Poll

Reset? Only choose 1 per category please.

McMMO Stats Wiped?
McMMO Stats Remain?
Money Wiped?
Money Remains?
Items Wiped?
Items Remain?

Author Topic: Reset Poll  (Read 21157 times)

b_rad1243

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 5
  • Leader of TeamExile
Re: Reset Poll
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 01:46:16 am »
It isnt fun anymore. Im not having fun. New people arent having fun. We need something to spark the server. Mcmmo should be reset and have caps on them. Why should a new person get their 75 kills and then get destroyed because their first set of armor was taken by some jerk with 1.5k axes. Like i said all i see are the same people playing every day. We were all having fun when we had the partys going and battling each other. It was a challenge. The only way we will get new players is if we reset the stats or just be dumb and lets give them all a 1k stat boost for each stat plus a two sets of prot 4 armor 2 stacks of diamond blocks also with that  Arceus  apples and we can forget the last thing free enchants for 1 week. Come on now. Think of it as something new. If you guys dont like it then just complain about it or leave the server. Either one
-Leader of TeamExile
-Bestfriends with Tactic_ninja
-Former JohtoChamp
-Former Cianwood Leader
-Former Mahogany Leader
-CoolTrainer donation thanks to crimsonpause

Ad...

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 04:34:04 am »
Why should a new person get their 75 kills and then get destroyed because their first set of armor was taken by some jerk with 1.5k axes.
This will happen again, it is inevitable. Capping our skills will only make us closer to staying as the new guy. Is it so wrong to want to be someone with insane stats, to be feared and known for? Sure, stat resets are ok. Wipe the money, fine, we can earn it back. But hopefully, the ecomnomy doesn't fall as hard as last time. Wipe our items, im sure we can store other stuff in vip rooms, to my knowledge. Stats, you know what, sure wipe the stats, but don't cap the stats, that ruins the fun of being on mc top. Complete quality and balance is unattainable. You can get close to it, but you'll never fully attain it. As i have said before. Compromise this situation to get the fairness of both sides. That would reduce the amount of people that dislike one choice made by the admins.

tl;dr please compromise
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 06:18:14 am »
What about capping certain stats, ones that get stupidly strong past a certain point? Axes, for one. Unarmed stops gaining power at 1k, no need to cap that. Swords, 1. no one uses them seriously, 2. they don't gain power with more levels. no need to cap it.

I could go on, but why not just put a level cap on the skills that need one? Is that compromise enough?

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:41 am »
What about capping certain stats, ones that get stupidly strong past a certain point? Axes, for one. Unarmed stops gaining power at 1k, no need to cap that. Swords, 1. no one uses them seriously, 2. they don't gain power with more levels. no need to cap it.

I could go on, but why not just put a level cap on the skills that need one? Is that compromise enough?
That's a great compromise in my opinion, since axes do get more op the longer you level them. I guess it's up to the admins to decide where they draw the line on axes. I'm all for this change then.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 09:27:16 am »
New people arent having fun.

I never heard a new person complain about the mcmmo. :c
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 12:02:08 pm »

I never heard a new person complain about the mcmmo. :c

I have lol

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »
I finally found someone who was/is an admin that agrees with my choice to cut axes down a few pegs. no matter what happens, there is always people that are going to get angry with the decision. personally, I say keep the stats, but limit them, so massive stat grinders (like me) don't end up being the slayer of all players on the server. the main reason I grinded up my axes so high was because me and Jimmyziga wanted an axe training race. there will still be the drive to be mctop and rulers of a certain stat, just there is a limit so no player is op.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »
I just can't handle not discussing anymore. /discuss :P

Money:
Our economy is already messed up enough. Perhaps we can start a new one and not have too much inflation. Get rid of money.

Items:
Doesn't really matter, because people have enough diamonds to last them a life time. They can get back their valuables easily. And I heard VIPs stay. So this doesn't even really matter.

Mcmmo:
Limiting is okay in my book. I say make it so each stat at around 500-1000 stop growing. (Combat skills at 500, all others 1000) Something like that. Or even make it so Kanto/Johto gym leaders can have mcmmo levels from 100-200, Hoenn from 200-300, Sinnoh from 300-400, and Unova capping out.
But erasing stats are still okay in my book. Yes people work for their stats, but erasing them might help the server grow. (BTW, this stuff in underline is only for if we don't do gym caps.

So money is okay to erase
Items seems like they won't, but I have no problem with them being erased
Mcmmo is okay to erase if we don't have gym caps
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

SnowBreak

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -18
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »
I'm fine with money being removed as long as I can pre-buy a new map house. I worked hard for 100k to buy a nice house, maybe even a skyscraper if they're being sold. Heck, pikachupupu even donated for Jimmyziga so that he could get 100k for a new map house.
Kanto Champion.
Cerulean Leader.
Builder of all regions. Hoenn HB.
Pewter Shop Owner.
Please check out my Moderator Application if you have the chance, feedback is appreciated.

notrigby

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 3
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2014, 07:43:43 pm »
To contribute like I do every so often because why not:

1) You're polling people who are already established. It's never going to go into favor of what the new players would want. You're polling the 1/2 of the server that WOULD lose stuff.

2) Monthly resets are a blessing, but I don't know how that would work out the with the gym system and such. Or if that's even maintained anymore.

3) In addition to #1: The only way you're going to have to results is take the risk of doing it. I know for a fact that back when I was an admin this was something we discussed internally. It's going to be impossible to get the feel of it would make it easier on newer players through a poll alone.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:45:22 pm by notrigby »

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2014, 08:21:33 pm »
Not too far off from the topic, but please get rid of penalty and bring back 10 hearts :c. 1ce said we use 2x health for some berries, but they are rarely used. And i don't know why penalty is there :/

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 09:28:05 pm »
I'm fine with money being removed as long as I can pre-buy a new map house. I worked hard for 100k to buy a nice house, maybe even a skyscraper if they're being sold. Heck, pikachupupu even donated for Jimmyziga so that he could get 100k for a new map house.

How would you 'pre-buy' a new house if money were being removed?
If pika donated for jimmy, thats pika's issue.

To contribute like I do every so often because why not:

1) You're polling people who are already established. It's never going to go into favor of what the new players would want. You're polling the 1/2 of the server that WOULD lose stuff.
Agreed

2) Monthly resets are a blessing, but I don't know how that would work out the with the gym system and such. Or if that's even maintained anymore.
I wondered about this myself

3) In addition to #1: The only way you're going to have to results is take the risk of doing it. I know for a fact that back when I was an admin this was something we discussed internally. It's going to be impossible to get the feel of it would make it easier on newer players through a poll alone.
I recall some of the results lol

Not too far off from the topic, but please get rid of penalty and bring back 10 hearts :c. 1ce said we use 2x health for some berries, but they are rarely used. And i don't know why penalty is there :/

I did invite you to test the new berries, but you left. Penalty is a way to try fix the broken economy, in a similar way to pokemon. Lost a battle, lose money, and it goes to the winner, just like battles in pokemon.

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2014, 09:46:54 pm »
this is the pressing issue of everything.

1. we decide to restart the entire server. all stats, all money, all items. while this may newer players feel welcome and provide more stimulation within the server, many people who worked for there stats will become angry to have lost all that work. only the most dedicated players will stay to rebuild what they lost which may cause a massive drop in the player count.

2. we decide to transfer everything or only a select few things. newer players will have a tougher time in dealing with veteran players. while the veteran players are happy newer players will have to be either like stng and be extremely good at pvp, or some they will have to grind forever just to make it so they can match the others, weather or not there is a cap or limitation on mcstats.

The main focus of all this is, do we want to appeal to the newer generation of gamers, or do we want to preserve the veteran players? no choice is without it's share of problems and hatred but it's up to the admins to make the best choices on this matter.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

TAlegends

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -26
  • awsome User
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 10:07:47 pm »
this is the pressing issue of everything.

1. we decide to restart the entire server. all stats, all money, all items. while this may newer players feel welcome and provide more stimulation within the server, many people who worked for there stats will become angry to have lost all that work. only the most dedicated players will stay to rebuild what they lost which may cause a massive drop in the player count.

2. we decide to transfer everything or only a select few things. newer players will have a tougher time in dealing with veteran players. while the veteran players are happy newer players will have to be either like stng and be extremely good at pvp, or some they will have to grind forever just to make it so they can match the others, weather or not there is a cap or limitation on mcstats.

The main focus of all this is, do we want to appeal to the newer generation of gamers, or do we want to preserve the veteran players? no choice is without it's share of problems and hatred but it's up to the admins to make the best choices on this matter.

Or we do what 1ce said and we max the OP stats like Axes. making sure veteran players are not as angry about this and will prob stay + new people will get the chanse off picking up with us easyer even though they will still need to do some grinding but less.
(If they want a house that costs them around +/- 6k and a mob kill gives them 9 dollar each that means 666,6... kills I think that should give you a high enough lvl not to get killed instant)
I think this is a good idea.

- become kanto champ  X
- become johto

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 10:55:32 pm »

We've never had an admin named notrigby... Who is this creature  :O_o:

I think the fix to this involves making berries more usedul. Right now they just seem like fancy collectors items, they don't give enough of a bonus to really contribute to a fight and make them valuable.
As for the penalty, tene addressed that.