Author Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate  (Read 8480 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« on: February 13, 2015, 05:58:29 am »
Just a thread to discuss the game, organise hunts, and all that.

Ad...

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:45:11 pm »
Did you start with Experienced player, Tene? Also it might be a good idea to keep track what difficulties people have throughout the players of the server so we know who we can multiplayer with.
Btw, I'll be getting MH4U soon for my birthday.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »
Did you start with Experienced player, Tene? Also it might be a good idea to keep track what difficulties people have throughout the players of the server so we know who we can multiplayer with.
Btw, I'll be getting MH4U soon for my birthday.

I get the game in 3 hours. Full game doesn't have different difficulty modes (fortunately) so the only difficulties we'll have with multiplayer is your actual ability to fight the monsters. Might be a good idea to keep track of what weapons everyone likes to use though. Whens your birthday? :P

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:01:35 pm »
Looking forward to this. I hope im not a noob lol.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »
Reminder that anyone who gets the game before March15 can download a starter item pack, which will be extremely useful to newbs, and a nice starting supply for the veterans.

Details: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2015/02/12/mh4u-starter-pack-free-items-and-a-super-surprise

Now the big question: Mario or Luigi?

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 03:44:34 pm »
I get the game in 3 hours. Full game doesn't have different difficulty modes (fortunately) so the only difficulties we'll have with multiplayer is your actual ability to fight the monsters. Might be a good idea to keep track of what weapons everyone likes to use though. Whens your birthday? :P

My birthday is the 22nd this month, but I might receive the game earlier or later (because of the actual party where I receive gifts). And it's going to be nice to have one singular difficulty mode. I think the intro "finding-out-what-you-like-as-a-weapon" quest will be to me.

Reminder that anyone who gets the game before March15 can download a starter item pack, which will be extremely useful to newbs, and a nice starting supply for the veterans.

Details: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2015/02/12/mh4u-starter-pack-free-items-and-a-super-surprise

Now the big question: Mario or Luigi?

That is a nice pack for me > :)

I might buy a new 3ds xl, but I'm not sure yet. My grandmother gave me 100 dollars, and my mother found a pink 3dsxl that I will not be likely using, and doing the GameStop deal where they will give you 100 dollars towards a new 3ds (xl). Then I have to deal with the other fourty-ish dollars. But yet again, I might buy it for myself for my birthday. The MH4U version looks so cool! :D. I know here in America, the Zelda "new" 3DS XL ran out so quickly. My friend ordered two of them, and ended up buying the exact version at Target earlier. About thirty minutes after he bought it at Target, the store sold out. So he'll use one and sell the other two for $450+.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:47:27 pm by tymac »
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 07:10:53 pm »
My birthday is the 22nd this month, but I might receive the game earlier or later (because of the actual party where I receive gifts). And it's going to be nice to have one singular difficulty mode. I think the intro "finding-out-what-you-like-as-a-weapon" quest will be to me.

That is a nice pack for me > :)

I might buy a new 3ds xl, but I'm not sure yet. My grandmother gave me 100 dollars, and my mother found a pink 3dsxl that I will not be likely using, and doing the GameStop deal where they will give you 100 dollars towards a new 3ds (xl). Then I have to deal with the other fourty-ish dollars. But yet again, I might buy it for myself for my birthday. The MH4U version looks so cool! :D. I know here in America, the Zelda "new" 3DS XL ran out so quickly. My friend ordered two of them, and ended up buying the exact version at Target earlier. About thirty minutes after he bought it at Target, the store sold out. So he'll use one and sell the other two for $450+.

Ah, well thats not too long to wait.

Indeed, the pack is amazing.

And the game looks so good on the N3DS, not to mention its far easier to play with full 3D now.

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 10:49:52 am »
just got MH4U :>

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 03:27:03 pm »
Any tips like best weapons, equipment, armor, etc?

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 09:52:57 pm »
just got MH4U :>

Oooh nice, you can come and join Hobo and I on our quests.

Any tips like best weapons, equipment, armor, etc?

Since you've just started, there's no best armour or weapons. Play through the 1* weapon tutorials and find a weapon or two you like, and stick with it. Different weapons will be more effective against different monsters. See what seems to work best for you. As for armour, don't go making new armour each time you unlock a new piece. Make complete sets. A good beginner set is the Jaggi armour.

Reddit is also a good source of information. The community is very friendly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:56:30 pm by tenebraemaximus »

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:16:34 am »
Thanks Tene, so far I've tried out the Lance, SnS, Insect glaive and Duel Blades. I've done a bunch of 2* quests but I still don't know which one suits me. I read that some weapons are best used in G rank since most of the upgrades and stuff are there or they might just be a bit complicated for beginners. And I really hate that weapons lose sharpness so much so i keep having to get away from the monster to sharpen them but the monster always comes for me when i'm sharpening then I lose quite a bit of health from that. Any tips for that? c:

MrHeartGold

• I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:07 am »
Tried the charge blade after seeing Gaijin hunters vid on it and i'm loving it so far, you can attack with speed and power which is great.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 09:05:47 am »
Thanks Tene, so far I've tried out the Lance, SnS, Insect glaive and Duel Blades. I've done a bunch of 2* quests but I still don't know which one suits me. I read that some weapons are best used in G rank since most of the upgrades and stuff are there or they might just be a bit complicated for beginners. And I really hate that weapons lose sharpness so much so i keep having to get away from the monster to sharpen them but the monster always comes for me when i'm sharpening then I lose quite a bit of health from that. Any tips for that? c:

If you keep getting hit while sharpening/healing or whatever, move to a different area and do it. Eventually you'll learn the monster patterns and that won't be an issue anymore.

About certain weapons in g-rank, those are only for specific play styles. The whole game is solo-able with any weapon.

As for weapon upgrades, insect glaive has the most complicated upgrade path, but also one of the shortest. Some weapons you won't have the chance to upgrade until you hit higher ranks.

Tried the charge blade after seeing Gaijin hunters vid on it and i'm loving it so far, you can attack with speed and power which is great.

Mmmm charge blade is a fun weapon. It can do a bit of everything almost. And gaijinhinter is probably one of the best places to look for hints and tips.

Honedge

• Fighting Misty
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 09:20:30 am »
Just got MH4U.  I'm a total noob and was wondering, what seems to be the best soloing weapon?  I haz no one to play with and typically go on hunts alone.