Author Topic: Temp Ban of Magetankpr0  (Read 4282 times)

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
Temp Ban of Magetankpr0
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:56:55 pm »
Mage was in Duckox's gym, and refused to leave after both Duckox and myself asked him several times to leave. I kicked him, then told him several more times to leave. He continued to refuse, and then began to insult me, so I temp banned him for 3 days.

I support and expect the ban to be lifted long before 3 days. I gave him three days because I was told upon becoming a mod that the temp ban lasted 3 days. I assumed that putting in another length of time wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:02:31 pm by Daanor »

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: Temp Ban of Magetankpr0
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »
Mage came to me on skype and explained his side of the story to me. He was wrong to disobey Daanor and Duckox, however he's made it clear to me that he didn't listen to them as he didn't see the harm in spectating. I've familiarised him with the rules and he revealed to me that his home life is very stressful explaining his frustrated behaviour pre-ban and especially post-ban.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:49:31 pm »
This is the single worst ban I've ever heard of. There' a time and place to ban people. /jail is a cool command. You banned a person for what you thought 72 hours for something so unharmful. Was he breaking the rules? Yes. Does he need to be punished? Yes. But he wasn't being detrimental. I unbanned him myself now. Do not think you can just willingly use your powers to solve conflicts. I've temp-banned very few people in my years as an admin. Think before you act.

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:22 pm »
I'll keep all of that in mind for the future. Thanks.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 06:53:04 pm »
Duckox and myself asked him several times to leave. I kicked him, then told him several more times to leave. He continued to refuse, and then began to insult me, so I temp banned him for 3 days.
I am completely ok with the temp ban put in place, although the time was long, something like this do shorter ammount

/jail is a cool command
Do not think you can just willingly use your powers to solve conflicts
  lolwat
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:28:15 pm by oddy »
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -14
  • Now known as Asphyxiiatez!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 07:14:38 pm »
We are supposed to use our powers to solve conflicts  :rotf: :p

#swag

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »
Keep in mind, you can warp players out of an area to.

/warp pallettown [player]

But that will cost them money if they're not a donator.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:12:47 pm »
Oddy took my response out of context. It was obvious from the previous sentences that they should not be abused in situations where they are not needed. Why don't you read my full response rather than quote me and put one-worded responses? Underlining random phrases doesn't add or take away from the severity of a ban for breaking a small rule and not imposing himself in anyway. We temp ban people who are a determinant to the server and community as a whole. Not to being an undesired ghostobserver as Archie vouches was his intention.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:14:27 pm by Paradox »

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 10:57:58 pm »
my underlining indicates it became more than just being in a gym he was told not to be there, disregarded that, was kicked, disregarded that, told multiple times more, disregarded that, and than began to insult the moderator who was telling him. that type of disregard for rules and disrespect to staff is worth of a temp ban, as i said, 3 days, no, a couple of hours, yes. Daanor was unaware you could change the times on a temp ban, as he was told mods could do 3 days, mistake in communication happens, i support the actions he took though.

and sir if that is the "worst ban" you've ever seen, you must not pay attention. Your sitting here acting like its a perma ban no return no matter what it was a temp ban for what i feel are quite valid reasons. Look at the entire post and see what i underlined, it was the reasons why it was ok, and your comment was idiotic thats why it got a "lolwat" it made no sense.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:00:31 pm by oddy »
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 04:27:40 am »
This is the single worst ban I've ever heard of.

I was banned for saying I think Mio is drunk
:roll:

I gave him three days because I was told upon becoming a mod that the temp ban lasted 3 days.

Max of 3 days, any amount of time shorter is also an option. I'd have done it for 10 minutes so I could personally oversee his return and make sure he left, with the threat of a longer duration should he continue to be stubborn.
Do we even have a section where we explain what moderators can do, or is that part of the Commands By Group thread?

Just checked, his /seen location puts him smack in the viridiangym region. Unban may have been the wrong choice here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:29:35 am by 1cec0ld »

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 05:20:44 am »
:roll:

Max
Do we even have a section where we explain what moderators can do, or is that part of the Commands
theres an outdated basic list somewhere

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 10:21:47 am »

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant