Author Topic: Gameplay Suggestions!  (Read 8267 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Gameplay Suggestions!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »
I got an idea. On the PVP server you could make some dungeons that you have to get past. And those dungeons lead to a boss dungeon with a spawner that makes boss mobs with like alot of health, speed 2, strength 1 etc. And on the Pixelmon server there are also dungeons that you have to do parkour to get to the boss dungeon (The dungeons will be small enough so that a player cant ride on their Pokemon). And in the boss dungeon there could be the shrines of the 3 birds. Obviously the parkour will have to be quite hard to give a proper challenge. I hope you give this a thought.

More like these would spawn legendary mobs (when those are fixed)

I don't know if we'd need to have them change each time. Some dungeons in the original PMD had up to 99 floors. There's no way people are going to memories their way through them.

You'd be surprised.

They are pre-generated, being different each time. But Im sure command blocks or a plugin can do wonders. If we ever did this idea, and could not get pre-generation, we could make a lot of maps for people to use.

Actually, one idea is to have multiple schematics of cave networks from different map seeds and import them upon 'dungeon' generation. Either that, or somethings similar to that mod that creates new worlds accessible through portals.

Also, there's so many dungeons that building multiple versions of all of them would be ridiculous. Tene or I might be able to work something with the new teleportation commands in 1.8 for changing dungeons.

They probably wouldn't change the dungeon, just the player's perspective of it.

Ad...

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »
I think we should have something like the battle tower. There is one challenger, and other pvp participants. It's going to be like a survival game, and the person who gets the most wins get's their name one the wall or something and get a prize. These could be hosted once a week or something. It could be held in battle arena, or tourney arena(if they stay). There could be an entry fee and a progression of players based on mcstats or pvp skill. A problem I can see with this would be a lack of participants. If we could implement BP, it's worth may attract people.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:45 pm »
I think we should have something like the battle tower. There is one challenger, and other pvp participants. It's going to be like a survival game, and the person who gets the most wins get's their name one the wall or something and get a prize. These could be hosted once a week or something. It could be held in battle arena, or tourney arena(if they stay). There could be an entry fee and a progression of players based on mcstats or pvp skill. A problem I can see with this would be a lack of participants. If we could implement BP, it's worth may attract people.

Whats the BP for

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 10:09:19 pm »
Whats the BP for
Perhaps to buy certain items from admins (bedrock, endstone etc.). Or having 1000 or so could get a $10 donor rank. This may have been mentioned in the voting suggestion. not sure.

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 03:07:53 am »
Sounds good sweaty :)

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 05:10:08 pm »
Something else I've been wondering, at its peak, the server's population was around 30+ players a day. What were we doing differently, or what were we doing in terms of gameplay at that time? I remember there were teams, but I don't think it would be the reason for the growth in population.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 05:26:36 pm »
Something else I've been wondering, at its peak, the server's population was around 30+ players a day. What were we doing differently, or what were we doing in terms of gameplay at that time? I remember there were teams, but I don't think it would be the reason for the growth in population.

Nothing's changed, people got bored/got busy.

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 05:33:51 pm »
There was a time when we had 60+ people at one time. There were so many that you couldn't log on and the server slots had to be increased to 80. The reason for this was that Rigby spent a heap of money on advertising.
Maybe when the new map comes, we can spend some of the server's savings on advertising at places like Minestatus.
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 08:34:00 pm »
Nothing's changed, people got bored/got busy.
Yes, but what did they get bored of.