Author Topic: Gym Reconstruction  (Read 6733 times)

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Gym Reconstruction
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:44:33 pm »
Its something we have all experienced and when you are the challenger its a big pain in the ass. Gyms are being reconstructed/remodelled ALL THE TIME. my point is that its frustrating for people who want to progress, and therefore i think that there should be a rule that if a gym is being remodelled but its gym leader is online. The gym leader must accept challenges and either fight in their arena or somewhere secure in the wild. It solves the problem of badges being unobtainable because gym leaders wont fight due to their gym being remodelled. I hope admins make something of this  :D

Ad...

liquidfired

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Unregistered Member (Error 114: Needs Activation)
    • Liquidfired's Channel of Awesomeness
Re: Gym Reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:56:21 pm »
I agree, as every new gym leader comes in action, they ruin the perfectly good puzzles and just remodel it for their preference. It's annoying when Gym Leaders always don't accept challenge for a  reason of Remodeling.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »
Though I fully agree I do find a flaw as it allows some to bypass most of the point of a gym.

Maybe make the challenger go through another gyms obsticle course?

Also I know my gym remodel was required by an admin not by choice
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »
What war said. A gym leader can NOT remodel their gym unless approval by an admin, which an admin should never agree on unless it's urgent. If I see a gym leader remodel, I ask who they got permission from and ask for the reason. "Because I want a cool course" is NOT a reason.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:29:45 pm »
In addition, every leader must lead for a week before any chance of remodel approval.
Although I do like the idea of a secure place in the wild.

"I want to remodel, but I am vulnerable to challengers not having to do the course while I'm working, so I'd better hurry my ass up"

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »
In addition, every leader must lead for a week before any chance of remodel approval.

"I want to remodel, but I am vulnerable to challengers not having to do the course while I'm working, so I'd better hurry my ass up"
Vermillion Gym want supposed to take that long 1ce. Its just that it was so complicated and done from scratch, (ik ur refencing to me don't try to cover it up lol)
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:35 pm »
No prodigy, I made you do that complete remodel, and I knew it would take a while. I might have been a bit irked at how long tnguyen1 took to finish his combo lock, but thats in the past.
Back on subject here. I simply dislike the remodels that take forever, since leaders seem to be so confident that they can use that to reject challengers.

Equin0x

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9
  • Hey! Whats up? :winkyface:
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:52:17 pm »
Shouldn't take THAT long. Me and Oddy remodeled our gym a few days before 1.1 came out and finished in a couple hours.
You hvae jsut been mwbdoilnn. Hvae a good day and tlel yuor fnidres!

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:40 pm »
No prodigy, I made you do that complete remodel, and I knew it would take a while. I might have been a bit irked at how long tnguyen1 took to finish his combo lock, but thats in the past.
Back on subject here. I simply dislike the remodels that take forever, since leaders seem to be so confident that they can use that to reject challengers.
This is gonna cause everyone to rage. The ladder block is back in 1.2 due to many pissed custom map makers.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 12:01:56 am »
I got over it. Worst case: I have backups from back in October. I can literally roll parts of the map back over 4 months. So if any gym leader realizes he wants the old ladder parkour back, I can do that favor.
There is no need for a ton of rage, since the return of it doesnt actually break anything like it did last time. It just means that gyms had to rethink some things, and make the gyms more varied due to it.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 12:03:47 am »
1ce, you're always 3 months ahead (behind?)
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:59 am »
I'm a hoarder, I don't get rid of things.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12:48 am »
No1 plays my game? :( (u believe it's called a "pack rat" for gaming)
I approve

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 12:16:26 am »
I clicked the link, but got a lot of code. That was with the Chrome version. I'll get my ethernet plugged in and see if it opens up a port that might be blocked.

Edit: NoScript was blocking, neat game, works with my firefox.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:27:46 am by 1cec0ld »

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 06:39:46 am »

As for the secure place in the wild. We built the battle tower for a reason :)