Do you like the idea?

YES YES YES YES YES
18 (62.1%)
Maybe
5 (17.2%)
No
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Sonic Server  (Read 10666 times)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
Sonic Server
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:08:43 am »
The name speaks for itself. A minecraft server that replicates, to some extend, the world of Sonic. I'm not 100% sure on all the fleshed-out ideas, but there's a few things we can integrate into it...

1) Speed courses, obviously.
2) Parkour
3) Role Playing
4) Adventure mode of the game

I'm sure there's a lot out there that we can do. Like I said, the idea is still in the air. Feedback?

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: Sonic Server
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:43:30 am »
Rolling around at the speed of sound,
Got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow.
Can't stick around, have to keep moving on,
Guess what lies ahead, only one way to find out!
Must keep on moving ahead,
No time for guessing, follow my plan instead.
Trusting in what you can't see,
Take my lead I'll set you free.
Follow me, set me free,
Trust me and we will escape from the city.
I'll make it through, follow me.
Follow me, set me free,
I'll make it through prove it to you.
Follow me! Oh yeah!
Danger is lurking around every turn,
Trust your feelings, got to live and learn.
I know with some luck that I'll make it through,
Got no other options, only one thing to do!
I don't care what lies ahead,
No time for guessing, follow my plan instead.
Find the next stage, no matter what that may be.
Take my lead, I'll set you free.
Follow me, set me free,
I'll make it through, follow me.
Follow me, set me free,
I'll make it through through, prove it to you.
Follow me!
Follow me!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:21:37 pm by ArchieSalt »

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:07:49 am »
I like this idea. Better than the other ideas we've seen.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:12:18 am »
I'd also like to point out that this server idea has yet to be implemented on any server as far as Google has shown me. We'd be the first ones to do this (Don't ask me how this hasn't been done before). There's only one server I saw do this and it was one of those things where a person had the idea to do it and never actually did anything...

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:58:33 am »
We could recreate the Sonic Adventure 1 map and allow people to choose their character(Sonic, Tail, Knuckles, Amy, Big and Gamma) through a custom plugin. After choosing their character, the player is locked into that character for at least 12 hours (to prevent spamming console). Each character has their own special traits of course (Sonic moves faster, Tails has a limited flying ability, Knuckles can climb walls, glide and do more melee damage, Amy could get a custom weapon that has a sizable knockback but low damage, Big could use a PvP fishing rod and Gamma could use a bow). Each character can travel through the map to complete quests in order of the original game's layout, including the puzzles required to get to each level. Each character would have their stages recreated into the server (Sonic races to the end of the stage, Tails tries to beat another character in a race [we could implement this using an NPC plugin], Knuckles would have to find three pieces of the Master Emerald, Amy would have to avoid a boss that is slow but will instantly kill her if it can catch her, Big would fish for a set amount of fish or a specific item if it could be implemented and Gamma would have to go through his stages with a time limit, finishing the stage with a boss fight at the end). We'd have players thrown into boss fights after reaching them of course. For a replay value we could have the missions from Sonic Adventure DX implemented, we could allow a Co-op mode to be played for others, and we could allow characters to PvP using the different Characters. This is just the base of my idea, and I'll come up with more if you want.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:37:58 pm »
YES YES YES YES YES YES OH SWEET BABY JEUS YES LET ME DESIGN THE LEVELS OH SWEET BABY JEUS YES.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »
I've never been a fan of Sonic, but this doesn't seem like a bad idea, especially if we used Okie's idea. I'd be glad to help.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Barnitzn

• Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 3
  • Back again bitches!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 02:16:33 pm »
This seems like a good idea, except i don't see how well it would work with multiplayer.
-EX CIANWOOD CITY GYM LEADER
-EX 4th JOHTO ELITE
-EX JOHTO CHAMPION!!!
-EX OLIVINE LEADER
-EX ERUTEAK LEADER
-EX VIRIDIAN LEADER

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:47:02 pm »
This seems like a good idea, except i don't see how well it would work with multiplayer.
Multiplayer adventure map style maybe?

I still think we should concentrate on the server rebuilding thats currently at hand first...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 04:36:27 pm »
We could recreate the Sonic Adventure 1 map and allow people to choose their character(Sonic, Tail, Knuckles, Amy, Big and Gamma) through a custom plugin. After choosing their character, the player is locked into that character for at least 12 hours (to prevent spamming console). Each character has their own special traits of course (Sonic moves fasterPossible, Tails has a limited flying abilityPossible, Knuckles can climb wallsQuestionable, glideVery unlikely and do more melee damagePossible, Amy could get a custom weapon that has a sizable knockback but low damagePossible, Big could use a PvP fishing rodPossible and Gamma could use a bowPossible). Each character can travel through the map to complete quests in order of the original game's layout, including the puzzles required to get to each level. Each character would have their stages recreated into the server (Sonic races to the end of the stage, Tails tries to beat another character in a race [we could implement this using an NPC plugin], Knuckles would have to find three pieces of the Master Emerald, Amy would have to avoid a boss that is slow but will instantly kill her if it can catch her, Big would fish for a set amount of fish or a specific item if it could be implemented and Gamma would have to go through his stages with a time limit, finishing the stage with a boss fight at the end). We'd have players thrown into boss fights after reaching them of course. For a replay value we could have the missions from Sonic Adventure DX implemented, we could allow a Co-op mode to be played for others, and we could allow characters to PvP using the different Characters. This is just the base of my idea, and I'll come up with more if you want.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »
Climb walls could be a jump boost?
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 06:36:47 pm »
Climb walls could be a jump boost?
Yeah and I think jump boost and more melee damage is all he needs

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 06:51:45 pm »
Yeah and I think jump boost and more melee damage is all he needs
The only problem there is when Knuckles players reach Red Mountain... http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Mountain

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:20 pm »
Maybe there's a way we could do wall climb similar to phantom torch where knuckles players could have a phantom ladder type thing
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Omastar

• PokeFan
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 7
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 07:39:55 pm »
I still think we should concentrate on the server rebuilding thats currently at hand first...