Author Topic: essentials.gamemode permission.  (Read 2793 times)

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -14
  • Now known as Asphyxiiatez!
essentials.gamemode permission.
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:37:52 pm »
I feel like I have done a good job in my first 2 months of being a mod, and I think I may (if you guys agree) deserve the essentials.gamemode permission? I'm gonna post some reasons why I think I should have it.

1. I can host more events. With this permission, I can build "mini-events" to host whenever people want to participate in one. VIROS won't be bugged as much cause I can help in making some events.

2. I would be able to fly. You guys said I had to donate to gamefreak to get the permission, but I don't have the money to. What about when there wasn't a gamefreak? Then how did mods get /fly ? With fly I could record more battles without getting in the way of them. I could actually record good champion battles and elite battles.

3. I just took over Goldenrod gym, which had no course and just a black box as an arena. I want to make a course for the gym and make a nice arena for it. The new maps are being expected in the fall to come out, so I think I can make a course for it? I don't have a ton of items to build one in survival, so getting this would help me out big time.

Admins, reply with your answer and with reasons backing up your answer.  :rotf:

-Waffles (:

#swag

Ad...

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Re: essentials.gamemode permission.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »
will vote next meeting

Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:23:21 pm »
I feel like I have done a good job in my first 2 months of being a mod, and I think I may (if you guys agree) deserve the essentials.gamemode permission? I'm gonna post some reasons why I think I should have it.

1. I can host more events. With this permission, I can build "mini-events" to host whenever people want to participate in one. VIROS won't be bugged as much cause I can help in making some events.

2. I would be able to fly. You guys said I had to donate to gamefreak to get the permission, but I don't have the money to. What about when there wasn't a gamefreak? Then how did mods get /fly ? With fly I could record more battles without getting in the way of them. I could actually record good champion battles and elite battles.

Admins, reply with your answer and with reasons backing up your answer.  :rotf:

-Waffles (:

Same (Minus Gym Leader)

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »
I'd also like to ask for just /fly, I find it annoying when I have to use dirt to get to points I need to world edit, and like Waffles said, I'm also always getting bugged for events and I'm usually online alone. So with fly I could host my own events. I don't really need gm.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 09:16:52 pm »
Don't see why game-mode is needed instead of /fly.

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 12:27:46 am »
You guys refused ./fly cause I needed to donate according to you all. So thats why I asked for gm, and the other reasons.

#swag

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:16:03 am »
Why would we grant gamemode over fly.

I won't be here for the admin meeting but here is my opinion. Never have I been consulted on whether mods should have /fly. I'm fine with /fly. But I'm 100% against you, or really any mod as of now, to have gamemode. It's a powerful tool that you don't really need.

1) Events are not something you need to worry about. Leave that up to the admins/OP's unless we specifically go out for you. Feel free to host them but we're not giving special powers for you.

2) Like I said, I'm fine with /fly

3) You don't need /gamemode for building a gym nor are we going to modify your moderator powers to allow you to do something for your gym. That's a terrible reason.

If there was a real concern for it being needed, I'd consider it. But your three reasons are not even close to necessary.

And don't use time as a wavier for trust. You could be moderator for 2 years and if you don't build a trust with me, I won't ever be in favor for you to have more powers. That's just me though. I want to have a personal trust with my moderators, and flaunting your time as a means for trust is not how I measure that. Quality of quantity. Not saying you haven't done a good job or I don't trust you, fyi.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:19:28 am by Paradox »

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »
Yeah, I understand. Instead of game mode, all I need is /fly !

#swag