Author Topic: Admin Meetings[ALL]  (Read 9955 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Admin Meetings[ALL]
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:59 am »
A - Does this apply to the Champion?
B - I think this rule should be more flexible as people will be using their main team in Elite Battles and this rule seems to prevent them from improving their team at all.

A Yes, it does.
B In the games you have the one team for the whole elite run, and the elite have the same Pokémon for the whole run too. Although I see where you're coming from, elite challenges should be pre-arranged, seeing as there will be a forum for the current members to have their teams posted in. It wont be too hard to arrange a time to both be online at to battle. Admins are usually around.

Ad...

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 03:22:30 pm »
About the fossil thing, I got a root fossil as my third choice, after i realized on the donor rank list that lileep was unobtainable. Will the be an exception to this rule?

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »
A Yes, it does.
B In the games you have the one team for the whole elite run, and the elite have the same Pokémon for the whole run too. Although I see where you're coming from, elite challenges should be pre-arranged, seeing as there will be a forum for the current members to have their teams posted in. It wont be too hard to arrange a time to both be online at to battle. Admins are usually around.
I'm not overly concerned about Time Zones but are we able to change our teams slightly if we tell admins, I don't think you should stop us from levelling because then if you start with an awful team as an Elite, you'll always fail.

My point is that if you cannot level your Pokemon up once you're an Elite or Champion, You will eventually lose your spot - Because while you're forced to keep your Pokemon at the same level, any future challengers have all the time in the world to make their team bigger and better until they challenge and kick your ass. You need to consider that the Elites/Champion on this server aren't npc's they're real players with real lives and if you stop them from levelling their Pokemon, they're going to get bored and quit.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:42:44 pm by ArchieSalt »

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »
I'm not overly concerned about Time Zones but are we able to change our teams slightly if we tell admins, I don't think you should stop us from levelling because then if you start with an awful team as an Elite, you'll always fail.
i think you don't understand the rule exactly, you can't edit your team while someone is challenging, if there  is no challenge you can level and edit your team, you just have to keep the list that will be made updated, and stop leveling/changing pokemon during the challenge. The reason for this is the challenger uses the same team throughout their challenge it wouldn't be fair for you to change your regular team to try to counter theirs
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 04:47:43 pm »
It's like in the game the challenger picks the team they find best to compete against all elites and champs, since they know what pokemon they have, so your team will be publicly known and updated as you update your team,
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »
About the fossil thing, I got a root fossil as my third choice, after i realized on the donor rank list that lileep was unobtainable. Will the be an exception to this rule?

Shoulda checked before hand. Just wait for the update.

My point is that if you cannot level your Pokemon up once you're an Elite or Champion, You will eventually lose your spot - Because while you're forced to keep your Pokemon at the same level, any future challengers have all the time in the world to make their team bigger and better until they challenge and kick your ass. You need to consider that the Elites/Champion on this server aren't npc's they're real players with real lives and if you stop them from levelling their Pokemon, they're going to get bored and quit.

Basically what oddy said.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 09:05:10 am »
I was overhearing a fight on the server about mob drops and scamming.  Ish said that if you take the mob drops from a player who just killed a mob, it's scamming.  Is it scamming?
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 09:27:15 am »
I was overhearing a fight on the server about mob drops and scamming.  Ish said that if you take the mob drops from a player who just killed a mob, it's scamming.  Is it scamming?

Thats not even considered trading items, which means it can't fall under a scam.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 10:14:46 am »
Thanks for the clarification Oddy, It makes much more sense now.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:20 am »
Thanks for the clarification Oddy, It makes much more sense now.

Further clarification in the official thread too, should you need it.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 05:13:10 am »
All it does is require that you maintain your thread during the times that you train. The Modify option is quite useful.

And yes, the champion is one if the elites for all purposes stated here.

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »
the fact that people could just face roll kanto with 0 effort is quite stupid, I for one am excited to actually have to make some sort of effort.
Took effort to train the Pokémon, did it not?
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 08:08:31 pm »
In fact, most people didn't. They just caught some boss pokemon. *coughcough*honedge*coughcough*
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 06:30:37 am »
In fact, most people didn't. They just caught some boss pokemon. *coughcough*honedge*coughcough*
Totally. You guys know Rarity? She was a level 12 when I caught her. She is now about level 64.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 07:50:24 am »
Totally. You guys know Rarity? She was a level 12 when I caught her. She is now about level 64.