Poll

Do it?

Yes
No

Author Topic: We're going to reset McMMo  (Read 41574 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
We're going to reset McMMo
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:31:24 pm »
And You're going to like it.

:roflmao:

Prod Compromise.

1. Stats get reset
2. Admins adjust config so it is easier to level up
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:36:17 pm by 1cec0ld »

Ad...

Ichikunjii

• Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: 3
Re: We're going to reset McMMo
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:33:36 pm »
Yes fair for newbies and would be fun it would be like king of the hill.

EDIT: KIng of the hill as in who keeps the first page on MCTOP :3
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:37:08 pm by Ichikunjii »
[url

Ichikunjii

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:54:26 pm »
Fuuuu screw you guys. :/ Not pro enough to get your own stats again.
[url

B_rock18

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: -3
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »
No reset is the way to go. If you don't like how much stronger people are than you, all you have to do is train. I joined and within three weeks have already been known as a major pvper and have aquired all 8 Kanto gym badges. If newbies want to get good on this server, they will. If you think resetting the stats will make it even for everyone, think again. It will still be all of the old players who will win in pvp. They will still have full diamond armour and weapons with all of the best enchantments. Resetting everyone's stats will just make it so no one will even have a chance at beating them. So how would that be fair? And I can almost guarantee that the same people will be on mctop if there is a reset. The people who work hard for their stats will be the ones that have the high stats. With a reset, nothing will change. Lazy noobs would still complain about how strong everyone is compared to them and they still wouldn't do anything about it. Those kind of people would just want a reset so that, for a couple of days, they will be on the same stats level as everyone. In the end, reset or no reset, things will stay the same. It is just that if there is a reset, it wastes many hours for everything to get how it was, and it jeopordizes the loyalty of the players to stay on the server.

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »
But what about gym leaders? Wouldn't it be easy for people to beat gym leaders if this happens? Or would it be a race to see who gets gym leader positions first?
As for being fair to newbies, there will always be newbies on the server, and newbies can train stats anyway. If we reset stats because of newbies, we would probably have to do constant resets.

B_rock18

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »
Also, as always, we should have the opportunity to post a screen shot of our stats that are now rolled back so that they can be edited back to how they were. 10 days may not seem like a lot for people, but in my case, that was half of the time that I was on the server and a huge chunk of my stats (and time) are now gone. I'm sure everyone would appreciate if this was a possibility.

Ichikunjii

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »
Besides, there are many reasons, there were the cheap stat adds from some admins. NOT EVERYONE has fully enchanted shit. Besides MCTOP all you see are old players from like what 7 months ago still on the 1-3 pages. It would be nice to see new names and faces actually taking up that area. And besides it's not impossible to gain stats. Basically, if your lazy your lazy and won't go up if you are willing to take a challenge and train you go up. That was my return. I was at 0 everyone still had their old stats, I never needed PvP except for elite battles and I haven't gave 1 shit about losing stats unless I was like gym leader and needed them for that reason.
[url

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:56 pm »
But what about gym leaders? Wouldn't it be easy for people to beat gym leaders if this happens? Or would it be a race to see who gets gym leader positions first?
As for being fair to newbies, there will always be newbies on the server, and newbies can train stats anyway. If we reset stats because of newbies, we would probably have to do constant resets.

This goes for Elites also.

B_rock18

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 09:33:26 pm »
Ichi, you are basically agreeing with me. It is not impossible to get high mcstats, you just have to work hard. And yes, the lazy people will still stay at the bottom of the list. Resetting the stats would just make it more of a hastle for those hard workers to get to the stats they were at previously.

Ichikunjii

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:38 pm »
You know, I don't understand why not. Once you get high mcstats, it won't be fun. You'll be the guy in Mortar killing 1000 mobs for one level. And no one wants that. :P but oh well. I don't mind anymore. What ever happens happens
[url

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »
If youre gonna do it at least listen to the Prod Compromise.

1. Stats get reset
2. Admins adjust config so it is easier to level up
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 10:35:02 pm »

This goes for Elites also.

Ok I have to address this first.
If you suck at pvp and have coasted on your stats, then you don't DESERVE to be Elite. Not to mention the items and enchantments that I'm sure they all have.
Gym leaders will for a short while be easier to beat, but again, at those low levels, there never was much of a gain from mcmmo. You don't see unarmed help you until 250.
In addition, Johto will be affected by this as well, so those will be easier to beat.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
Also, as always You've only been here 3 weeks, you have no idea how often we allow scrnshots, we should have the opportunity to post a screen shot of our stats that are now rolled back so that they can be edited back to how they were. 10 days may not seem like a lot for people, but in my case, that was half of the time that I was on the server and a huge chunk of my stats (and time) are now gone. I'm sure everyone would appreciate if this was a possibility.

The reset would also solve some of this.

Why do you need your stats from 10 days? So you can continue catching up to people decades ahead of you?
What if you don't have a screenshot? What makes you better than the unfortunate people who were here 9 days and have no screenshot? But if EVERYONE gets reset, no one needs any screenshots.

B_rock18

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »
I don't see how being here 9 versus 10 days makes any difference. I took the screen shot today. Another way to have gone about doing this would be to warn people that there is a reset so that everyone could take screen shots and there would be no "unfortunate people". And yes, the stats from 10 days are to help catch up to those who are "decades ahead".

Ichikunjii

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »
Your good at PvP so you don't really need the stats UBERLY. You said your strong not a lazy newb. Then go work for your stats like you did before the roll back.
[url