Poll

What is this server's fate?

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I completely agree. We aren't going to last.
14 (28%)
Some of what you said was true, but the server won't lose hope.
11 (22%)
I'm sure the server will be fine, but it's never going to be the same as it used to be.
13 (26%)
Bullshit. We're doing great and always will.
8 (16%)
I don't want to get involved in this. The admins have to make the call.
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Was this the outcome we wanted?  (Read 26426 times)

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
Re: Was this the outcome we wanted?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 12:05:40 pm »
Quests can be added with ModDamage. Its just a matter of working out what those quests would be. Also, define exactly what custom npcs would add to the server such that it is still considered pokemon.
Well, for example, in the mod you can get crystals of different elements. This could say who the leader is, their stats and what badge they give.

You could add random NPCs around the map where you could buy materials such as iron. Since the only way to buy things with the Custom NPCs is through coins, you could change the currency to the mod coins. Since you can have custom skins, you could have Pokemon telling you info. Such as a Charizard could be outside Cinnabar saying something like " Char! Welcome to Cinnabar island! " Or something like that. You get the picture.

Ad...

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 03:26:44 pm »
I felt like noone listened to me lol.
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »
Well, for example, in the mod you can get crystals of different elements. This could say who the leader is, their stats and what badge they give.

You could add random NPCs around the map where you could buy materials such as iron. Since the only way to buy things with the Custom NPCs is through coins, you could change the currency to the mod coins. Since you can have custom skins, you could have Pokemon telling you info. Such as a Charizard could be outside Cinnabar saying something like " Char! Welcome to Cinnabar island! " Or something like that. You get the picture.

Not much use about stats seeing as the level caps are on a sign outside the gym, as well as the leader.

NPCs would only be used in shops if thats the purpose, and Charizard can't talk.

Also, how many people would install another mod just to play. Its annoying enough installing one mod.

Nick608

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -1
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 08:27:15 pm »
Though it may bring some people back

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »
Because installing more mods makes people want to join. The reason we were getting so many people at the start was because all that was needed to join was Forge and Pixelmon, adding more mods makes it more annoying to join and play.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2013, 03:33:48 am »
Not much use about stats seeing as the level caps are on a sign outside the gym, as well as the leader.

NPCs would only be used in shops if thats the purpose, and Charizard can't talk.

Also, how many people would install another mod just to play. Its annoying enough installing one mod.
You seriously haven't watched any of the Pokemon Moives

According from Bulbapedia:

Talking PokémonAlthough every Pokémon in the anime can understand human speech, very few can talk, although many legendary Pokémon can. In most cases though, talking Pokémon speak through telepathy.Meowth is the most famous talking Pokémon, and the one that makes the most appearances. His clone in Mewtwo Strikes Back and Mewtwo Returns, however, cannot speak, the reason being Meowth wasn't born knowing how to speak human language: he learned how to speak human language.
[/font][/size]
  • In Island of the Giant Pokémon, Ash's and Team Rocket's Pokémon can speak due to most of the episode focusing at them (although this is done through subtitles in the Japanese version and several of the dub versions). This prevents the difficulty of understanding Pokémon saying only the syllables of their names.
  • Mewtwo can talk via telepathy.
  • A Slowking in The Power of One can also talk without telepathy. Presumably this is because of its wisdom.
  • Entei can talk in Spell of the Unown. However, this Pokémon is the embodiment ofMolly's wishes, so therefore it is not currently known if Entei itself can speak.
  • Chatot can repeat human words.
  • In the mangaTalking PokémonAlthough every Pokémon in the anime can understand human speech, very few can talk, although many legendary Pokémon can. In most cases though, talking Pokémon speak through telepathy.Meowth is the most famous talking Pokémon, and the one that makes the most appearances. His clone in Mewtwo Strikes Back and Mewtwo Returns, however, cannot speak, the reason being Meowth wasn't born knowing how to speak human language: he learned how to speak human language.[/font][/size]
  • In Island of the Giant Pokémon, Ash's and Team Rocket's Pokémon can speak due to most of the episode focusing at them (although this is done through subtitles in the Japanese version and several of the dub versions). This prevents the difficulty of understanding Pokémon saying only the syllables of their names.
  • Mewtwo can talk via telepathy.
  • A Slowking in The Power of One can also talk without telepathy. Presumably this is because of its wisdom.
  • Entei can talk in Spell of the Unown. However, this Pokémon is the embodiment ofMolly's wishes, so therefore it is not currently known if Entei itself can speak.
  • Chatot can repeat human words.
  • In the manga

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 03:35:04 am »
You seriously haven't watched any of the Pokemon Moives

According from Bulbapedia:

Talking PokémonAlthough every Pokémon in the anime can understand human speech, very few can talk, although many legendary Pokémon can. In most cases though, talking Pokémon speak through telepathy.Meowth is the most famous talking Pokémon, and the one that makes the most appearances. His clone in Mewtwo Strikes Back and Mewtwo Returns, however, cannot speak, the reason being Meowth wasn't born knowing how to speak human language: he learned how to speak human language.
  • In Island of the Giant Pokémon, Ash's and Team Rocket's Pokémon can speak due to most of the episode focusing at them (although this is done through subtitles in the Japanese version and several of the dub versions). This prevents the difficulty of understanding Pokémon saying only the syllables of their names.[/font]
  • Mewtwo can talk via telepathy.[/font]
  • A Slowking in The Power of One can also talk without telepathy. Presumably this is because of its wisdom.[/font]
  • Entei can talk in Spell of the Unown. However, this Pokémon is the embodiment ofMolly's wishes, so therefore it is not currently known if Entei itself can speak.[/font]
  • Chatot can repeat human words.[/font]
  • In the mangaTalking PokémonAlthough every Pokémon in the anime can understand human speech, very few can talk, although many legendary Pokémon can. In most cases though, talking Pokémon speak through telepathy.Meowth is the most famous talking Pokémon, and the one that makes the most appearances. His clone in Mewtwo Strikes Back and Mewtwo Returns, however, cannot speak, the reason being Meowth wasn't born knowing how to speak human language: he learned how to speak human language.[/font]
  • In Island of the Giant Pokémon, Ash's and Team Rocket's Pokémon can speak due to most of the episode focusing at them (although this is done through subtitles in the Japanese version and several of the dub versions). This prevents the difficulty of understanding Pokémon saying only the syllables of their names.[/font]
  • Mewtwo can talk via telepathy.[/font]
  • A Slowking in The Power of One can also talk without telepathy. Presumably this is because of its wisdom.[/font]
  • Entei can talk in Spell of the Unown. However, this Pokémon is the embodiment ofMolly's wishes, so therefore it is not currently known if Entei itself can speak.[/font]
  • Chatot can repeat human words.[/font]
  • In the manga[/font]
OR just use this link http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talking_Pok%C3%A9mon

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 03:43:49 am »
none of these are charizard

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 03:53:04 am »
none of these are charizard
As I said, just an example

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 09:06:13 am »
As I said, just an example

I've seen the first 12, and that wasn't a very good example.

On other topics, I've noticed how everyone on my vanilla server has generally had a good time, starting from scratch with no outside help. It'd be good to see this again, possibly with the map change.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2013, 09:25:41 pm »
So... I've been thinking a lot lately. Has our community been torn apart? I believe so.

The pvp server was a lovely place to be, with the traditional pvp using swords, axes and bows. We had Teams, gymleader ranks, stats and badges to make our pvp skill stand out. I hate to say it, but I think those days are gone.

I blame the Pixelmon Server.

A number of you are likely to disagree, but really think. Somewhere along the line, we were torn apart. This forum is the only thing keeping us together. You may not want to hear this, but be honest. Pixelmon has gotten really boring, and we can't return to our old server because we've moved on.

I'm not saying that the new server is to blame for those who have recently left, because they have school and stuff. What I'm saying is that it's only a matter of time before the remaining number of us go our separate ways.

Pixelmon was supposed to be a gift, but after a few weeks of excitement, we should be able to admit that it isn't going to ever replace the pvp server.

"Replace? What an odd word to use, considering the pvp server still exists." It still exists on the outside, but it really doesn't on the inside.

Those who couldn't download Pixelmon have been swept away be the loneliness of the empty pvp server. There are inbetweeners, like me who only go on to stop yourself timing out from your house, or log on hoping desperately for a familiar face.

I would like to hear everyone's opinion on this. If the admins feel this is the wrong section to put this in, move it. I couldn't really put this in the pvp server or pixelmon section specifically because this is to do with both, and general discussion is for unrelated things.

The admins who don't already hate me are going to hate me when they read this:
The golden days of the pokemon server are gone.

Please be honest and agree with me. Deep inside you know I'm right. I think you may be to afraid to admit it. It is only a matter of time before this server is shut down.

You are right in that it stopped a lot of our old players and now both the servers are full of noobs.
I've been trying to think of solutions, but to be honest, I feel like the non-noob county has just stopped the Pokemon addiction. We could get dozens of players on either server with some simple advertising, but I want to wait until winter vacation so it isn't wasted.

As for the older players, it's up to y'all to figure out what you want. Shark proposed removing the death penalty, a viable solution. Tene proposed a complete reset, which has been discussed countless times. An idea I just thought of is to remove donor perks splitting on both servers; make people commit to one which will make them more likely to choose to stay on one rather than splitting their attentions.

I felt like noone listened to me lol.

I did, and I know that you don't want to re-earn your status on the server, but what does your status mean when there is no one to challenge it, no one to come near you in financial strength, no one to know your skill with archery, no one to remember your leadership of cinnabar? A bunch of newbies and your memories are all that tie your history here, so what's the point of having it? Rejoin the newbies and show them how to succeed instead of being some unattainable beacon of success that they can never imagine reaching. You're at the far end of the noob-pro spectrum with no in between players to bridge the gap, do you really enjoy that?

Why not add CustomNPCs? That's a good mod plus it comes with some cool stuff you can do. You could add quests and stuff.

Adding a mod to one server will not help the issue of the servers splitting their attentions and dividing the community in half, causing boredom and leavers. It will only make one possibly (POSSIBLY) more attractive for a short time before it gets boring again.
It also requires learning a brand new scripting language, something I know I don't have time for.

MORAL OF THE STORY: don't complain about the problem, find solutions.

Nick608

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »
Im going to be helping advertise the server here me and my friend are going to be doing videos on it with our adventure the only problem we are having is getting gym leaders on.  Also we do need to listen to what 1ce said we do need to stop just complaining I mean Duck have you attempted to do anything to help the situation at hand Lucas you to? I noticed this as well with it I do hate complaining about the servers when I haven't done anything really to help it. I mean now im attempting to help it at least.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:20:08 pm by Nick608 »

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2013, 11:04:21 pm »
-Sits and watches for now-
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

Equin0x

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9
  • Hey! Whats up? :winkyface:
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 02:11:53 am »
I did, and I know that you don't want to re-earn your status on the server, but what does your status mean when there is no one to challenge it, no one to come near you in financial strength, no one to know your skill with archery, no one to remember your leadership of cinnabar? A bunch of newbies and your memories are all that tie your history here, so what's the point of having it? Rejoin the newbies and show them how to succeed instead of being some unattainable beacon of success that they can never imagine reaching. You're at the far end of the noob-pro spectrum with no in between players to bridge the gap, do you really enjoy that?

This was put real nicely  :) . Stats are stats, numbers, detailing your achievements, strength, skill. But they are also meaningless in the way that in any given moment, without notice, they can be gone, wiped, forgotten. It does take valuable time and effort to obtain, but as you all know, nothing lasts forever. I for one would like a stat reset, or rather complete reset. A lot of us back in the day we basically got our stats cheating. The actions the older players have done is what made the server how it is today. Having our acro trainers, mob rooms, party boosting, the rules that are on the server were added as the community grew. Some of us bought our stats which can't be done now (right?). I never really liked the idea of buying stats, makes the server feel like a f2p game, in the sense of microtransactions = win. But honestly, you can't brush off the idea of a reset just because you don't want to lose your stats. Its rather selfish in my opinion.     

The server will without a doubt shut down, but as it currently stands, it's in good health. Getting new players daily, people play on it every day, it's the only server of it's kind AFAIK, and there's VERY little to almost no advertisement (i think, not sure). If this server was advertised on sites like PlanetMinecraft or whatever place with a decent amount of Minecraft traffic, the server would most likely get over 100 users daily. Which is both really nice and not bad but it would be annoying.     We have a group of old players, new players, and inbetweeners. With a reset we can ALL be, in essence, the new players. I'm not trying to get a reset going on as fast as possible, but while reading the comments I saw a lot of no's without a why other than oh no my stats D:. With a reset though, there should be consistency. I'm pretty sure the admins know what works and what doesn't, so it would be a smooth ride.          

I had a lot in my head, if something isn't clear then let me know :p .
You hvae jsut been mwbdoilnn. Hvae a good day and tlel yuor fnidres!

Nick608

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 09:56:07 am »

This was put real nicely  :) . Stats are stats, numbers, detailing your achievements, strength, skill. But they are also meaningless in the way that in any given moment, without notice, they can be gone, wiped, forgotten. It does take valuable time and effort to obtain, but as you all know, nothing lasts forever. I for one would like a stat reset, or rather complete reset. A lot of us back in the day we basically got our stats cheating. The actions the older players have done is what made the server how it is today. Having our acro trainers, mob rooms, party boosting, the rules that are on the server were added as the community grew. Some of us bought our stats which can't be done now (right?). I never really liked the idea of buying stats, makes the server feel like a f2p game, in the sense of microtransactions = win. But honestly, you can't brush off the idea of a reset just because you don't want to lose your stats. Its rather selfish in my opinion.     

The server will without a doubt shut down, but as it currently stands, it's in good health. Getting new players daily, people play on it every day, it's the only server of it's kind AFAIK, and there's VERY little to almost no advertisement (i think, not sure). If this server was advertised on sites like PlanetMinecraft or whatever place with a decent amount of Minecraft traffic, the server would most likely get over 100 users daily. Which is both really nice and not bad but it would be annoying.     We have a group of old players, new players, and inbetweeners. With a reset we can ALL be, in essence, the new players. I'm not trying to get a reset going on as fast as possible, but while reading the comments I saw a lot of no's without a why other than oh no my stats D:. With a reset though, there should be consistency. I'm pretty sure the admins know what works and what doesn't, so it would be a smooth ride.          

I had a lot in my head, if something isn't clear then let me know :p .
I think your truly right if it does help bring the server back we might want to really consider a reset. I mean I will miss my house and if it affects the pixelmon server ill miss my pokemon poor Umbreon. Though it is a price some of us are willing to pay for the better good of the server. I will be doing my best to advertise the servers. Also all of Duck's options for the poll are pretty much one sided ony 2 options aren't and ones saying they don't want to get involved it the matter.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:14:34 am by Nick608 »