Author Topic: Your real emotions and your online emotions  (Read 2882 times)

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
Your real emotions and your online emotions
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:05:35 am »
I'm not sure if it was brought up before, (sorry if it has been repeated somewhere before, though).

When you have some kind of strong emotion going on in your real lives, how much of it, would you say, affects the impressions you leave or the feelings you give off when you post online?

If something really exciting or wondrous happens, for instance, how much of that affects you while you're speaking online, and in what way?

And if something really, really, really bad happens, how many of you let those emotions bleed onto your online selves, and how many of you try to cover it up? Especially so, if you were in a bad mood or depressed about something, but you're surrounded by others who are bright, cheery and generally having good days (such as, say, here), does that hold any impact of how much you want to hide the fact you're breaking from the inside?

I guess I was curious of this while reading some of the responses along this type of subject on other topics. In a way I was also hoping for advice on what's the best way to deal with a bad emotion when you want to try to cheer up while everyone's in good spirits, even when your mask is badly cracked...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:08:56 am by Ali_Abdi »

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Your real emotions and your online emotions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:56:16 am »
Very interesting, and totally valid, considering how much of our lives is spent online compared to 10 or 15 years ago. I guess it depends on the person attitude to how they handle certain situations. Some people are great at bottling up feelings, others will tell almost anyone.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:27:58 am »
I don't try to post my anger. I work it out with my online friends, and usally they understand.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:30:24 am »
I don't try to post my anger. I work it out with my online friends, and usally they understand.
Sometimes I guess it just comes across that way :p

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:40:03 am »
Sometimes I guess it just comes across that way :p

Tene, know this:

Yes, sometimes my comments may seem I'm angry, but no, I'm not really. Anything I post that seems angry is just annoyance. I'm not really mad any anyone. Like your comments about Unova betting Hoenn; I posted back in annoyance, as you were trolling me.

Again, I get my anger out with the help of friends.

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 05:35:35 pm »
I'm not good at this kind of thing
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:17 pm »
1. If something really exciting or wondrous happens, for instance,

2. And if something really, really, really bad happens, how many of you let those emotions bleed onto your online selves, and how many of you try to cover it up? Especially so, if you were in a bad mood or depressed about something, but you're surrounded by others who are bright, cheery and generally having good days (such as, say, here), does that hold any impact of how much you want to hide the fact you're breaking from the inside?

3. I guess I was curious of this while reading some of the responses along this type of subject on other topics. In a way I was also hoping for advice on what's the best way to deal with a bad emotion when you want to try to cheer up while everyone's in good spirits, even when your mask is badly cracked...

1. I don't remember the last time this was actually true. I tend to forget them, or their causes quickly.

2. This is why I am usually an impartial robot on the forums. Whatever emotion that bleeds into that was directly caused by the post or Pokemon server related trigger, not my real life events.

3. You have 3 options. Show the truth, show nothing, or show a lie.
Don't show a lie. In your case, most people probably know you well enough to know it or suspect it.
Whic is also why I only let my real life events get shared with people I trust on the server, because I don't expect them to judge me as harshly, or if it is their job to judge me and keep me in check, they understand outside influences.

Unconsciously, I may let my current mood sway me more quickly in one direction or another. But any action I take is usually only triggered by the server. Only the magnitude of the sway is dependent on my life.

#endRant

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 08:27:42 am »
Well Online i try to be nice as much as i can

But When im not online i can be sometimes really depressed

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:49 pm »
Well Online i try to be nice as much as i can

But When im not online i can be sometimes really depressed

^^^^
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

zekrom74

• Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: -9
  • wth is going on? ._.
    • www.falsewebsite.co.uk.sg.net@gmail.com/http://legithacks(legittothemax)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 05:32:39 am »
I like trolling people into thinking that I'm angry. :p