Author Topic: Got muted?  (Read 3842 times)

FateandDestiny1

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -17
  • Cleadon Leader, Pokefan.
Got muted?
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:10:38 pm »
I don't see one so I don't know the format sorry :(
I was muted for being annoying apparently after I was basically explaining where there is nothing wrong with being atheist or any other religion and Miosio took it the wrong way thinking that I discriminated against them. There are certain atheist groups around my state fighting against other religions such as Catholics etc. I was trying to get Mio and everyone else to understand that there is nothing wrong with believing or not believing in Arceus/Heaven/Hell. It's not our decision to decide anything for others and we should believe in only what we believe in. Being muted for being annoying seems like a good reason, yet ignoring the logic behind my words because of how annoying I presented it seems a little unfair, though I was okay with being muted, I didn't expect to be muted for longer than a day. If I was being annoying, you could've muted/kicked me with a warning instead of muting me for over a day. I can't judge what the Admins do because I myself am just a player on this server like everyone else, following all the rules. Like on the other thread, muting, banning, or kicking a player for an unfair reason without their say in the matter makes them see as the admins being unfair causing them stess (maybe not stress but anger or selfishness) and leading them to do things such as spam and being a problem to everyone else on the server. I hope you'll lend me your ears and read this mute appeal.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:12:41 pm by FateandDestiny1 »
- one of the three people who got all kanto badges before reaching over 250 stats in a combat level.
- Blackthorn leader.
- saw duck look at Tene's panties lol.

Ad...

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
Re: Got muted?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:28:44 pm »

Regardless of what your beliefs, mio's beliefs, or anyone else's, just don't bring it up. You may have the freedom of speech to talk about whatever you want and voice your own opinion, but this is a server and /mute was used to quiet people. So, a good thing to remember is not to talk about religion. Not even trying to convert or say mine is better than yours. Just keep religion as minimal of a subject as possible. Except where people have an open discussion about it. A.k.a Religion 2.0 topic.

I never bring up politics or religion when talking to anyone, it is a sensitive topic.

I think a mute was worth it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:34:46 pm by AxZeroCrypt »
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:55:48 pm »
The three things you never want to see being made are religions, laws, and sausage.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:00:07 pm »
you never want to see laws and sausage.

But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

FateandDestiny1

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »
Regardless of what your beliefs, mio's beliefs, or anyone else's, just don't bring it up. You may have the freedom of speech to talk about whatever you want and voice your own opinion, but this is a server and /mute was used to quiet people. So, a good thing to remember is not to talk about religion. Not even trying to convert or say mine is better than yours. Just keep religion as minimal of a subject as possible. Except where people have an open discussion about it. A.k.a Religion 2.0 topic.

I never bring up politics or religion when talking to anyone, it is a sensitive topic.

I think a mute was worth it.
1. I've never spoken about converting anyone.
2. Once a person starts a topic on religion, you need to give your own feedback in a way that won't harm others. There is no use of the freedom of speech here since everyone is only speaking what is on their minds.
3. You can't really keep quiet when someone tells you that you're discriminating a person/group and you'll want to correct that person whether he/she is a person of higher power than you or not.
4. I wasn't the one who brang it up. Stuff brought it up letting me add my comment making Mio continue it this leading to Mio muting me.
- one of the three people who got all kanto badges before reaching over 250 stats in a combat level.
- Blackthorn leader.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 12:05:39 am »
1. I've never spoken about converting anyone.
2. Once a person starts a topic on religion, you need to give your own feedback in a way that won't harm others. There is no use of the freedom of speech here since everyone is only speaking what is on their minds.
3. You can't really keep quiet when someone tells you that you're discriminating a person/group and you'll want to correct that person whether he/she is a person of higher power than you or not.
4. I wasn't the one who brang it up. Stuff brought it up letting me add my comment making Mio continue it this leading to Mio muting me.
Rebutting on your 4 points:
1. I never said you did, i didn't make it clear, but I meant to everyone. Don't brag or try to convert from one to the other, I never said you did.

2. You really, don't need to give any feedback period. You may want to give feedback, but sometimes what you think you say, doesn't harm others. Sometimes it does and you may not have understood it. There is no use of freedom of speech on this server as there are people from many other countries. If you speak what is on your mind, then it wouldn't have gotten this far. Going in depth and causing Mio to mute you is what you did.

3. You can keep quiet to yourself, or better yet, stop talking about the subject right then and there. Taking the role of an anarchist and saying "it is good to show some higher up that they are wrong" doesn't do you any good. Trying to prove you're correct to a higher up, and them muting you, shows you that, people in power, use their power. If you are annoying her by your comments and 'correction', wouldn't it be obvious why people get muted?

4. There is Law, and there is justice. You are on the receiving end of Law. I wasn't on, but I'm assuming that you made more points to Mio, making you the obvious target. Stuff may have brought it up, but you provided the points that caused Mio to mute you.

Conclusion tl;dr
  • Stuff brought it up
  • Fate made it worse
  • Fate got muted

I rest my case

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:07:54 am by AxZeroCrypt »

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:10:16 am »
yet ignoring the logic behind my words because of how annoying I presented it seems a little unfair
The masses of the internet understand presentation. Present it good, and the logical understanding could come later.

I also wanted to add some research i did on Atheism and Agnosticism.

Atheism is the rejection of belief in any deity.

Agnostic Atheism is when you don't believe there is a deity, but you don't know if there is or isn't.

If you want some sources, just ask.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:16:49 am by AxZeroCrypt »

FateandDestiny1

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:26:26 am »
Rebutting on your 4 points:
1. I never said you did, i didn't make it clear, but I meant to everyone. Don't brag or try to convert from one to the other, I never said you did.

2. You really, don't need to give any feedback period. You may want to give feedback, but sometimes what you think you say, doesn't harm others. Sometimes it does and you may not have understood it. There is no use of freedom of speech on this server as there are people from many other countries. If you speak what is on your mind, then it wouldn't have gotten this far. Going in depth and causing Mio to mute you is what you did.

3. You can keep quiet to yourself, or better yet, stop talking about the subject right then and there. Taking the role of an anarchist and saying "it is good to show some higher up that they are wrong" doesn't do you any good. Trying to prove you're correct to a higher up, and them muting you, shows you that, people in power, use their power. If you are annoying her by your comments and 'correction', wouldn't it be obvious why people get muted?

4. There is Law, and there is justice. You are on the receiving end of Law. I wasn't on, but I'm assuming that you made more points to Mio, making you the obvious target. Stuff may have brought it up, but you provided the points that caused Mio to mute you.

Conclusion tl;dr
  • Stuff brought it up
  • Fate made it worse
  • Fate got muted

I rest my case

And now I will rebut your 4 points.
1. If it's not related to this appeal, why even add it if it's you're just going to tell me something  that I didn't do but you want to remark to everyone?
2.It hasn't harmed anyone and rather only annoyed Mio. There's a difference between being harmed and being annoyed. If you feel like yore being harmed by my words, you should come out and say it. Saying that I'm discriminating others is like pouring oil on fire making me want to defend my pride itself and if you are offended in any way, you should tell me instead of telling me that I'm discriminating others.
3.Me acting like an anarchist doesn't give me any power and I know that. But when I'm referred to as a discriminating person, I will not stop. The person with higher power will ban/kick/mute me all they want but not allowing me to even speak my mind to correct them for saying I'm discriminating others will make me burst which makes me want to speak. You may have the power to control yourself but I'm not staying quiet after a remark like that.
4. Stuff brought it up. I commented on it. Mio wanted me to leave for "discriminating" atheist people although I gave her reason that I wasn't discriminating but acknowledging them with religion and she even remarked that I was annoying and that she even ignored logic.

- Blackthorn leader.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 12:33:36 am »
I feel like merging this with the Religion 2.0 thread.

FateandDestiny1

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 12:35:09 am »
This is a mute appeal though... :c
- Blackthorn leader.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 12:35:10 am »
That won't be necessary yet.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:38 am »

Ok so I am confused on who is the Atheist and who believes in something else. Can you clear that up for me?

Back to the points again...

1. I am not remarking everyone, nor am I singling you out for doing something you haven't done. My comment was directed to you, and everyone who sees it. Religion is a delicate topic to just start a conversation with. I meant it as something to learn, not to say you did. So, the reason i added it was just to tell you and others.

2. I haven't said you have discriminated others. You are right that harm and annoyed are different things. Harm comes with harsher consequences, and annoyance comes with quick decisions. I have no proof of anything you said, or what mio said. Some screenshots would help, but i will go on without them. Honestly, as a person that doesn't have time for religion or atheism, I can't see how pride has anything to do with it. And honestly, your pride on the internet is the most replaceable thing. Put it down and just stop. If someone on the internet is making a mockery out of your faith or belief, just leave. When you leave, no one can continue. You can keep your "pride" and they don't have anything else to say.

3. I can see why being called such a name will make you want to argue why you aren't, I understand that. Being called a discriminatory person is vague sometimes. If you look back at what you said to Mio, and see something that could have made her call you that, then that is what she must of assumed. Right now, all you need to do is to let it go. Think of it as a miss-communication between you two. I know it is hard to just let it slide, but she is of higher power, and if she doesn't view the story like you do, she'll take the action she wants to take.

4. Stuff brought it up is a fact that we established, it doesn't put any blame whatsoever on him. At anything, he is the most innocent of you all. Just remember, when one belief goes against another belief, there is never an agreement. There is never an understanding that the opposition is better. In debates or arguments, people will keep putting points down until one side has enough backing by the people to overpower the other.

To me Stuff is innocent and out of the question here. Fate, if you could apologize, or try and look at it from her perspective, you may understand why she did, what she did. I'm not saying apologize is the first thing, but if you find it in yourself to put down your pride, and stop this before Mio joins in, the whole situation could end well.

FateandDestiny1

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 01:06:16 am »
No one was atheist during this argument. Stuff just made a remark in atheist people.
1. If you wanted to add this "comment" there is the Religion thread for you and you've added an irrelevant component that doesn't belong in this appeal and should've kept it to yourself like you just said in your earlier statement.
2. My pride is in my beliefs or life's goals which are to not let anyone tell you you're wrong when you are absolutely sure that you're correct. Mio's assumptions of me discriminating against atheist people were soon to be eliminated until she ended up ignoring the facts that I've added and ended up muting me.
3. It's found in statement 2 as well.
4. I didn't mean to blame Stuff, but I did add him into this conversation because he was start of why I started speaking about atheist people. He is indeed the most innocent person here. Speaking about debates, it was also about whether Mio would want to listen to the story or not. And that ended up wrong. Her incorrect understanding of the situation would've easily been solved if she didn't mute me and saw what I wrote.

I would most definitely apologize to Mio. Viewing from her perspective shows me that she's been through these types of discriminations and has dealt with it before. Only it was this time that she didn't want to listen to the defendant's (me) words and wanted to mute me right away.
- Blackthorn leader.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 01:13:12 am »
I would most definitely apologize to Mio. Viewing from her perspective shows me that she's been through these types of discriminations and has dealt with it before. Only it was this time that she didn't want to listen to the defendant's (me) words and wanted to mute me right away.
That happens, some people just don't want to listen. I won't take sides anymore nor argue. I hope this issue gets resolved soon :)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 02:22:21 am »
So, 7 days mute :3