Author Topic: Gameplay Suggestions!  (Read 8250 times)

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
Gameplay Suggestions!
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »
What if we mixed 1ce's Safari Zone, with our original one. Not only does this enhance the gameplay, it makes it more Pokemon like. On top of this, we can still have mcmmo, this would give those weaker players a way to strategize and to defeat those more experienced players.
Anyway this is one suggestion, make a post about your ideas of it, or post some suggestions you have.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Gameplay Suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:44:01 pm »
1ce's "Safari Zone" idea is for a separate server, his server. The only way I can see this even being potentially used on the PvP server is if there were a Mystery Dungeon world, where mcMMO would be absent. Basically, this is just putting 1ce's server on another world...

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:14 pm »
I think a cool concept we should do is try implementing an actual safari zone. You pay up, get X amount of balls for Y amount of time, and are teleported to a specially built safari zone that may not represent the actual safari zone, but is very fun and lots of pokemon. Your items are all saved and taken from you like the real safari zone too.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:01:24 pm »
I think a cool concept we should do is try implementing an actual safari zone. You pay up, get X amount of balls for Y amount of time, and are teleported to a specially built safari zone that may not represent the actual safari zone, but is very fun and lots of pokemon. Your items are all saved and taken from you like the real safari zone too.
Oh, I didn't mean the pixelmon server. If you didn't know 1ce's server has pokemon moves coded into the game. So if used in the pvp server, it would enhance pvp and the dynamic of gameplay in general. But you're idea is great, pay to go to a separate world to use pokemon moves. As Tene said, it would be like adding 1ce's server. This may not be a bad thing. Let's just hope there isn't a repeat in what happened from the pixelmon release to the population. Perhaps it was pixelmon's gameplay that drove a lot of people away.
And Paradox, I'm not entirely sure if i misunderstood what you said or not. Let me know in case  ;)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:19:50 pm »
Oh, that's my bad, I should had realized where this topic was, sorry. I think you bring an interesting idea to the table. It would definitely be an interesting spin on the PVP server if 1ce is okay with it.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:02:34 am »
Lol, my server is 4/19 done, maybe. The odds of it actually getting finished at all are lower than the odds of finishing the Build Map before 1.8 is Mojang released, much less finished in time for 1.8 pokeserver update, much much less finished in time for the map update.

In addition to the infeasibility of it being ready in time for anyone to actually enjoy it, it 100% breaks the [Trainer] paradigm. You are the Trainer, your items are your pokemon, you train your stats as you would train your pokemon so that your items help you more as you move up the ladder. There is no world in pokemon where Brock is using Rock Throw, Ash is using Thunderbolt, or Misty using Water Gun (Except maybe in rule34 worlds).

Summary: I do not like this idea very much.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 02:00:07 am »
Lol, my server is 4/19 done, maybe. The odds of it actually getting finished at all are lower than the odds of finishing the Build Map before 1.8 is Mojang released, much less finished in time for 1.8 pokeserver update, much much less finished in time for the map update.

In addition to the infeasibility of it being ready in time for anyone to actually enjoy it, it 100% breaks the [Trainer] paradigm. You are the Trainer, your items are your pokemon, you train your stats as you would train your pokemon so that your items help you more as you move up the ladder. There is no world in pokemon where Brock is using Rock Throw, Ash is using Thunderbolt, or Misty using Water Gun (Except maybe in rule34 worlds).

Summary: I do not like this idea very much.

Remember that person who wanted to build the mystery dungeon map and you were wondering if/how it could be integrated? This is probably the closest possibility for that. Your server, your idea though.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 12:15:46 pm »
Never played the PMD series, any of them, that's an area outside my expertise. If we wanted to go forward with a PMD concept somehow I'd be willing to listen, but I can't make any judgements with my current lack of knowledge.

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:13 pm »
Bespinben and I actually started building the PMD world two years ago. I've got a lot of ideas in terms of how to implement the dungeons both on PvP and now Pixelmon.
I think PMD (or Ranger) is the best side series to move into first, bar maybe Orre or Poketopia.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 06:07:22 pm »
Bespinben and I actually started building the PMD world two years ago. I've got a lot of ideas in terms of how to implement the dungeons both on PvP and now Pixelmon.
I think PMD (or Ranger) is the best side series to move into first, bar maybe Orre or Poketopia.
Yeah I thought that was a cool idea. I would be interested in help building for PMD. All we need to figure out is how to make dungeons different every time. And have some type of PVP system. I would help if we ever did this idea
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 06:29:40 pm »
Yeah I thought that was a cool idea. I would be interested in help building for PMD. All we need to figure out is how to make dungeons different every time. And have some type of PVP system. I would help if we ever did this idea

How different are the dungeons each time? Are they completely randomly generated, or do they follow a cycle of pre-generated cave networks?

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 02:41:21 am »
I got an idea. On the PVP server you could make some dungeons that you have to get past. And those dungeons lead to a boss dungeon with a spawner that makes boss mobs with like alot of health, speed 2, strength 1 etc. And on the Pixelmon server there are also dungeons that you have to do parkour to get to the boss dungeon (The dungeons will be small enough so that a player cant ride on their Pokemon). And in the boss dungeon there could be the shrines of the 3 birds. Obviously the parkour will have to be quite hard to give a proper challenge. I hope you give this a thought.

synderfin

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 03:10:21 am »
How different are the dungeons each time? Are they completely randomly generated, or do they follow a cycle of pre-generated cave networks?
I don't know if we'd need to have them change each time. Some dungeons in the original PMD had up to 99 floors. There's no way people are going to memories their way through them.
Owner of SharkCo.
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Favourite server quotes:
Trainer card:

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:11 pm »
They are pre-generated, being different each time. But Im sure command blocks or a plugin can do wonders. If we ever did this idea, and could not get pre-generation, we could make a lot of maps for people to use.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

synderfin

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 04:55:12 pm »
They are pre-generated, being different each time. But Im sure command blocks or a plugin can do wonders. If we ever did this idea, and could not get pre-generation, we could make a lot of maps for people to use.

I don't know if we'd need to have them change each time. Some dungeons in the original PMD had up to 99 floors. There's no way people are going to memories their way through them.

Also, there's so many dungeons that building multiple versions of all of them would be ridiculous. Tene or I might be able to work something with the new teleportation commands in 1.8 for changing dungeons.
Owner of SharkCo.
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Favourite server quotes:
Trainer card: