Author Topic: Owning Multiple Houses  (Read 5850 times)

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
Owning Multiple Houses
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:40:00 pm »
Found a player who is regioned for both Cherrygrovehouse3 and Newbarkhouse3 (and hopefully no more than that). Username is Axzerocrypt

I've found no precedent or guidelines as to what to do about this, so I wanted to see what the admins say about it. Not sure if there is some command that makes checking regions easier, but I use the Housing/Evictions thread to keep up with things. I only suggest it because I don't see the thread being updated by anyone else, and if there is no other way to check housing regions, then it could explain how this happened.

Ad...

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -14
  • Now known as Asphyxiiatez!
Re: Owning Multiple Houses
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:18:46 pm »
Remove him from Cherrygrovehouse3 because that is Libcream22's house, and Aero AKA Ka lives in new bark town.

#swag

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:21:20 pm »
Wait, actually I'm not sure, lemme see.

#swag

LilWaffles

• Formerly LilWaffles
  • Professor Assistant
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »
took care of this. locked.

#swag

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 02:45:39 pm »

Well I'd still like to know what the admins would like us to do if this were to happen again. Unless an admin told you what needed to be done, in which case, feel free to share.

Unlocked.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 04:15:06 pm »
I personally contact the player via mail if they're not online and inform them to make a choice to which house they want to keep, then I will allow them to sell one back to server for reg 50% buy back price, also this is the mod thread no need to lock or unlock
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:29 pm »
I'm not promising anything, but if you guys want, I can make a program that could check for people who have multiple homes I bet. I haven't looked at the file format in a while, but I'm sure it's possible. I have plenty of experience with file manipulation and filtering. As far as I know we don't have anything that does that currently. Opinions?

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:59:09 pm »
I'm not promising anything, but if you guys want, I can make a program that could check for people who have multiple homes I bet. I haven't looked at the file format in a while, but I'm sure it's possible. I have plenty of experience with file manipulation and filtering. As far as I know we don't have anything that does that currently. Opinions?

I wouldn't bother doing that, because house buying will be automated when the map is switched over, and it'll be impossible to own multiple houses.

I personally contact the player via mail if they're not online and inform them to make a choice to which house they want to keep, then I will allow them to sell one back to server for reg 50% buy back price, also this is the mod thread no need to lock or unlock

As for house refunding, often the players have already been refunded for the house, and its also 25%.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 10:07:18 pm »
Okay, that's good. I remember 1ce mentioning that to me. I think we really should have our next admin meeting or so reworking our rule set up and creating a concrete table set of what we plan to do for everything. I would of done it this one but I'm out of town so I'll bring it up next time.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:43:57 am »
And the admin meeting times may have to be changed again. I think I'll be working Fridays now.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 11:24:46 am »

As for house refunding, often the players have already been refunded for the house, and its also 25%.
since when is it 25% i dont remember it being changed to and when we initially switched to 1 house/player i specifically remember it being 50% buy back
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 11:51:51 am »
since when is it 25% i dont remember it being changed to and when we initially switched to 1 house/player i specifically remember it being 50% buy back

Same.

Also, for those who don't know, if you sell a house and want to see specifically if they own a house already:
/region list .IGNHERE
The period lets the plugin know you are looking at a player list.
Also paradox, if you wanted to have a look at the Worldguard API (google sk89q worldguard API) I have something to talk to you about later when I can catch you on ts.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »
i don't like that

You all decided on it...