Author Topic: I think you should take a look at this.  (Read 11248 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: I think you should take a look at this.
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 09:35:45 am »
I just had an idea lol :)

You have the normal server which everyone can join and doesnt get income.

Then you have a "seperate" server that you have to pay to play on, and have all the perks on that server.

That way you would still be legal because you are technically using 2 different servers, only the paid server is the one with all the cool shizzle. and the servers could communicate to one another regarding player locations, items, statistics and other stuff.

You can thank me later I just saved the pokemon server! :banana:

No one would play something like that, really, would you play on a server where donators are segregated from regular players? There's no way to show a regular how useful the perks would be.

One idea I've had for a while that can get around it, giving a random player a 24h upgrade.

Ad...

rockittt

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Mr Smith!, Mr Wesson... Glad you could make it!
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 09:43:24 am »
No one would play something like that, really, would you play on a server where donators are segregated from regular players? There's no way to show a regular how useful the perks would be.

One idea I've had for a while that can get around it, giving a random player a 24h upgrade.

Actually tene its not as silly as it sounds because there are games that actually do that. One big example is the MMORPG game runescape, there are "free" worlds in which everyone can play and there are "members" worlds which have all of the perks that paying players get. mmbers that visit free worlds are unable to use their perks there they have to login to members worlds.

I think doing something like that we could get around this eula and still fund the server.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 10:36:33 am »

Actually tene its not as silly as it sounds because there are games that actually do that. One big example is the MMORPG game runescape, there are "free" worlds in which everyone can play and there are "members" worlds which have all of the perks that paying players get. mmbers that visit free worlds are unable to use their perks there they have to login to members worlds.

I think doing something like that we could get around this eula and still fund the server.

Runescape has thousands upon thousands of regular players, PokéServer has >100.

rockittt

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Mr Smith!, Mr Wesson... Glad you could make it!
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 03:42:57 am »
Runescape has thousands upon thousands of regular players, PokéServer has >100.

My point still stands! and besides I dont see anyone else coming up with ideas :(