Author Topic: Tall Grass Random Encounters - CREEPERS  (Read 3164 times)

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
Tall Grass Random Encounters - CREEPERS
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:58:26 pm »
I personally hate these guys (no "feces" I'm playing Minecraft).  In the wild and outside the wild. I wouldn't mind them if there was actually a fair chance to fight them...  When I see "A wild Creeper has appeared".  I cry. Q___Q____.  <--- See the rivers of my tears.

The thing I'm suggesting is take Creepers from the random encounter plug in.  Or if possible change their explosion timer so they can start setting off till like 1-2 seconds after spawning (I was thinking 1.5 would be the perfect timer).  Just so you have a chance to actually fight the guy before he explodes.

Now I already know the first thing I'm going to see is "Well just wear blast protection armor, and you should be fine".  However that's not the problem actually. I rarely die to creepers.  I protect myself just fine.  I would just much rather have a chance to fight them, get the exp, gold, and possible sulfur (for what it's worth).  Just the chance too, other then it spawning and instantly explodes.

So yeah it's a suggestion. I bet it's been suggestion before, and you probably have a good reason for the creepers to be there, or you guys just like laughing at the people that come up "Bob is blasting off again... *ding*" I find it entertaining, especially when I died from a creeper for the first time (cause I'm James... From Team Rocket.. hah?... OK bad joke).

P.S.  DUDE? WHERE ARE THE SPIDERS? ADD THEM TO RANDOM ENCOUNTER ALREADY!?

Ad...

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
Re: Tall Grass Random Encounters - CREEPERS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »
One word. Move.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »
I try to keep running when they spawn, but even then I can't make it out of the range of their explosion countdown.  I can make it out of the range of their damage, but not out of their range to stop them from exploding, and when a creeper explodes it doesn't drop any thing from combat (exp, items).

P.S We love you Prodigy <3 :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:01:38 pm by Pythonhier »

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »
I've been able to avoid creeper explosions from MIG spawned creepers, and that was a confined area (7x11 in my house). All it takes is a bit of running and its quite easy. Think of these creepers as geodude with high speed. They use selfdestruct first turn.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:12:52 pm »
QQ I met a shiny graveler in the champion cave place before the Kanto league in Fire red, and after I used false swipe (with my awesomely bred parasect), and it used self destruct before I used spore to put it to sleep.  :( that day I learned to always use Spore first.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »
P.S.  DUDE? WHERE ARE THE SPIDERS? ADD THEM TO RANDOM ENCOUNTER ALREADY!?

IT's a bit hard to hit a spider inside grass since they're the same height.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:42:02 pm »

IT's a bit hard to hit a spider inside grass since they're the same height.

Maybe make cave spiders a tall-grass exclusive mob? No one encounters them because spawners aren't exactly mob spawn friendly anymore :p

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:02 am »
Wait so we have Creepers that are slightly difficult to attack cause you have to avoid and stop their explosion when they spawn, but spider's are not added cause it's slightly difficult to attack them in tall grass?

You seriously usually never fight spiders.  Where is the spider love QQ.  Spinarak, was one of my favorite Pokemon in Johto.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 01:10:34 pm »
Wait so we have Creepers that are slightly difficult to attack cause you have to avoid and stop their explosion when they spawn, but spider's are not added cause it's slightly difficult to attack them in tall grass?

You seriously usually never fight spiders.  Where is the spider love QQ.  Spinarak, was one of my favorite Pokemon in Johto.

Spiders aren't implemeted because of the difficulty but rather the implications that follow it. If you try to hit a spider in grass, you break the grass rather than the spider. But if you're on a route, you can't destroy the grass so it spams you and regrows. The spider is essentially impossible to kill without breaking the grass, which you can't.  You can kill a creeper, it takes barely any maneuvering. Two different ball games.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »
If you want spiders don't train in tall grass.

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:43 pm »
You can still add spiders it wouldnt be that hard to back away from the grass and kill them

-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 11:22:08 pm »
You can still add spiders it wouldnt be that hard to back away from the grass and kill them

We had it previously implemented and no one liked it. No reason to add it.