Author Topic: Elite Timeouts  (Read 3773 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Elite Timeouts
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »
Code: [Select]

[11:09am]Tenebrae:seen darth225
[11:09am]PixelBot:Player darth225 is charging the GameBoy since 5 days 22 hours 7 minutes

Darth is the next in line to challenge the elite. Had he already been an elite, he would have timed out. Other people want to challenge and they're all being held up by this.

My proposition is a timeout on challengers, of 5 days between challenges. Elites, Champion and Challenger can't train their Pokémon while a challenge is in progress, so that should be incentive enough to get each battle over quickly.

Some other admin tell me your thoughts on this.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
Re: Elite Timeouts
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:39:05 am »
Been discussed with 1ce. Darth has been off for 5 days, has no forum account, so moving on.

After Textile has challenged, its a free for all, and there'll be one free elite spot, so one lucky person*may* get promoted.

Jeffro826

• Dragon Tamer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -7
  • ♦ Pixelmon Elite 4 ♦
    • My Official YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:05:03 pm »
Personally, I think there needs to be a line drawn between how long a challenge can go on.  I say this because jibbyfunk and Vivillon are never online, as well as an admin, to get the challenge going.  Meanwhile, I have all 8 badges already and have been waiting for a long time now to get my shot at the Elite 4.  I understand the difficulty of being able to get both players online at the same time, but there's got to be some point where it's gotta cancel out.  Otherwise nobody else will get a shot at the Elite 4.

What does everyone else think about this?

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »
Limit it. But then again why should I care ;)
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:39:20 pm »
Personally, I think there needs to be a line drawn between how long a challenge can go on.  I say this because jibbyfunk and Vivillon are never online, as well as an admin, to get the challenge going.  Meanwhile, I have all 8 badges already and have been waiting for a long time now to get my shot at the Elite 4.  I understand the difficulty of being able to get both players online at the same time, but there's got to be some point where it's gotta cancel out.  Otherwise nobody else will get a shot at the Elite 4.

What does everyone else think about this?

afaik, jib never challenged.