Author Topic: Unbearable Lag  (Read 7521 times)

alexandred3

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 9
Re: Unbearable Lag
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:18 pm »
I wouldn't mind having mcmmo removed if that would increase the server playability.

Ad...

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »
I actually agree, but because it'll mean Gymleaders wont be overly powerful.
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 01:11:39 pm »
I do like mcmmo. It's not the best, but it brings crucial things to the pvp experiance. We would all have to fight with swords. Also lilac, gym leaders are powerful because they train and have determination. People without determination shouldn't be able to walk on and dominate the veterans. If mcmmo is removed, we will need a very suitable replacEment.

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 01:22:11 pm »
Or... we could always reconsider...Heroes...
I've always liked the hero plugin, why not give it a shot?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:23:58 pm by LilacLily »
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 01:27:58 pm »
I do like mcmmo. It's not the best, but it brings crucial things to the pvp experiance. We would all have to fight with swords. Also lilac, gym leaders are powerful because they train and have determination. People without determination shouldn't be able to walk on and dominate the veterans. If mcmmo is removed, we will need a very suitable replacEment.
I agree with almost everything you say. *adds to wise person list*

Hopefully something happens for 1.4. Otherwise its 99% certain mcMMO will be gone...
I'd help with a ModDamage version, but my MD coding skill isn't good enough yet... All I'd be able to do is damage modifications and messages, and perhaps a few other cool effects... xD

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 03:30:42 pm »
Mcmmo would be a huge loss if it is removed but if it has to be done then we cant do anything else.
At least PvP will be more balanced if it is removed - you may have to think of compensation for people training their ass off.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 06:38:54 pm »
I hate McMMo. It's wayy too op. Honestly, the only thing I would miss if it was removed would be Acrobatics. In fact, getting rid of it would stop stat grinders, the problem with auto-fishing, give an even field of play for all players, old and new, etc.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »
I hate McMMo. It's wayy too op. Honestly, the only thing I would miss if it was removed would be Acrobatics. In fact, getting rid of it would stop stat grinders, the problem with auto-fishing, give an even field of play for all players, old and new, etc.
mcMMO is what gives [Trainers] something to train, similar to training a pokemon's stats in game. Sure, not every stat matches a skill's effect, but its easy to use.

This is true, you wouldn't want to have put effort into the server, only to get beaten by someone who had just joined that same day.

mcMMO has become an integral part of the server. Both for the similarity to training, and to separate those with determination from the 'conveniant' critical hit in battle.

Jotr123

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 3
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »
Alright, if mcMMO seems to be the problem, lets try out a whole 24 hours without mcMMO, but have it saved and copied to another area on hex's computer. If the lag seems to lessen, then lets either look for a new plugin, have 1ce make a new skills plugin, or just leave the lag.

Force is meaningless without skill.

hexacyanide

• Forum Admin
  • First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
If you make an McMMO clone with ModDamage, you're just going to cause more lag. McMMO references the Bukkit API directly, where ModDamage code is first routed through the plugin.

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »
Would it be possible to make an McMMO clone without ModDamage, and have it not lag the server?

hexacyanide

• Forum Admin
  • First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 11:37:41 pm »
It's quite possible. You could pretty much just take the McMMO source and tweak it to be more efficient.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 03:11:18 am »
tweak it to be more efficient.

Ur funny.

My idea is to use MD to rewrite the parts of mcmmo that are based on the less laggy bukkit events. I assume most of our problems come from block break and the mcmmo_data records. My goal is to work off of that and ignore most of those aspects, while still capturing a method of leveling up and getting stronger over time.

hexacyanide

• Forum Admin
  • First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 06:11:28 pm »
Then why not work off the McMMO source? You're not going to have fun converting McMMO statistics data files. Why not just "cut" up McMMO?

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 07:37:27 pm »
Then why not work off the McMMO source?

Because I don't know bukkit that well, nor do i know java at all, and our only decent bukkit developer has recently retired.