Author Topic: The real misunderstanding of Nightcore.  (Read 5226 times)

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
The real misunderstanding of Nightcore.
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:18 am »
So, as probably few of you know and acknowledge the existence of the two nightcore threads before this, this thread will just clear up what the hell this subgenre is. The real definition of nightcore, is not sped up chipmunk-sounding songs, but instead, sped up trance/dance/handsup songs. Yes, some songs do sound great if they're not trance/dance/handsup. For example; Angel with a shotgun. That was one of the leading songs that started everyone's misunderstanding, and for creators, misuse of the name "nightcore".
Anyways something like this:

Is the more correct use of nightcore, it doesn't have any lyrics to have that chipmunk feel to it, but it gives you a faster beat and has a pick-me-up feel to it.
Not sure if this is media, since I made this video, or discussion since i'm telling you this information. If anyone else makes nightcore, I'm interseted to see what you make.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: The real misunderstanding of Nightcore.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »
Still, where is the talent in speeding up an already existing song?

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:43:11 pm »
Still, where is the talent in speeding up an already existing song?
There doesn't have to be any real talent in speeding up a song. The poeple who listen to nightcore don't listen to it for the pleasure of knowing that someone is good at it. Anyone can make it. You, me and anyone else on the server. No talent in speeding up a song, all it gives is a faster beat and higher pitch, which is meant to uplift people.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 12:50:51 pm »
There doesn't have to be any real talent in speeding up a song. The poeple who listen to nightcore don't listen to it for the pleasure of knowing that someone is good at it. Anyone can make it. You, me and anyone else on the server. No talent in speeding up a song, all it gives is a faster beat and higher pitch, which is meant to uplift people.

People are weird.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:47:14 pm »
People are weird.
That's what makes us so intriguing.

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:14:32 pm »
but why do people even consider it a genre/subgenre/whatever the fuck if it's just sped up songs? why do people speed up already existing songs to "uplift" others when they can just make really fast songs themselves?

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 04:16:13 pm »
To be completely honest anon, i have no fucking clue why it is a genre. People do take it seriously and that i still can't understand. But it's just a label for a video in the end.

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 09:43:00 pm »
but why do people even consider it a genre/subgenre/whatever the fuck if it's just sped up songs? why do people speed up already existing songs to "uplift" others when they can just make really fast songs themselves?
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!