Author Topic: keeping Gym leaders active.  (Read 2786 times)

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
keeping Gym leaders active.
« on: November 28, 2015, 06:07:33 pm »

One thing that I see among some Gym leaders and even some elite members doing is just logging off and waiting for their time to nearly expire and then quick join to save their position.  This bothers me since why do you want the position anyways if you don't wanna do the work and accept challangers? I think I have a few ideas on how to handle this.

1. restrict the wait time - instead of having it be 3 days, make so that they have to log on at least once a day.

2. add a minimun stay time - make it so that you have to stay on for so many minutes before it counts you as active. 10, 15 20, or even 30 mintues if you want. just long enough so a challenger can get through the gym while the leader is on.

3. time requirement - if 1 and 2 don't sound good, try this one. how about the leaders and elites have to have a total play time of at least x minutes within every 3 day period to keep their position. for example. let's say that the leader has to stay on for at least 1 hour every 3 days. they could stay on 20 minutes a day, short 5 minutes bursts over the days, or even the whole hour in one sitting. this makes it show that they are active and willing.

If any of these are possible, consider giving then a thought. (The away excuse form should still be included)

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

Ad...

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
Re: keeping Gym leaders active.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:59:43 am »
I don't like the idea of this happening, but the system the server has already works.  In the past there were problems with this, and the people who frequently did it had their positions revoked.  The only system to counteract it that makes sense is the minimum play time.  However to add that feature the server would have to create a new pluggin, which would be a pain in the ass.  If you see this happening I suggest you should just take screenshots, and report it to the admins.  They will take care of it one way or another if you do.