Author Topic: Religion 2.0!  (Read 30393 times)

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
Religion 2.0!
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »
Since the other religion post died, I decided to make a new one.  Discuss the idea of religion and why you oppose or are for religion.  Here are a few ground rules:
1. No criticising someone's religion (or lack of). 
2. Think of this as a forum for discussing your religion or beliefs about religion.  No fights or anything.
3. Don't just say your religion and leave.  At least contribute to a conversation instead of saying a few words.
I'll add a few more when I see someone finding loopholes and making this topic chaotic.

I'll start.  I'm Christian ( :eek:  shocker).  Yes, I made the decision myself.  Here's the reason: I've seen some crazy shit happen in my life.  People instantly healed of stage 4 breast cancer, double scoliosis being instantly corrected, gold flakes raining down on people (yes, this actually happened).  This can't be explained by science (although it might, although many of these things are almost completely impossible).  Although I have seen these things, I'm very accepting of other religions (I have Muslim, atheist, Jewish, and Pastafarian friends).  I grew up in the south where everyone is predominantly Fundamentalist Baptist, which I despise because of all of the limited things and stuff.  I'm pretty much the opposite.  Well, that's my religion story.  Tell me yours and we'll all (hopefully) discuss this often violent topic peacefully.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Religion 2.0!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:05:31 pm »
Tell me yours and we'll all (hopefully) discuss this often violent topic peacefully.

Its a religion topic. It will never end peacefully. It'll always be a war just like religion is destined to keep causing.

No one can win.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 08:13:18 pm »
how positive.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 08:27:40 pm »
how positive.

Christians: My  Arceus  is read
Greeks: No my gods are real
Egyptians: No my gods are real
Vikings: No my gods are real
Aborigines: No my gods are real

You see the problem here is that different groups of people create gods based on animals around them, to explain the weather around them, sometimes to warn children or whatever (think Satan, Easter Bunny)

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:59:25 am »
I go to a Christian school yet I have no religion. I rest my case.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 01:05:12 am »

I don't get what case you have to rest.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 01:11:03 am »

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 01:13:05 am »
Christians: My  Arceus  is read
Greeks: No my gods are real
Egyptians: No my gods are real
Vikings: No my gods are real
Aborigines: No my gods are real

You see the problem here is that different groups of people create gods based on animals around them, to explain the weather around them, sometimes to warn children or whatever (think Satan, Easter Bunny)
did you just call Satan and the easter bunny gods

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 01:17:30 am »
did you just call Satan and the easter bunny gods

Children could consider them gods. Jesus made wine from water, and fed thousands with some fish and bread. Similarly, the easter bunny brings chocolate eggs yearly to kids, and Satan breaks into houses to gift kids with presents (or coal)

Its all about the gullibility of people, if you're stupid enough to believe it, then you'd consider it real.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »
Zob, leave that school immediately.  Just go to a public (or whatever you call it in England) school and learn.  In my previous (Christian) school, I didn't learn anything and they didn't even teach evolution or other religions.  It's a brainwashing system so leave.  I'm not saying that the religion is bad (like tene), I'm just saying that since it's not a publicly funded school, they can teach whatever they want, whether it be creationism, how to snort coke discreetly in public, or anything.  You'll learn better somewhere else.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 12:46:44 pm »
Zob, leave that school immediately.  Just go to a public (or whatever you call it in England) school and learn.  In my previous (Christian) school, I didn't learn anything and they didn't even teach evolution or other religions.  It's a brainwashing system so leave.  I'm not saying that the religion is bad (like tene), I'm just saying that since it's not a publicly funded school, they can teach whatever they want, whether it be creationism, how to snort coke discreetly in public, or anything.  You'll learn better somewhere else.
Excuse me, I AM in a Public school. Also, they don't JUST teach you about  Arceus  and blah blah. They teach you OTHER stuff aswell. So shut up and learn before you accuse me.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:28 pm »
Sorry.  I didn't know the term for American public schools in England, and what I meant was a state school.  I didn't mean to offend you and my school taught me about stuff besides religion too, but my quality of education was different when I was there (we call it a private school here).  During 5th grade (I think it's tenth year but I'm not sure), I decided to switch to public school (again, not the same public school as in England).  Immediately my quality of education rose and I realized my full potential.  Now I'm in 11th grade math at a 9th grade level, I'm taking 10th grade English, and I'm taking 10th grade Spanish.  It unlocked my creativity, intelligence, and love for learning.  I'm not trying to say that your school is bad or anything; I'm just saying that I had the same experience and when I left, I was better academically.
So here's a group hug.
  :grouphug:

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »
at least we all know scientology is real :3 ( how the fuck do they belive that shit xD)

GeoWhiz

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Unknown command. Press "1" for more options.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 07:03:54 pm »
I learned some of the stuff they don't teach in Christian schools, and I learned how to be a good christian and not to completely hide from society

1) The Christian scientist that went to my church said that almost ALL christians believe in microevolution, but not macroevultion. I gotta say though, ever seen a monkey turn into a human?

2) The Big Bang Theory can be ACCEPTED, if there's a christian base around it. Like that there's a  Arceus . It doesn't have to be shooed away.

And lots of other stuff, I'm glad to see someone actually looking into topics like that and actually thinking about both sides.
Current Gym Badges: Soul Badge, Earth Badge, Marsh Badge, & Thunder Badge
Current Power Level: 2682
Current Power Level Rank: 116
Current Gym Leader of Cinnabar

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »
I learned some of the stuff they don't teach in Christian schools, and I learned how to be a good christian and not to completely hide from society

1) The Christian scientist that went to my church said that almost ALL christians believe in microevolution, but not macroevultion. I gotta say though, ever seen a monkey turn into a human?

2) The Big Bang Theory can be ACCEPTED, if there's a christian base around it. Like that there's a Arceus. It doesn't have to be shooed away.

And lots of other stuff, I'm glad to see someone actually looking into topics like that and actually thinking about both sides.
First of all, was that a Christian Scientist (a sect/cult of Christianity that believes that sickness can be wished away and won't take care of dying kids that are sick), or a Christian scientist (a guy that does science)?  Second of all, microevolution is called that because it's micro.  It's a tiny picture of the big thing.  "Macroevolution" takes place over millions of years and there's substantial evidence for it.  For example, you share 99% of your DNA with dogs.  Creationism and "new earth" wasn't even considered as a fact before Darwin.  Some people just wanted to oppose a new belief so they started taking the creation myth as fact (it was a creation myth, just like many religions have, not having any base in reality).  I'm not saying that I don't believe anything, I'm just opposed to beliefs like evolution not existing.  My science teacher from the Christian school told us that evolution didn't exist, people weren't animals, and tons of other propaganda fed to her by the local church.  Sorry if this comes off as offensive, I've just seen a lot of evidence for what I think is right.