Author Topic: Archie's Moderator Application.  (Read 2777 times)

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Archie's Moderator Application.
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:31:56 am »
I've used Bacon's format for the application and I hope he doesn't mind. (It's very good)

How long have you been apart of the Pokemon server community?  I've been part of this community since early July 2011 (about 2 years)

How old are you?  I am 16 years old.

What times are you available?  At the moment, I have a week until I start college and then as of then i'll be available during evenings and mornings on weekdays and mostly available at weekends.

What plugins do you know?  I know my way around a lot of the plugins that are used on both the PvP Server and Pixelmon Server, I also know certain commands used on pixelmon server such as /evict and all the commands that are part of the pixelmon mod.

How long have you been on the Server? I joined a few hours after the server opened as 1ce predicted a 12 hour wait until the grand opening, which would have meant it opened at 10AM for me, This wasn't the case.

What do you plan on doing as a Moderator? Anyone can predict that the pixelmon server is going to continuously grow and will eventually need more moderators, it has already caught up to the popularity of the PvP server in just a few days, As a moderator I hope to help all players with any questions or problems they have, whether it's advice to newcomers or keeping the crowd calm after a rollback.

Why would you be a good Mod?  I'm a moderator on the PvP server and in the recent poll to decide the most helpful/useful moderator, I came 2nd and was behind by only a few votes. I think this shows that I can be very useful to the Pixelmon Server and to the community as a whole.

Can you moderate the server, and demonstrate your ability by moderating your own application thread?  I'm sure many people will support me when I say that i'm very helpful on the Pixelmon Server already, I answer questions and help new players, and sometimes i'm Liquidvamp's second set of eyes, pointing out anything he misses in the chat log or in a specific location. Together we cracked cases like when Honedge showed people the location of the Icy rock.

Do you have Teamspeak? Yes & I'd happily get on it if I was needed, the truth though is that I have many players and staff on Skype so I usually don't feel the need to get on there as much now, however if need be i'll step up to the plate.

What badges do you have?  I have all 8 Kanto badges and I was the first person to collect all 8 of them (Something i'm very proud of).

I hope i'm a worthy candidate of your time and attention.
-Archie.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:30:15 am by ArchieSalt »

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
Re: Archie's Moderator Application.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:48:00 am »
I would also hold more tournaments after how fun the one I hosted today was. What's the point of playing if you're not having fun :P

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 05:49:18 pm »
Good luck Archie! You already have experience with moderating so I think you have a good chance. :)
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:32 am »
Edited with little tid-bits.