Author Topic: Important: forum option not to be used  (Read 1865 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
I don't know if any of y'all have done this recently, but our current website hosting service doesn't allow mass emails to be sent.

If you create a new post/topic, and open the +Attachments and other options, you'll notice an option called []Announce topic

DON'T USE IT. It sends an email to all #### registered members on the forum, resulting in a mass-email warning from our webhost. I don't know if this was the cause before, but we got warned about it 2 days ago, and I recently un-suspended our account with them via ticket.

Posted by Staff Member, on May 30, 2013, 17:25:24

Hello Jeremy,

Mass mail is strictly prohibited by our Terms Of Service: http://www.hosting24.com/tos.php

You can send no more than 19 emails per minute (using PHP). Additionally, You are allowed to send up to 100 emails/hour.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Did not know about this lol

Wasn't me for sure.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
Lol I've never used that option and I'll make sure to not use it. Thanks for the update.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Lol I've never used that option and I'll make sure to not use it. Thanks for the update.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
I think I figured out the mystery. Every time someone posts, it sends an email to the people who are subscribed to the thread. I was wondering why it wasn't lately, guess I know now. Not sure as to the solution though.

AK49BWL

• Forum Admin
  • Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 8
    • AK49BWL

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email: