Author Topic: Elite difficulty  (Read 3161 times)

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Elite difficulty
« on: July 27, 2013, 08:32:49 pm »
Question, do people not go for johto elite due to its difficulty, kantos ease, or the fact there isn't much different? I've come up with an idea to make elite more challenging I feel it would be nice for johto only to add some sort of a difference and add a new challenge aspect and therefor more pride in achieving the title, my question is would it make johto elite more or less sought after.

Idea: much like in the pokemon games when you challenge elite the items and pokemon you go with are it no healing no shopping, so what if after each battle your inventory is taken and placed in a chest for your next fight thus causing you to use your limited inventory space to select the proper ammount of armor potions apples pearls ect. You will need, making each sequential elite you battle slightly more difficult(which also adds to trying to get a higher elite spot) as the elite will be fresh and you will be hoping you brought enough.

Please leave feedback

*disclaimer* these changes have not been made or discussed at all I want a feel from the community before bringing it up
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Ad...

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
Re: Elite difficulty
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 09:03:52 pm »
Question, do people not go for johto elite due to its difficulty, kantos ease, or the fact there isn't much different? I've come up with an idea to make elite more challenging I feel it would be nice for johto only to add some sort of a difference and add a new challenge aspect and therefor more pride in achieving the title, my question is would it make johto elite more or less sought after.

Idea: much like in the pokemon games when you challenge elite the items and pokemon you go with are it no healing no shopping, so what if after each battle your inventory is taken and placed in a chest for your next fight thus causing you to use your limited inventory space to select the proper ammount of armor potions apples pearls ect. You will need, making each sequential elite you battle slightly more difficult(which also adds to trying to get a higher elite spot) as the elite will be fresh and you will be hoping you brought enough.

Please leave feedback

*disclaimer* these changes have not been made or discussed at all I want a feel from the community before bringing it up
1: Tene's gym course is now super difficult. Personally I would love to be Johto's fourth elite.
2: The idea is cool, although I foresee many complains about armor breaking or lack of apples. This may also lead to no one challenging the elites at all. Elites and their challengers have complaints about their lack of materials. This Idea would mean they bring about 5 sets of armor, about a stack of op apples, and a bunch of potions. Most elites/players don't have half of that. The main problem would be a lack of challengers.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 01:48:57 am »
I almost beat para's gym, 1ce's took me hours, Oddy was the hardest gym battle I'd had, how bad can tene's gym be. This is near the top of my to do list when I get back.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -5
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:33:06 am »
I don't think it is so much of the gym being extremely difficult, but more that it is extremely time consuming. I haven't even attempted Tene's course because it would take ages for me to complete, and honestly, I'm just too lazy to put in 2-3 hours on a gym course. Also, most Johto courses are like this, which makes it even longer to get badges. So with people taking forever to get badges or just not wanting them at all, they can't challenge the Johto Elite 4, so being a Johto Elite is on low demand, since there are almost never challenges. As for the keep inventory idea, I dislike it. As an Elite, I use potions during fights, which take up a lot of inventory space. That added to enough sets for 4 or 5 fights, weapons, and OP apples, would just be too much. Though I think it would add to the Pokemon theme, I don't think it'd be very fun for those challenging the Elite 4. Those are just my thoughts on it.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 05:36:16 am »
My gym isn't hard. It can take at most 15min to complete the course.

About the no healing thing between fights, players aren't Nuzlocking their challenge. In the games you can use full restores and such between battles.

I think someone who has all 8 badges should take some initiative and challenge.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:04:38 am »
My gym isn't hard. It can take at most 15min to complete the course.

About the no healing thing between fights, players aren't Nuzlocking their challenge. In the games you can use full restores and such between battles.

I think someone who has all 8 badges should take some initiative and challenge.
wouldnt be a nuzlock they would able to bring multiple armor sets, equivalent to full heal
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 09:31:42 am »
nah I dont like this idea its more ppl just dont care to get all the badges to challenge

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 03:41:23 pm »
Personally I think the gyms are too difficult or time consuming in johto. I think when, eventually, all 5 regions are released (or atleast the next region that gets completed), we should try to balance gyms difficulty across the board per region. So make make kanto stupid easy, johto like the new Kanto almost, Hoenn the new johto.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 04:32:42 pm »
I don't know about difficult. Para's gym wasn't hard like everyone complained it was just very very time consuming. And I have yet to take a look at tene's
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »
Personally I think the gyms are too difficult or time consuming in johto. I think when, eventually, all 5 regions are released (or atleast the next region that gets completed), we should try to balance gyms difficulty across the board per region. So make make kanto stupid easy, johto like the new Kanto almost, Hoenn the new johto.

I like that idea, but how would you balance the difficulty by the time you reach the sixth region? I doubt we have enough dedicated players to maintain over... 78 places. (That includes Elite 4 and Champion.)

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »

I like that idea, but how would you balance the difficulty by the time you reach the sixth region? I doubt we have enough dedicated players to maintain over... 78 places. (That includes Elite 4 and Champion.)

That's a problem irrelevant of difficulty, in my opinion. I'm not really sure what we're going to do when we have all those regions... Luckily it's taking a long time for us to make these regions. I think with new map of Kanto and Johto, we can try to force easier gyms to allow more passage between the two. Personally, I want the three regions (Hoenn being the third since it looks like the next one that will be done) like this

Kanto: Easy. This is for noobs, really. Being a gymleader isn't that difficult and the elite is just the best of the noobs.
Johto: Medium. These people have been here for a while and are trying to move up the PVP ranks. It's worthy being in the Elite. Looked up to.
Hoenn: Hard. This is for veterans who are willing to put the time in to be the best of the best. Getting the badges is a a true challenge. Being in the elite is  Arceus -like.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 06:03:57 pm »
yea well thanks para -.-