Author Topic: Wallets  (Read 6394 times)

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
Wallets
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »
By default players have a "Basic Wallet" which can only hold up to $5000.
Players may purchase larger wallets to hold more money, but someone cannot for example purchase a Champions Wallet when they only have a Basic Wallet.
When someone tries to obtain money with a full wallet, it will tell them in chat "Your wallet cannot fit any more money! Upgrade it with /wallets upgrade!"

"/Wallets help" will bring up:
"/wallets upgrade" Purchases the next wallet if you have enough money and tells you: "you just upgraded your <old wallet> to a <new wallet>!"
"/wallets info" Tells you what wallet you have, how much it holds, and what the next wallet is called

Wallets Obtainable To Normal Players:
     Basic Wallet - obtained by reading rules, holds $5000
     Trainer Wallet - costs $2500, holds $20 000
     Ace Trainer Wallet - costs $15 000, holds $50 000
     Champions Wallet - costs $35 000, holds $250 000
Special Wallets:
     Gym Leaders Wallet - holds $60 000 (exclusively for gym leaders)
     Donator Wallet - holds $500 000 (any donation of $10+ gets this wallet)

It's quite a simple idea, but I think it would be useful to prevent a single person from obtaining enough money to destroy the economy, and it would be a fun goal to get the biggest wallet possible! It also provides another feature for donators, the $500 000 wallet.

EDIT: Yes I do realize this will force people to have at least a trainers wallet before purchasing a house, but I don't see a problem in that. :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:15:25 pm by MasterAssassin82 »

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Wallets
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »
Trainers have more desire to buy a house than purchase a wallet for the price that a house can cost.
I've suggested limiting the max money to $999 999 just like in the pokemon games, that way players still have the freedom of unrestricted money hoarding, up to a certain amount, just like the games.

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »
Trainers have more desire to buy a house than purchase a wallet for the price that a house can cost.
Well once they have a Trainers Wallet which holds $20 000, then they can buy a house and then after that save up for a bigger wallet, also if you think the prices are too high they could be lowered if we actually do this, those are just my opinions of a good price.(omg my grammar seems weird there and I dont know how to fix it lol)

btw The only wallets that cost more than a house is the Ace Trainer wallet and up, so I assumed you were talking about that one

I've suggested limiting the max money to $999 999 just like in the pokemon games, that way players still have the freedom of unrestricted money hoarding, up to a certain amount, just like the games.
Well, we could have the donor packages each get a 999 999 wallet, but I think the economy would be more balanced if people could not go that high. The highest balance of a normal player right now is $1 684 770, which in my opinion is WAY too high.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:17:59 pm »
Well once they have a Trainers Wallet which holds $20 000, then they can buy a house and then after that save up for a bigger wallet, also if you think the prices are too high they could be lowered if we actually do this, those are just my opinions of a good price.(omg my grammar seems weird there and I dont know how to fix it lol)

btw The only wallets that cost more than a house is the Ace Trainer wallet and up, so I assumed you were talking about that one
Well, we could have the donor packages each get a 999 999 wallet, but I think the economy would be more balanced if people could not go that high. The highest balance of a normal player right now is $1 684 770, which in my opinion is WAY too high.
Limiting max money to $999 999 would almost halve that players money (you know who you are :P)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:44:11 pm »
Lucas is not normal, the max of any statistic is not normal. To use the word 'normal' i suggest taking the average of the player's money counts, which is total/amount of players.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »
I like this idea. I will being it up at the admin meeting...

teenozoom77

• PokeManiac
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -24
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 10:14:53 pm »
I like this idea. I will bring it up at the admin meeting...
  Fixed
This is what i got when i tried it again

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 06:39:16 pm »
but, but I like the broken economy.  Cheap Diamonds, expensive apples.  Selling stone swords to noobs for 200$.  Looks legit to me.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:10 pm »
Wallets sound stupid what if you wanna get a monopoly

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 02:33:03 pm »
Could you stop being a hanzo and reviving topics that haven't been discussed in 2 months?

"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 02:36:08 pm »
mean much :(

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »
He's not being mean at all, almost every Forum know to mankind has a thing against Necroing old posts.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:46 am »
He's not being mean at all, almost every Forum know to mankind has a thing against Necroing old posts.

At least he stayed on topic.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:57 am »
At least he stayed on topic.
thx Tene  :aww:

Ianpc13

• PokeManiac
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -16
  • Bulbasaur my Friend
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 05:38:11 pm »
By default players have a "Basic Wallet" which can only hold up to $5000.
Players may purchase larger wallets to hold more money, but someone cannot for example purchase a Champions Wallet when they only have a Basic Wallet.
When someone tries to obtain money with a full wallet, it will tell them in chat "Your wallet cannot fit any more money! Upgrade it with /wallets upgrade!"

"/Wallets help" will bring up:
"/wallets upgrade" Purchases the next wallet if you have enough money and tells you: "you just upgraded your <old wallet> to a <new wallet>!"
"/wallets info" Tells you what wallet you have, how much it holds, and what the next wallet is called

Wallets Obtainable To Normal Players:
     Basic Wallet - obtained by reading rules, holds $5000
     Trainer Wallet - costs $2500, holds $20 000
     Ace Trainer Wallet - costs $15 000, holds $50 000
     Champions Wallet - costs $35 000, holds $250 000
Special Wallets:
     Gym Leaders Wallet - holds $60 000 (exclusively for gym leaders)
     Donator Wallet - holds $500 000 (any donation of $10+ gets this wallet)

It's quite a simple idea, but I think it would be useful to prevent a single person from obtaining enough money to destroy the economy, and it would be a fun goal to get the biggest wallet possible! It also provides another feature for donators, the $500 000 wallet.

EDIT: Yes I do realize this will force people to have at least a trainers wallet before purchasing a house, but I don't see a problem in that. :P
A safe place for my money :)