Author Topic: 4th Year Anniversary!!  (Read 3066 times)

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
4th Year Anniversary!!
« on: July 28, 2015, 02:16:47 am »

Today is my (and Snowbro911's) 4 year anniversary on the server!!!! :D
It's been so long and it's crazy to think I'm the second oldest active member, behind 1ce. I'd like to thank everyone for such a wonderful experience on the server and for all the fantabulous memories I've had. Here's to 4 more years! *raises beer glass in toast*.

Anywho, I generally do something special for these anniversaries, well at least I did for the first one where I retold my first day on the server. This is usually due to my terrible luck of having some issue arise on this day each year, causing me to be bored and write something. It's crazy! My first year anniversary was on the same day as the famous 'Red Wool Incident' with the server being down, the second I completely forgot and the third happened to be the one day when literally no one came online... Oh how lucky I am that this year it ended up right in the middle of my study for my end of Year 12 exams.
Back on topic though, on my 3 year anniversary I posted the following:

On this day, 2 years ago, when I celebrated my 1 year anniversary I decided I'd tell everyone about my first day on the server. At the end people seemed to like it and I said I'd recount my second 'adventure' on the server, the whole series of events surrounding the Worshippers of the Great One. I never got around to it but I guess, to have something to do this time, I will write it here. Now a lot of the current members won't know what I'm referring to but in the Pewter Police crimes list there are signs referring to this and often new officers would ask about it but I'd give a discrete and uninformative answer like; 'The worshippers are all dead'. Essentially this event is the main reason why I started the Pewter Police so buckle your seatbelts, buy some high-quality SharkCo. Sugar Cane™, and enjoy the short story...

However, I never actually wrote the story of the Worshipers of the Great One and thought it would a good idea for today, mainly for personal archiving uses but also because of the secrecy surrounding the event no longer mattering too much. If you are interested in reading this important chapter in my time on the server and the main events leading to the creation of the Pewter Police, then please stick along for the ride. Firstly, however, make sure you read the story of my first day on the server as this will be a direct sequel to it, happening not long after.

http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=1732.0

(3rd post)

Okay, here we goooooooooooo...

Prologue: The Iron Douche:
So not long after my first day, I became used to how the server worked and intended to become the very best, like no one ever was. Well... I mainly just wanted to become a gym leader, which was possible back then by simply asking by email, and envisioned claiming Fuchsia gym and turning it into a giant temple complex, full of traps and obstacles, like in the anime, or claiming Mahogany gym when Johto was released. Despite no reply to my email, I carried on my server journey, which mainly consisted of gathering items and working towards gaining a stone or iron sword as my main weapon, before someone would kill me, steal my stuff and force me to start over. Back then, a lot of effort was needed to get basic items and I would often become quite annoyed and upset after it was all lost. There was no security for new users and veterans would often abuse this to the extent of making many people quit and the admins having to implement stuff like the 75 mob kill requirement for PvP. One day, I was in Viridian City when some server veteran told me to come out into the wild section between Viridian and the cycling track, which simply had an entrance through a gap in the trees. I had learnt from experience not to believe these people but after telling me he wouldn't harm me I instantly trusted him enough to go out into the PvP area. This of course resulted in my death and loss of hours of work. I became quite angry and repeatedly kept trying to kill him, to no success. This douche was in full iron armour, which back then, before the economy became inflated, was the main gear for veterans. However, I remember at one point, Stnglabee coming out in full diamond armour and using the rock tomb move from the server's modification of the magic spells plugin that we had then, encasing this guy in glass. Unfortunately Stng left and I resumed failing to get my stuff back. I also remember there being some sort of stone shrine structure that a lot of our fighting took place around. Eventually this guys friends logged on and they all ganged up on me. At one point I managed  to kill the guy when he was afk but him and his friends told me that if I didn't return his stuff, the admins would ban me. For some reason I believed them, despite them doing the same to me, and reluctantly gave the guys stuff back, including my original gear. After failing to gather enough TNT to blow them all up, I eventually gave up and logged off. This event is important as it leads onto the next part and is a contributing factor to the eventual outcome of this story.

The Worshipers of the Great One:

Phase 1: The House of Worshippers:
So the next time I logged on, presumably the next day, I decided to head back into the wild and start collecting items all over again. I went out Pallet Town's wild entrance (discussed in part 1) and went right to the forest area as I normally would. This area was discussed in part 1 (my first day) and was rectangular in shape with the southern edge being bordered by the water area near spawn and the massive lava pit and the north, east and west by the massive stone cliffs that surrounded the routes. After a while I'd collected up the usual amount of equipment I would and had climbed up the hill that led up to the summit of the stone cliffs,with this part at the start of Route 22. This was the north-west corner of this forest area and I likely climbed up there for stone or to use it as a secure crafting station. However, after I had gathered what I wanted, and was atop this hill, I got hit from an arrow from somewhere. I tired taking cover behind a stone wall but got hit again once or twice, resulting in my death. I immediately ran back to the hill, to hopefully recover my stuff, but it was all gone. I looked down, off the hill, into the forest area and saw two users, a guy in full iron armour, who I presumed killed me, and some armourless noob with the classic Ash Ketchum skin but with the head on backwards. The iron guy was afk and I didn't want to risk attacking him, so I chased after the noob. His name was yobnomekop and I tried to fight him in the water area, near the spawn entrance to the wild, with my fists. However, he did not fight back, just evaded my punches, and when I asked him why, he said that he was a pacifist. I believe he then offered if I wanted to work together to get ourselves setup and we went back into the forest area and started cutting trees, etc. This went on for a bit before we noticed someone crouched up on the cliff near us. It was 1cec0ld, back when he had a lugia skin, and due to his admin status, we viewed him as a  Arceus . We built the House of Worshippers in his honour and for our own usage as a wild base. It was a crappy two-story wooden house but we were proud of it. We referred to 1ce as the 'Great One' and we were his followers. We also made a sacrificial pit to 1ce, where we'd throw some of our items into lava. For this, 1ce spawned us in some pigs to eat. Immediately after this, I grew bold and asked if we could be gifted with some string, as that was something we needed for bows. He said yes but that we would have to earn it and spawned in about 10 spiders that we had to kill. The day carried on and we setup our area around the house with a gravel mine at the hill, a normal mine under our house and a dry moat surrounding much of our newly established compound. 1ce spawned us in a couple chests full of valuable items, like diamond tools and even made the House of Worshippers a protected region. We relocated all our stuff to the house and Yob even moved his two badges, which were unobtainable items back then, there. I think they were Cinnabar, which was fire, and Saffron, which was portal. At one point 1ce logged off and we viewed this as his death, making a grave for him that he destroyed when he logged back in 5 minutes later. Eventually Yob logged off and I believe that was the last I ever saw of him.

Phase 2: The Great Troll:
The next day I logged on and did some more work on the compound. I remember building a sacred bathing chamber with cooked smooth stone, which was somewhat precious at the time, and I also recall at some point interacting with a user who wanted to join our Great One worshipping religion. After I had done all this, I was just wandering around near the compound before some veteran user ran up and killed me, stealing a heap of precious materials from my inventory. I respawned in the House, grabbed a bunch of other gear and went out to confront this troll. His name was Hixhen and he killed me again and again, depleting my supplies. Eventually, I had exhausted most of my diamond weapons and decided to hide out in the House of Worshippers, which was protected. However, he placed a pressure plate at the door, broke in and killed me again, as PvP was not disabled. My bed was in the House so I kept respawning and attacking him but he set home on the top floor, so he could heal and return whenever he wanted. I didn't realise this and decided to try and barricade the door by creating lava puddles and even set up an arrow dispenser at the door. My efforts were in vein and the carnage continued until Hix eventually logged off. My loud whining in chat attracted the attention of Miosio, who showed up with Djscorsy, who appeared to be going for moderator at the time. Mio, upon realising that 1ce had regioned a random wild house, which was very much against admin rules, immediately unprotected it. Dj then helped clean up the lava, which was nice. 1ce then logged on and Mio started smiting and riding him as punishment. After this event, I was morally broken and left with nothing, the House was unprotected and most of my precious items were gone. However, through means I won't say, I was generously granted 3k to buy an on-map house to recover. This was back before the economy had become corrupted so it was a huge amount that I would never have dreamed of getting, with usually less than $100 in my account. With such a prize, I dreamed of buying a house and creating a police force, inspired by the sign at Pewter about such a thing, to protect users who had gone through the 'horrors' I had faced.

Phase 3: Destruction of the House:
The next day I logged in and headed over to the House of Worshippers to salvage any remaining items before it was inevitably griefed. I even dreamed of preserving the compound under police protection but oh how wrong I was. A group of veteran players decided it would be funny to kill me a destroy the House. They realised that my respawn point was in the House and to prevent me from constantly attacking them, they made a pool of lava where my bed used to be. Whenever I'd respawn, I'd be stuck in the lava and I'd burn to death before I could /spawn and get to the heal sign in Red's house. It took about thirty something tries before I actually managed to make it to the heal sign in time. It was crazy. Once healed up, I walked to the entrance of the wild and saw the House of Worshippers on fire, in the distance, with the veterans running around destroying the compound. I was confronted my a user called ShadowTheKnight1 in Pallet Town who offered to help me retake the House. After an awkward conversation were I tried to avoid adding him on Skype, we got all geared up with stone weaponry and were about to attack when we noticed all the veterans were in iron armour and Shadow immediately gave up. I can't blame him though and was always grateful for his efforts. Unfortunately, everything was destroyed and all the items were stolen, including Yob's badges. This event further fueled my Pewter Police goals and caused me to have a permanent hatred against griefers and veteran players who would abuse noobs. The House of the Worshippers was dead but it's legacy and vision of peace lived on through the Pewter Police Department and myself.

~The End.

Thank you to whoever read my story and sorry it was so long. I always wanted to share it but never did due to the negative result it had on 1ce, assuming he wouldn't want it shared. However, I came to the realisation that he probably doesn't give two shits.
Also, I'm sure some of you may notice that the Yob in my story, Pokemon Gray, was based off this guy, in name and personality.
I realise most of your probably don't care but if you managed to bare through my story and want to read about my next adventure on the server, then please say so. Chapter 3 will be on the creation of the Pewter Police, which is potentially a bit more exciting and relatable to than this one.

I'm quite busy today but will try to get on the server as much as I can to reminisce and celebrate with my friends. I'm wearing my original shark skin for the month as part of my celebrations. Thanks for all the fun over these four years guys!! :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:19:07 am by sharkfin1997 »
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Ad...

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
Re: 4th Year Anniversary!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:00:25 am »
Congratz!  I think I only lasted a year as an active member.  Now I only check the forums like twice a year.