell. He was only level eight, I thought, wondering what level this killjoy's Squirtle was. Squirtle was preparing a charge attack.
"Amber, get up," I told Amber. "Show them your Ember attack."
Amber's tail fire flared up, and he let forth a giant burst of flame from his mouth. It was bigger than any fire I'd ever seen. Both that guy and myself had to step backwards to avoid the heat. When the fire subsided, Squirtle lay singed on the ground, unconscious. Squirlte was withdrawn, and a Pidgey took its place on the battlefield.
"Amber, let out another ember."
The Pidgey had to time to react, and was caught in the wave of fire. The Pidgey fell to the ground, much to the dismay of the red haired boy.
"Whats your name?" he asked me.
I was taken aback by the question, at such an odd time. "Lavender," I said. "My name is Lavender. What's your name?"
"Crimson," he replied. "My name is Crimson, and I will bring you down one day. We are just getting started, and this battle was yet another warm up. Next time I won't go easy."
With that, he walked off whence he came, and I was left with Amber, overjoyed with our victory. I watched him until he was out of view, and then made my way back to Viridian City, where I could set off again in the new day.

Link to Part. III
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:42:11 am by tenebraemaximus »

Ad...

Noivern

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 2
Re: Pokémon Journeys - Pt. II - Crimson Defeat
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »
<3

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:52:02 pm »
Marvelous. Your rattata sounds like it's in the top percentage. :3
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:29:15 am »
My  Arceus  its like that

Rattata is like in the top 10% of all rattata Someone call brock and bitch to him about this rattata being in the top 10% of RATTATA

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:13:21 pm »
Updated with link to Part. III

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 07:45:32 am »
Liquid helped with some errors here too.