Author Topic: Armor Restrictions for Elite Fights  (Read 4574 times)

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
Armor Restrictions for Elite Fights
« on: August 10, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »
Proposing that the amount of armor that each player can bring into an elite fight be limited. I think one set would be ideal, but any limitation should be progress. Since doubled health has been introduced, limited armor should keep the outcome of elite battles more dependent on skills rather than money and resources.

While watching the elite fight between Archie and eyoung, I saw that Archie (with 1 set of armor total) was doing much better in terms of pvp skill; he was landing a lot more hits than he was recieving. Eyoung (2 total sets of armor) was able to stand around and replace armor as it broke. This wasn't plausible before, but with enchanted armor, golden apples, and doubled health combined, he was easily able to stand and take a ton of hits while replacing armor. A full set or Eyoung's armor had already broken before any of Archie's started to break. Archie managed to win with half of his set of armor remaining, but he had to deal out enormous damage to make up for his lack of resources.

I don't want to see elite fights be more focused on who can fill their inventories with as much armor as they can afford rather than who can fight better than the other.

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: Armor Restrictions for Elite Fights
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »
Exactly, I found myself in a worrying situation in that battle because I'd ran out of armor, potions and golden apples and I was very close to death because Eyoung had double the armor I had. He ate about a total of 10 golden apples whereas I only had 4.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:23:29 pm »
Then Archie you scared fighting eyoung wait for me  :haha:  but i always use one set I have muiltiple sets but I just bring one

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:07:16 pm »
My personal thoughts is Why even care if people bring more then One set of armor? I think if they don't feel right having one set to fight them why not bring another extra.
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »
My personal thoughts is Why even care if people bring more then One set of armor? I think if they don't feel right having one set to fight them why not bring another extra.

If it doesn't matter to you whether skill or money/resources plays the major role in elite fights, then I guess you wouldn't care. I thought I addressed this in the OP.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:58:29 am »
I propose (to gamefreak) that we have a limit on how many Max Revives and Full Restores and Max Elixers we can bring into the Elite 4.
Obviously it is op and cheating when you can fill your inventory with all those items while the enemy just wastes their Power Points on your pokemon, especially when you know they don't have as many as you do.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 03:24:44 am »
I propose (to gamefreak) that we have a limit on how many Max Revives and Full Restores and Max Elixers we can bring into the Elite 4.
Obviously it is op and cheating when you can fill your inventory with all those items while the enemy just wastes their Power Points on your pokemon, especially when you know they don't have as many as you do.

This, I would've posted something similar in the morning, but I had to leave quickly. The elites don't usually have a full 6 pokemon until the rematches too.

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 03:34:42 am »
What are Max Revives on this server  ???

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 03:46:30 am »
What are Max Revives on this server  ???

Instant Healing potions?

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 11:12:49 am »

This analogy doesn't hold up. In the Pokemon games, the elite fights are supposed to be a very challenging series of battles against the computer with no breaks. They expect you to need to use items to survive the fights. In Minecraft, it is battling other real players with sometimes days between battles to repair and gather more items to replace the ones you lost. The fights are much more isolated on our server than the eilte fights in Pokemon. Battling other real people in Pokemon is much more similar our Elite fights. And Gamefreak has, from the very start, not allowed item usage (aside from held items) when battling other people for what I presume to be the same reasons I would like to see armor limited. If they hadn't, pokemon battles between people would often be about who can spam the most full restores and not who has the better team of pokemon.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 02:40:29 pm »
Or the better skill in battle :P

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 03:55:21 pm »

This analogy doesn't hold up. In the Pokemon games, the elite fights are supposed to be a very challenging series of battles against the computer with no breaks. They expect you to need to use items to survive the fights. In Minecraft, it is battling other real players with sometimes days between battles to repair and gather more items to replace the ones you lost. The fights are much more isolated on our server than the eilte fights in Pokemon. Battling other real people in Pokemon is much more similar our Elite fights. And Gamefreak has, from the very start, not allowed item usage (aside from held items) when battling other people for what I presume to be the same reasons I would like to see armor limited. If they hadn't, pokemon battles between people would often be about who can spam the most full restores and not who has the better team of pokemon.

In the games, each elite also uses a specific theme of Pokémon, and get progressively stronger each battle.
The server doesn't follow a theme of weapons for each elite, and each elite doesn't necessarily get progressively stronger either.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 04:03:51 pm »
In the games, each elite also uses a specific theme of Pokémon, and get progressively stronger each battle.
The server doesn't follow a theme of weapons for each elite, and each elite doesn't necessarily get progressively stronger either.
That's completely unrelated to what Daanor said.

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 01:14:21 pm »
In the e4 I have realized that alot of the fight is based on how much money you have to buy stuff when I have like 100$ I always lose but when I have around 10k I win so Id say not really potions its how well you are of with money to prep for the battles

Reshiramax

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »
No items no anything [FIST FIGHT] I Everyone watching the fight...
                                                            V
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :/ :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:  :P  :blush: :evil: :fear: :cry: :eyes:
Except without them