Poll

What is this server's fate?

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I completely agree. We aren't going to last.
14 (28%)
Some of what you said was true, but the server won't lose hope.
11 (22%)
I'm sure the server will be fine, but it's never going to be the same as it used to be.
13 (26%)
Bullshit. We're doing great and always will.
8 (16%)
I don't want to get involved in this. The admins have to make the call.
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Was this the outcome we wanted?  (Read 26647 times)

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
Re: Was this the outcome we wanted?
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 07:56:14 pm »
I don't think I'd want to stay active if everything I worked hard for was wiped. It takes a long time to train stats or gather resources. While I've watched friends go inactive or quit, one of the only things keeping me is knowing how much time I've spent building myself up here, and how stupid it'd be to waste it all. I understand not being selfish, and I'm all for a reset if it'll help the server, but there are going to be some people who won't bother coming back to rebuild.

Ad...

Equin0x

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9
  • Hey! Whats up? :winkyface:
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »
I don't think I'd want to stay active if everything I worked hard for was wiped. It takes a long time to train stats or gather resources. While I've watched friends go inactive or quit, one of the only things keeping me is knowing how much time I've spent building myself up here, and how stupid it'd be to waste it all. I understand not being selfish, and I'm all for a reset if it'll help the server, but there are going to be some people who won't bother coming back to rebuild.
Those are the people who most likely only ever cared about their "status" on the server and who can't accept change. Leaves room for other qualified people though ;).
You hvae jsut been mwbdoilnn. Hvae a good day and tlel yuor fnidres!

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »
Those are the people who most likely only ever cared about their "status" on the server and who can't accept change. Leaves room for other qualified people though ;).

He has mentioned metathesiophobia before.

MinecraftWolf18

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -2
  • Getting more money; Battling E4 w/ Amulet Coin >:)
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2013, 06:11:29 pm »
1 word: AGREED  :(

Ever since the pixelmon server came up and I couldn't get it, I was really sad. And, once it came up, pretty much everyone left. Now only new people that stay are the ones on the server. I miss everyone in the old days when there were wars at spawn and the Mods and Admins talking about random stuff. I miss journeying with my friends on there that I never see now. Yes, I may have been busy with school, horses, horses on singleplayer, but I still miss them. Sometimes when I would check to see who is on, there is either no one on or just 2 new people that are somewhere random in the map. I seriously wish we could all get back together again. Please  :eyes: . I just really miss everything... because no one is on, i've been playing on a different server, but that still got a little boring. Please do something about this  :cry: . I know everyone has been mad about what people say and they say that its stupid (Example:  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: "Wat u guyses say is stupid! This server is fine!") Not really. So, lets just come back to the server and relive the old days  :grouphug: . And this will be my mood:  :squee: :banana: :D . But if we can't...then I will be liek:  :mad: :-\ :cry: :eek: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: :lazor: (lol). I just wish we could have like a server reunion or something like that. Please.. PLEASE... PWEASE  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .
-Wolf

Watashi wa okami, inuka, kujira, neko, fukuro,-baya, sonotadesu!

(I am a wolf, dolphin, whale, cat, owl, horse and more!)

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »
Of course the golden days are long gone. A lot of people, including me, left a long time ago.
I don't know how much pixelmon changed the server, but it seems like another reason the population is declining. I had a very good time on here, but at the end it just became boring. I have never missed the server after leaving. This was also after the "golden" days, which imo were the days when there were 30 people online most of the time.

The people that left were great and cant be replaced, but the server is not dead. I am NOT coming back, but if you want to "save" the server, you have to increase the amount of members. Since none of the old people are coming back you will have to get new people, though this will not feel the same as before, the generation of server members I belonged to is close to gone. Advertise on forums, idc, get new people, make them feel at home, make them get new people. Create a new generation.
Wipe mcstats if you have to, to encourage new people.

I mighht be wrong though, no idea, havent been here for months.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:20:15 pm by Vitto »
[url

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2013, 04:52:33 am »
I never thought i'd be one of the oldest players on here.

Equin0x

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9
  • Hey! Whats up? :winkyface:
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »
Nah, 1ce is still on xD.
You hvae jsut been mwbdoilnn. Hvae a good day and tlel yuor fnidres!

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2013, 12:20:25 am »

I never thought i'd be one of the oldest players on here.

Fuck me either lol

Nah, 1ce is still on xD.

that cold bastard better be around  :D

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2013, 01:08:29 am »
have you tried having more active players

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2013, 03:42:35 am »
that cold bastard better be around  :D

He is.

Barnitzn

• Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 3
  • Back again bitches!
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »
I think we should have a day where all the old players gets on again to try to get everyone on the server again
-EX CIANWOOD CITY GYM LEADER
-EX 4th JOHTO ELITE
-EX JOHTO CHAMPION!!!
-EX OLIVINE LEADER
-EX ERUTEAK LEADER
-EX VIRIDIAN LEADER

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »
Well I was talking to Zombie yesterday and he agreed with me that possibly the only way to recreate our large player base would be to employ all the same advertising techniques that Rigby did at one point. During that time the server had 64 slots and it was completely filled up and you couldn't connect. We even had to bump the slots up to 80.
Even though this is advertising to new members it will bring in enough players for the older members to come back and for the community to start flowing again.

Now, the downside of this is that it was very expensive. Donations have sort of halted and I don't know how much the server had left in credit but if we start building up to it players will come and they will donate.

I think this should be considered as it did work amazingly.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2013, 04:27:00 pm »
There are also cheaper means of advertising. I mean it can be harder and it will take a lot of work but I think just going out a spreading the word to friends and such can bring in a lot of people. Also I think the build projects may have sapped the players a bit at some point. I remember when everyone just wanted to build and people were getting in trouble and causing problems just to get on the build team. So maybe halting that or just finishing up a bit of it would be good. Or we could go back to the original map  :evil:
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2013, 07:18:08 pm »
Reddit
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »
Well, one thing 1ce said, and I agree is no advertising until the map is changed over.