Poll

Do it?

Yes
No

Author Topic: We're going to reset McMMo  (Read 41643 times)

B_rock18

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: -3
Re: We're going to reset McMMo
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 11:32:24 pm »
I still don't like the idea of a reset. :P

Ad...

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:32 am »
I vote YES TO RESET!!!

1ce your vote should count as 10 :P

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 12:46:37 am »
All we would do is delete the mcmmo.users file. No permissions, no essentials, no bank, no world, no other changes. Done.
We may have to lower the requirement for gym leaders if too many quit, but that's a reaction, not a plan.

liquidfired

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Unregistered Member (Error 114: Needs Activation)
    • Liquidfired's Channel of Awesomeness
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 01:26:25 am »
I think this is good for the server. We all get a fresh start.

To people who wasted hours training: Sorry for your lost bro, now its time to go outside and see freshair :D

Ichikunjii

• Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 01:36:38 am »
Agree completely with Liquid. I mean it's not fun when you level like after 1,000,000 blocks for excavation and what not.

Or killing 100,000 mobs to go up one level.

And who wouldn't want a simple E4/Gym battle?
[url

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 02:27:00 am »
Agree completely with Liquid. I mean it's not fun when you level like after 1,000,000 blocks for excavation and what not.

Or killing 100,000 mobs to go up one level.

And who wouldn't want a simple E4/Gym battle?

Nightroado

• Friendliness: 1015
  • Legendary
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 02:31:13 am »
I for one support a reset.  I want to have a "Great Arms Race" with the other heavy hitters of the server to compete for that number one slot in /mctop.

I think it would increase server activity for a while as we all scramble to get our numbers up.  The newer peeps of the server would feel more encouraged as well to stay and compete.  Now there are a number of you above me in mctop, but only less than 20.  I have/had a power-level nearing 4000 when the reset occurred.  I am willing to sacrifice all that hard work and start from scratch to have some fun.

And anyone who isn't is clearly scared of having their ass handed to them.
-nods-
[url

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 04:15:36 am »
No reset is the way to go. If you don't like how much stronger people are than you, all you have to do is train. I joined and within three weeks have already been known as a major pvper and have aquired all 8 Kanto gym badges. If newbies want to get good on this server, they will. If you think resetting the stats will make it even for everyone, think again. It will still be all of the old players who will win in pvp. They will still have full diamond armour and weapons with all of the best enchantments. Resetting everyone's stats will just make it so no one will even have a chance at beating them. So how would that be fair? And I can almost guarantee that the same people will be on mctop if there is a reset. The people who work hard for their stats will be the ones that have the high stats. With a reset, nothing will change. Lazy noobs would still complain about how strong everyone is compared to them and they still wouldn't do anything about it. Those kind of people would just want a reset so that, for a couple of days, they will be on the same stats level as everyone. In the end, reset or no reset, things will stay the same. It is just that if there is a reset, it wastes many hours for everything to get how it was, and it jeopordizes the loyalty of the players to stay on the server.

Ive seen your pvping, you just stay in safezone and steal kills when the time is right.

No stat reset please, just work hard, and youll get there, I didnt spent all this time training for a reset :/
[url

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:44 am »
Can I at least get a small compensation is were resetting?
[url

megaaquachicken

• Saffron Leader
  • Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: 2
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 04:28:29 am »
Will all gym leaders be kicked or what????

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 04:33:44 am »
No reset is the way to go. If you don't like how much stronger people are than you, all you have to do is train. I joined and within three weeks have already been known as a major pvper and have aquired all 8 Kanto gym badges. If newbies want to get good on this server, they will. If you think resetting the stats will make it even for everyone, think again. It will still be all of the old players who will win in pvp. They will still have full diamond armour and weapons with all of the best enchantments. Resetting everyone's stats will just make it so no one will even have a chance at beating them. So how would that be fair? And I can almost guarantee that the same people will be on mctop if there is a reset. The people who work hard for their stats will be the ones that have the high stats. With a reset, nothing will change. Lazy noobs would still complain about how strong everyone is compared to them and they still wouldn't do anything about it. Those kind of people would just want a reset so that, for a couple of days, they will be on the same stats level as everyone. In the end, reset or no reset, things will stay the same. It is just that if there is a reset, it wastes many hours for everything to get how it was, and it jeopordizes the loyalty of the players to stay on the server.
Besides, there are many reasons, there were the cheap stat adds from some admins. NOT EVERYONE has fully enchanted shit. Besides MCTOP all you see are old players from like what 7 months ago still on the 1-3 pages. It would be nice to see new names and faces actually taking up that area. And besides it's not impossible to gain stats. Basically, if your lazy your lazy and won't go up if you are willing to take a challenge and train you go up. That was my return. I was at 0 everyone still had their old stats, I never needed PvP except for elite battles and I haven't gave 1 shit about losing stats unless I was like gym leader and needed them for that reason.
Your good at PvP so you don't really need the stats UBERLY. You said your strong not a lazy newb. Then go work for your stats like you did before the roll back.

To people who wasted hours training: Sorry for your lost bro, now its time to go outside and see freshair :D

Okay so fuck you people. The reasons we should roll back is because the people who've been here for a year are stronger then you? Ever play any online game ever? Theres a fucking point they invested so much time and effort to BE BETTER THEN YOU. To wipe it is a insult and spit in the face of our players. I am against it every way possible. Or because admins have enchanted armor so somehow we cheated our stats?News Flash I had every combat related stats 750+ and acrobatics 1k before enchants ever came out. Shit we didnt even have a full elite 4 when I had those stats back in the Start. A Fresh start? Yea for those willing to put up with this again. If I was still a player I wouldnt have stayed after the first few. To put our longest players threw the grinder so the noobs feel better about themselves? No, Fucking moronic.

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 04:36:17 am »
Honestly if that's the case I say a entire fresh start, Chest wipes, Houses taken. The ENTIRE shabang. Why stop there you want to even the fields? Champ and elite loose spots, Gyms wiped and redone. No more leaders make them all restart and lvl to make the qualifications. Lets just shut it all down jus for the sakes of it.

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 05:03:53 am »
Besides, there are many reasons, there were the cheap stat adds from some admins. NOT EVERYONE has fully enchanted shit. Besides MCTOP all you see are old players from like what 7 months ago still on the 1-3 pages. It would be nice to see new names and faces actually taking up that area. And besides it's not impossible to gain stats. Basically, if your lazy your lazy and won't go up if you are willing to take a challenge and train you go up. That was my return. I was at 0 everyone still had their old stats, I never needed PvP except for elite battles and I haven't gave 1 shit about losing stats unless I was like gym leader and needed them for that reason.
Your good at PvP so you don't really need the stats UBERLY. You said your strong not a lazy newb. Then go work for your stats like you did before the roll back.

Okay so fuck you people. The reasons we should roll back is because the people who've been here for a year are stronger then you? Ever play any online game ever? Theres a fucking point they invested so much time and effort to BE BETTER THEN YOU. To wipe it is a insult and spit in the face of our players. I am against it every way possible. Or because admins have enchanted armor so somehow we cheated our stats?News Flash I had every combat related stats 750+ and acrobatics 1k before enchants ever came out. Shit we didnt even have a full elite 4 when I had those stats back in the Start. A Fresh start? Yea for those willing to put up with this again. If I was still a player I wouldnt have stayed after the first few. To put our longest players threw the grinder so the noobs feel better about themselves? No, Fucking moronic.

Agreed

They reason that the older users have higher stats is because they trained for them and that is completely fair. That fact that all these new users are complaining about the older ones for having higher stats than them is stupid. If they actually bothered training a bit like everyone else they would be that strong.
And for all the people complaining about Gym Leaders being too strong well.........Gym Leaders are meant to be hard to beat! That's the whole point of them! It's meant to be a challenge!
And just putting it out there. I'm not against this just because I may have really high stats and don't want to loose them. My stats are terrible but I'm really against this and think it's wrong! :mad:

There's my little rage :P
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Ahmed

• Dragon Tamer
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 8
  • Look into my eyes!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 05:21:54 am »
Don't like the idea sorry. Manyof us have trained very hard to where we are now. Also newbies complaining about how hard it is to level up Stop your complaining and get on with it already.

galSrKn

• Cool Trainer
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -13
  • Owner of the rare Enchanted Sword.
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 06:10:21 am »
Honestly if that's the case I say a entire fresh start, Chest wipes, Houses taken. The ENTIRE shabang. Why stop there you want to even the fields? Champ and elite loose spots, Gyms wiped and redone. No more leaders make them all restart and lvl to make the qualifications. Lets just shut it all down jus for the sakes of it.
HELLO NO. We all worked hard on stats and items and even balance. Why reset it all? Zombie i think your right. If its because new players will feel better then...... And when i joined server people were strong as boss. And i trained stats and Im strong and can fight them. IF they want to feel better they should go train like everyone did.