Author Topic: Lag  (Read 9958 times)

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
Lag
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:29:37 am »
Lately, I have been receiving a lot of lag. I don't know if it is the cause of mods, me updating java or what. I have tried allocating more ram to minecraft/java, using game booster, changing all my video settings to off/fast and all of them together, but none of them have worked. My FPS seems to always be under 5 and I can barely eat, open chests or even chat. Because of this I will be very inactive on the server until Spout updates (and is hopefully less laggy) or when I find a solution to this lag. If any of you have suggestions on decreasing my lag, please share them.
I would like to keep my GymLeader position if I surpass the offline time limit, as I will be hosting fun events/tournaments in my gym when I can get online. I will try to get on the server every now and then if it's not too laggy, but I will not be accepting challenges. So all challengers will have to challenge Sharkfin1997 for the gym badge until I am able to accept challengers again.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Lag
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:33:04 am »
Try running a clean client? I have no lag with Rei's minimal, some keybinding thing and optifine.

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:15:19 am »
I'll try delete the unnecessary mods, thanks for the help ;)

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 06:35:32 am »
Hope you can resolve the issue :)

It could just be something to do with 1.3 because I seem to be a bit laggy at the moment as some other people....
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:36 am »
Thanks.

Possibly, considering all the new features of the 1.3 update.

Also, Hobo passed the course a while ago but I am still unable to battle him due to lag. So could you please take his challenge and let him nerf to the arena, thanks.

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »
I don't lag as badly as you are putting this on the server but normally I'm running much better than I am right now. I think it's the new host provider. FragCorner may have been dying but it was much better than this host provider- who I might add abuses his powers whenever he is on the server.

cabass

• Banned
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -39
  • Huntsman, if you need an assassin, just mail me.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:34:09 pm »
I agree with Bj 100%. He has given himself total max armor (prot. 127) and hhe walks around with an axe that kills people with diamond armor in 2 shots (no axe should EVER be able to do that)

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:36 pm »
I agree with Bj 100%. He has given himself total max armor (prot. 127) and hhe walks around with an axe that kills people with diamond armor in 2 shots (no axe should EVER be able to do that)
 Arceus  would I like to get my hands on that armor...

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:52 pm »
I'm surprised Hex just doesnt use Infinity Armour. Its better than potection armour...

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 07:59:51 am »
I'm surprised Hex just doesnt use Infinity Armour. Its better than potection armour...

DON'T GIVE HIM IDEAS!  :doh:

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 10:31:24 am »
DON'T GIVE HIM IDEAS!  :doh:

Lets hope he doesnt get a respiration sword >.>

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 05:48:30 pm »
Tene your bad at this game.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 08:55:03 pm »
I don't lag as badly as you are putting this on the server but normally I'm running much better than I am right now. I think it's the new host provider. FragCorner may BE DEAD but it was much better than this host provider- who I might add abuses his powers whenever he is on the server.

I just lost the game. and hex doesn't have a forum account, nor do i think he reads it. I'll talk to him about it.

So yeah fragcorner's main harddrive burned up and he has 5 dollars to his name. You want to go host with them? Go ahead.
Plus, we transferred just as 1.3 came out, and considering all the bugs it has, it's no surprise things are going badly. Do not dare blame a better host for the shit that minecraft is causing, and all the 55 plugins that we barely get to cooperate on a good day (this isnt a good day)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:57:11 pm by 1cec0ld »

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »
Is any day a good day for an admin? :P

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 04:31:49 am »

I just lost the game. and hex doesn't have a forum account, nor do i think he reads it. I'll talk to him about it.

So yeah fragcorner's main harddrive burned up and he has 5 dollars to his name. You want to go host with them? Go ahead.
Plus, we transferred just as 1.3 came out, and considering all the bugs it has, it's no surprise things are going badly. Do not dare blame a better host for the shit that minecraft is causing, and all the 55 plugins that we barely get to cooperate on a good day (this isnt a good day)
So be it that FragCorner is dead, now that's out of the question. If you think that this old friend hexacyanide can pull through than keep him as our hoster- that does not excuse the fact that he is abusing his powers on the server and is causing mayhem everytime he goes on. Our server is about having fun, NOT having fun at other peoples expenses.