Author Topic: Pokemon Gray - Chpt 16 - A Lightning Duel  (Read 2770 times)

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
Pokemon Gray - Chpt 16 - A Lightning Duel
« on: June 05, 2014, 03:36:07 am »

As the sun rises on another beautiful day in Vermilion City we find our heroes exiting the Pokemon Centre, where they stayed the night. Gray was reading a brochure as they approached the gym but they were stopped by a small shrub.

"There's no way of walking around this shrub, we're gonna have to chop through it," Yob spoke.

"Guys, I was reading this brochure on Vermilion City and it says that we need to use the HM Cut to get past this small shrub," Gray said.

"I didn't know you could read," Tene replied," and I don't see why we can't just navigate around it."

Yob pointed out that that was crazy talk and stated that he had received HM01 Cut from the ship's captain on the S.S.Anne and had taught it to his Paras. He then got it to chop down the innocent bush and the trio walked past and over to the gym.

"Finally!" Gray exclaimed," Time to show the leader the unmatched power of my team!"

They all walked into the gym together and were greeted by Slime once again. The interior seemed much larger than the exterior. There was wires and electrical generators everywhere. Ahead of them was a couple rows of trash cans.

"I have a strange hunch that it's a puzzle," Yod said before him and Tene read the rules and started doing it.

Gray was confused. He realised that something in this room had to open the large electric gates that lead to the leader.

"Hmmm, I realise that something in this room has to open the large electric gates that lead to the leader."

He spent the next half hour trying to figure out how before he realised it had something to do with the bins and spent another hour running back and forth flicking the right leavers in the right bins. Finally one of the staff got annoyed and just opened the gates for him.
Gray walked into the impressive leader arena. It was a chamber filled a bright glowing stone.

The leader stepped forward and spoke," My name is Pricey. You took awhile."

"Well it didn't help that I spent half an hour trying to figure out how the puzzle worked."

"What? There were signs out the front describing how to do it," Pricey replied," Did you not read the rules?"

"Pricey, Pricey, Pricey, come on. Who actually reads the rules before challenging a gym?"

Pricey sighed.

Yob and Tene were sitting up in the viewing stands, ready to film the battle with the Go-pros they had received from Paradox. They explained that they had already battled the leader and both won. Yob had stalled with his ivysaur and paras and used his clefairy to finish off Pricey's Pokemon, while Tene put the opponents to sleep with Drowzee's hypnosis and then attacked them with Eevee.

Gray and Pricey stood at opposite ends of the arena, ready to battle. Pricey sent out a voltorb.

"Haha, I have the perfect Pokemon to combat this!" Gray yelled before sending out his Wartortle.

Tene face palmed," Gray, why are you not using the diglett you caught yesterday?"

"Tene, I think I know type match-ups better than you," he replied," Now Wartortle, use water pulse!"

Wartortle sent a ball of water at the voltorb but it only pushed it back a bit. Gray was surprised and then shocked when the voltorb sent a thundershock at Wartortle, nearly knocking it out. Wartortle got back up and the two Pokemon shot attacks at each other until the voltorb eventually KOd it's opponent with a spark attack.
Gray was devastated and sent out Goldfry, assured that it would be a better opponent. Goldfry managed to put the voltorb to sleep and knock it out with a couple wing attacks. Pricey sent out his next Pokemon, a Pikachu that with one thundershock defeated Goldfry.

"What? How'd that happen?" Gray called in dismay," I call hax!"

Gray was worried as all he had left was his diglett that he thought would be useless in this battle, despite what Tene had said.

"Go Diglett!" He called," Use magnitude or whatever."

Diglett made the whole room shake and conveniently placed rocks went everywhere. The Pikachu kept getting battered until in was knocked out.

"Bwaaaa?!" Gray screamed," How'd that work so well?"

"Ground beats electric, dumbass," Tene scolded.

Pricey smirked," Your diglett may be super effective but my final Pokemon is not so easy to defeat."

With that he sent out an orange mouse Pokemon. Gray whipped out his Pokedex and scanned it, identifying it as Raichu, the evolved form of Pikachu.

"Time for my victory!" Pricey called as he ordered his raichu to use shock wave. It didn't hurt diglett but filled the battle field with light, making it impossible to see. Out of no where, Raichu slammed into diglett with a quick attack.
It continued this strategy a couple more times until diglett was near defeated but Gray had an idea.

"Quick Diglett! Go under ground."

Diglett burrowed under ground right before Raichu could hit it and popped up on the other side of the arena. Raichu tried again but was too slow, this time going face first into the wall. Pricey saw what was going on and ordered Raichu to follow diglett down the hole.

Gray made a smile and Pricey realised his mistake too late.

"Diglett use magnitude!" Gray called and the ground shook like crazy. Raichu couldn't escape and was eventually knocked out, concluding the battle.

"Good job," Pricey spoke,"You all deserve this Thunder Badge."

The trio exited the gym with great joy at their victory.

"Gray, good job, I'm surprised you actually used strategy, eventually," said Tene.

"Tene, I am the greatest battler of all time. Too bad my actual plan to cause an earthquake and just steal the badge didn't work. My talent of defeating raichus stood in the way of it. Sometimes I'm just too good."

Actually wrote this awhile ago but hadn't uploaded it.

Part 15:
http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=5093.0
Part 17:
http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=5482.0
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:55:46 am by sharkfin1997 »
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Pokemon Gray - Chpt 16 - A Lightning Dual
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:39:55 am »

Also, next part should be linked at the end, not the previous part, unless you want people reading in reverse chronology. Updated master thread too.