Author Topic: Gym Rules Complaint  (Read 2973 times)

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Gym Rules Complaint
« on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »
My complaint isn't about a specific gym, its about the majority of gyms rules. Many of you know that as part of my punishment i have no mcmmo stats or abilities, i'm fine with this, however i have recently noticed that almost every gym's rules are that you can use unarmed or a bow. These are both skills where you need a high level to be able to compete with others.
Since when were gym battles all about high stats? Anybody who is new to the server and is good or bad at PvP will struggle to get a badge because of the stupid rules set in place by the leader.
My suggestion is that the rules should be set by admins because if they are set by the leader, the leader will make rules which give him an advantage.
The rules should be something like this:
Any weapon (no enchants)
Bow
Unarmed
Iron armor

This allows people who excel in different areas of fighting to shine throughout their battles and gives a fair chance to every competitor and leader

Ad...

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
Re: Gym Rules Complaint
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:33:41 pm »
Bow = stone
Unarmed = iron

Tell tht to the gym leaders
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Vithrus

• Fuchsia Leader
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 2
  • Elite 4
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:45:42 pm »
While you were banned, Ice and the admins came up with new rules and such for the gym battles, due to complaints.

Basically, it was you can do whatever and it's max rules requirement.

I used to say, axes only, but then had to change it to "stone weapon" or lower, I.E. you can come with a swords, axe, or unarmed. Same with bows, if you can fight with a bow, you are allowed to fight with your fists, or a flower, or a shovel, if bows were the "max" you could use.

You can ask Ice, but that is what it is atm.

EDIT: Fuchsia is a use anything, armor up to iron (No enchants on anything, pots or dogs etc.) gym, and most are open too, but I'm not sure on all of them.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:48:50 pm »
I agree with Prodigy and i think i get what you are saying Vith.
Honestly i prefer Prods idea over mine, Gym leaders should be informed that challengers can use iron weapons if unarmed is allowed and etc.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:24:51 pm »
Archie, its not an idea its a RULE
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Vithrus

• Fuchsia Leader
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Elite 4
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »
I agree with Prodigy and i think i get what you are saying Vith.
Honestly i prefer Prods idea over mine, Gym leaders should be informed that challengers can use iron weapons if unarmed is allowed and etc.

Yeah, like I said the admins get final say but it can't hurt to bring up your question to em, they might change things around again, not sure.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »
Archie, its not an idea its a RULE
If its a rule then why are people not allowing swords/axes?

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »
They can't do that, it was an Admin Meeting post
I approve

Vithrus

• Fuchsia Leader
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Elite 4
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:34:34 pm »
The updated Admin rule was basically in a nutshell that you had to allow "maxes" - If the gym said "max is unarmed", then you could only do unarmed. If gym said "max stone weapon" then you could use unarmed, stone axe, stone sword, or bow. If gym said "max bow" then you could use bow or unarmed. Same with armor - "Max Iron Armor" is you can stroll in naked, in leather, or in iron.

That's the most recent change to things, but again Archie you might want to grab Oddy and Rigby when you get a chance and ask them, and I hope they see this post and maybe comment.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 08:12:25 pm »
again oddy stated that unarmed = iron, bow = stone
I approve

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »
again oddy stated that unarmed = iron, bow = stone
Yes but prod thats by 1 admin. Im sure there going to have a admin meeting about this. 1 admin just cant change the rules.
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

Tactic

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 02:19:13 am »
The updated Admin rule was basically in a nutshell that you had to allow "maxes" - If the gym said "max is unarmed", then you could only do unarmed. If gym said "max stone weapon" then you could use unarmed, stone axe, stone sword, or bow. If gym said "max bow" then you could use bow or unarmed. Same with armor - "Max Iron Armor" is you can stroll in naked, in leather, or in iron.

That's the most recent change to things, but again Archie you might want to grab Oddy and Rigby when you get a chance and ask them, and I hope they see this post and maybe comment.
Max means anything equal to or lower/weaker. So if unarmed and iron weapons are equal and the rules are max unarmed then iron weapons should be allowed, as well as bows and stone/wooden weapons.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 04:48:57 pm »
Yes but prod thats by 1 admin. Im sure there going to have a admin meeting about this. 1 admin just cant change the rules.

This was an admin meeting a while ago this isn't just my opinion these are the facts if you allow unarmed you allow any weapon of iron quality if you allow bows you allow stone weapons any questions on this feel free to throw them at me
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:16 pm »
Wait, when was this?

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 05:38:38 pm »
Wait, when was this?

Admin meeting march 29th
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.