Author Topic: Quick logging to keep ranks?  (Read 3352 times)

jibbyfunk

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: -6
Quick logging to keep ranks?
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »
I suspect that most of the Elite 4 members of our pixelmon server are quick logging, logging on for only a few moments then logging off before others can acknowledge their presence, just so they can keep their rank. Other than LFClaird, I have not seen any of the Elites on in months who I used to see all the time for hours at a time. Sure they may be busy and can't play often, or their schedule is different from mine, or maybe they just got bored of the server, but this is ridiculous. I have been trying to go for Elite for a long time, but nobody is ever online. I have spoken to many people about this and nobody I have talked to seems to have seen them on at all recently.

I have evidence of one Jeffro826 doing this, though it may not be all the time (screenshot somewhere). He logged on for less than 2 seconds before logging off and switching over to the PvP server, where he stayed for a decent while.

I know that anyone who has access to the server logs can see when anybody says or does anything and when/if they log on/off. So I ask the admins politely with no demand that you please watch for this. It is up to you what you do, but I would like to suggest one thing. I personally think that if the player isn't online for a certain amount of time each visit, maybe 10 minutes or so, they should be demoted or at least given a warning the first 2 or 3 times. If I am wrong about this, I will lock the post and we can move on, but I would very much appreciate somebody looking in to this.

Ad...

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
Re: Quick logging to keep ranks?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »
Sadly, this has always been a problem. I don't know if it's possible, but somehow we can make it so that if the're not on for 5 minutes between the 3 day period they will be off for 3 days.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:22:55 pm »
You sure that wasn't because his pixelmon was outdated...?

SnibletheNarwhal

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:41:47 am »
1. Keep in mind that we are all in different time zones so just because you never see one of the elites does not mean they haven't been on or are quick logging
2. I saw and talked to both Snake and Jeffro around 4-5 PST

jibbyfunk

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:45:37 am »
That first part, you just repeated something that I said may be the case. Second, just because you talked to them once that day doesn't mean they are on every day.

SnibletheNarwhal

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 6
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 07:58:33 pm »
True I don't see snake or Jeffro majority of the time I am on but I do see and talk to Jeff almost everyday I am on. And I always see snake on Friday and on the weekend. But hey this is just my speculation

jibbyfunk

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 08:13:36 pm »
I saw Jeffro on today and Snake for the first time, but that doesn't mean they are on often.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:24 pm »
I saw Jeffro on today and Snake for the first time, but that doesn't mean they are on often.

I see them on a lot.

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -7
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
    • My Official YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:44 pm »

I do apologize, but I actually have a lot of other priorities than just the server.  I have a job, school, and my YouTube channel.  Plus, usually if I log on for a few seconds, I'm either looking for someone on the Pixelmon or PVP server.

And back to your topic of you barely see any of the Elite 4, pardon my French, but bitch please.  I'm probably the Elite 4 member who's seen the most.  Recently, at least.