Author Topic: TEAM ROCKET!!!!!  (Read 10884 times)

cabass

• Banned
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -39
  • Huntsman, if you need an assassin, just mail me.
Re: TEAM ROCKET!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:05 am »
yeah, even if we ain't on mctop we are still damn quality fightiners

Ad...

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 08:15:59 am »
NO GYM LEADERS ALLOWED. SORRY.

I do Remember In the Manga Pokemon Adventures 3 Or 4 Gymleaders were apart of Team rocket Elites Idk just putting it out there

Ranks = I got this of Bulbapida

Boss Giovanni, Madame Boss
Executive Proton, Archer, Ariana, Petrel
Elite Officer Domino, Iron-Masked Marauder, Miyamoto, Pierce
Scientist Professor Sebastian, Dr. Zager, Dr. Namba
High-Ranking Officer Attila, Hun, Tyson
Agent Jessie, James, Meowth, Butch, Cassidy
Supplier Mondo
DogsbodyTeam Rocket Grunts
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:20:11 am by hobo4chompy »

tnguyen1

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: 15
  • Zeref The Dark Mage
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
Who ever is trying to make team rocket we have a more better thing than a team it AN EVENT/CONTEST. please read this post made by oddy if your interested  in playing the game/event and it will be fun
Post made by Oddy:

http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=2967.0

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »
 I like the idea of a Team Rocket. However I need to apologize I do not agree with the idea of dooghts version of Team Rocket.

When I joined this server, I had the idea of making a team rocket, come the time when I ranked up further, but given the chance to explain my idea's now that finding this thread I will just display them while answering the questions asked by Paradox (we love you paradox :D) on page one.

Basically my idea I had of a team rocket, was a Team that would add more of an RPG aspect to the strategic simulation you guys have already created.  Basically this team would be run by an admin, and players combined and they will at random times a month, or year (defiantly not days or weeks cause that would be too often), can do giant events for all members of the server to enjoy.  Like Team Rocket takes over the Silph Co. Building, Rockets take over Mt. Moon, or the base invasion in Celadon City.  For players that defeat these events, they receive a special surprise.  I will give an example of one of these rocket events.
Team Rocket has taken over Silph Co.  attempting the steal their newest most powerful invention (the master ball).  Players of the server will be allowed to enter the Silph Co. building, and they will enter a pvp area, where groups of Team Rocket members reside, On each floor there are more members, and the server players will be expected to fight their way to the top. Where they will fight the boss (an admin that will not fighting overly op and godlike, but still extremely difficult to beat).  For each player to defeat the boss they receive a prize item.  Like a diamond sword with awesome enchants, a bow, or like 25 cakes.

That is just one idea I have about Team Rocket.  Other then their monthly events, they will also be a team.  Most likely the strongest team on the server. They will move in groups of 3-4, or how many you have in your "Party", and just attack people that are moving un-protected in the pvp areas around the server. 

Yeah, let me throw this topic back on track:

Team Rocket ideas pop up every few months and so and I hate to break it to you, but it won't work. There is simply no good way to implement a team rocket on this server. If you can suggest a way to actually make this idea work, that would be awesome. But it's a lot harder than it seems to just make Team Rocket. Do they have titles? What's their ranks? What's the role on the server? Can Team Rocket members be trainers/gym leaders/elite? What's their permissions? Where's the base (If they have one)? You open a whole can of worms with this idea, I just suggest thinking this through before you dive head-first into it.

Yes they have Titles.  Well depends on what you mean by title.  My idea of titles is the ranking system.  Anyone can join team rocket (after completing an initiation battle round against another member on the team), and when you enter then you are made a regular Grunt.   Then as a Grunt, obviously you can rank up, to rank up is by beating somewhere of a higher rank then you and meeting requirements to rank up.  For example.  A grunt James, has reached the requirements to become an Agent, and is ready to take a test to do so.  Mind you I don't know of the requirements yet, cause I still don't understand fully the ranking system of the server itself, so I'll add those later, but for the high high ranks like executive or elite officer, a donation to the server is required.  So James must battle Jessie. In a one on one match to rank up, if he wins. He goes up a rank, and if he loses he stays the same.  If Jessie loses she is demoted a rank, to the next available spot.  Which would be Grunt, or Agent if a spot is still open amongst the Agents.
*The ranking/title system I will continue to figure out better, once I have figure out the ranking system and the title system already apart of the server.

The ranks.  I thank you Hobo for posting the ranking list given on Bulbapedia, saves me the effort of having to go their myself.  In my mind I had an idea of using the same ranking system removing Supplier and Scientist, cause of two reasons.  1. Being the rank itself in the show, doesn't hold any real support to the team that would give much reason on this pvp server, especially since both jobs of the ranks is the basic survival skills of Minecraft that you can do yourself for the team anyways as any rank. 2. They hold no combat properties, and this server is mostly based on the combat system in place.  So really other then standing around and rolling your thumbs while you walk in circles for crops to grow is foolish.  So the ranking system would be like this from highest to lowest rank;

Boss: An admin like role, or a rank just below
Executive: A high donator role, also containing the correct requirements.
Elite Officer: A medium donator role, also containing the correct requirements.
High-Ranking Officer: A small donator role, also containing the correct requirements.
Agent: Someone who has been a part of the team for a fair amount of time, and meets the correct requirements.
Dogsbody (Grunts): A new member to the team, that has completed their initiation round.

Each role can only contain a certain amount of members.  For example;
Boss: Two members, consisting of either two admins, one admin and a highly esteemed donator, or two highly esteemed donators
Executive: Four member's of Large donator's
Elite Officer: Four Member's of medium donator's
High-Ranking Officer: 6 Member's of small donator's
Agent: 8 member's of people that meet's the requirements
Dogsbody (Grunts): Unlimited amount.
*Mind you these number's are all subject to change, depending on balance, and population of server.

Now the question that seems to stand at large is if Rockets, can be trainer's/gym leaders/elites?  Of course they should be allowed.  Why should someone be penalized and lose other in game titles/ranks for broadening their career?  As a Gym Leader, or Elite. The rocket would be required the follow the same rules as any other player on the server, especially inside of a Gym, or as an Elite.  Just think of this as like Club on the server, for everyone to make friends easier and quicker. Especially for those that have a hard time doing so.

They have equal permissions, but other nice benefits, like allowance into the Team Rocket Headquarters, and being on the other side during events where team rocket takes over a corporation or area.

Their base will be held inside the underground Rocket base in Celadon city.  That seems most fit in my opinion.

It's true this project is extra ginormous in proportions.  Which is why I still have much to research (in the server. I know almost anything about the Team Rocket organization), before bringing this idea up again (there you go a fore shadowing of me telling you I WILL BRING THIS IDEA UP AGAIN).  So really in my opinion is right now, unless someone puts as much thought into it as I already have, and then some do it.  But if not, it's best to leave it till it has been fully thought of.

Also with the creation of this project, then you can't leave out other teams people can join, for example; Magma, Aqua, Plasma, and Galactic.  In addition their can be other teams, like Police Forces (I have noticed that this kind of idea is already started), or Pokemon Fan Club.   Doing the same idea, cause if there was only Team Rocket, EVERYONE would try to join just for the other even aspect.  Also having other teams, can add some Team PVP, or an opportunity for other teams to part take in these special Events.

TL;DR  A whole bunch of zany ideas I have had before I even joined the server, thus one of my main plans when I joined the server.  Obviously with this huge team rocket advertising I have and James fetish.  I love the idea of having a team rocket, but I don't think the server is ready, and I don't agree with your idea's dooghts.  Though I would be more then happy to discuss and help you with the idea if you allow me too.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »
Who ever is trying to make team rocket we have a more better thing than a team it AN EVENT/CONTEST. please read this post made by oddy if your interested  in playing the game/event and it will be fun
Post made by Oddy:

http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=2967.0

I assumed that Team Rocket invasions was already being done in events. The only problem, and idea I have in difference for it though, is that what if you want to be on Team Rocket's side for the invasion, that would make it just that much more fun, and allow many different the chances to battle each other, meet, and create new friendships.  Which is what Minecraft is all about. (In my opinion)

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »
Epic trolls... That makes Bespinben Team Rocket by himself.

:rotf:
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 05:16:58 pm »
Wow Python that is quite a bit of thinking that you have done there. I must say I do like the idea but maybe putting a limit on the number of grunts too to prevent the causing of everyone trying to be in team rocket and thus keeping it more fair. Also make it so there is a time out similar to gym leader where people need to be active to remain on the team. Other than that it sounds good as long as there is enough people on the server to support it. But best of luck  :D
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 09:26:10 am »
Wow Python that is quite a bit of thinking that you have done there. I must say I do like the idea but maybe putting a limit on the number of grunts too to prevent the causing of everyone trying to be in team rocket and thus keeping it more fair. Also make it so there is a time out similar to gym leader where people need to be active to remain on the team. Other than that it sounds good as long as there is enough people on the server to support it. But best of luck  :D
Yeah I was thinking too about that, putting a limit on grunts, but i don't know what that limit will be just yet, and if there isn't any other teams in the server then maybe having an unlimited amount would be fair when the server has a lot of members, cause it will eventually even itself out.  Though if we make a Team Magma, Aqua, Plasma, and Galactic, then a limit would be a must. 

An active log in time out is a perfect idea.  That will also definitely need to be added, thanks for the suggestion.

ryancpexpert

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -53
  • Ex Kanto Champion #GaryOakStatus
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 10:40:09 pm »
It seems that every team rocket group/clan created on the server ends up missing. I even belive the person that started this thread has disappeared. Its like in the games when you beat Giovanni for the last time you never see them again in the game.
-IGN: ryancpexpert (Ryan)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-EX Kanto Champion
Sure you have won plenty of battles but remember that 100x0 will always be 0

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 12:16:54 am »
I never disappeared, I just disbanded it when I started it, almost 2 years ago.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 01:58:02 am »
I never disappeared, I just disbanded it when I started it, almost 2 years ago.

Two years later, they reform. For Kanto 3.0

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:03 pm »
Here's how I view teamrocket. If I were to be implemented in, I would make it a diverging path. In a lot of games, you can go down one path and it locks out the other paths. I think if you become a team rocket, you no longer have access to becoming a trainer/gym leader/elite. Those aren't the goals of Team Rocket. Once you're in, you're in. Of course you can leave and such but as a Team Rocket member, the objective of the server is different. Rather than trying to get badges and become the best, you're trying to be apart of Team Rocket and aid it in it's goal. I don't know what those goals are, it's up to the leader. In any case, I think that would make it that much funner. Do you want to stay on the good route of being a trainer, making the world a better place? Or do you want to go on the off-beaten track, to watch the world burn. Make it a different system in every single way.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2013, 02:54:36 pm »
Here's how I view teamrocket. If I were to be implemented in, I would make it a diverging path. In a lot of games, you can go down one path and it locks out the other paths. I think if you become a team rocket, you no longer have access to becoming a trainer/gym leader/elite. Those aren't the goals of Team Rocket. Once you're in, you're in. Of course you can leave and such but as a Team Rocket member, the objective of the server is different. Rather than trying to get badges and become the best, you're trying to be apart of Team Rocket and aid it in it's goal. I don't know what those goals are, it's up to the leader. In any case, I think that would make it that much funner. Do you want to stay on the good route of being a trainer, making the world a better place? Or do you want to go on the off-beaten track, to watch the world burn. Make it a different system in every single way.

That's a good idea.  Reminder if you leave Team Rocket to go on a Trainer's pokemon adventure, if you ever want to rejoin Team Rocket, you would have to rejoin as the lowest rank, and rank up again.

Only issue;  Team Rocket does run a gym in the games,  they run several Gym's in the manga, and none in the anime.  I stand by the idea that Team Rocket Member's still can take part in Gym Battles, and can become leader's, elite's, or Champion.

I just look at this way.   Is Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, and Gym Leader of Viridian?  The eighth, and most powerful gym in the Kanto region.  Also did N, defeat the Pokemon championship becoming the champion (for the all of 5 minutes that I let him. > :)  ).
*Obviously N is not apart of Team Rocket, but he still is the Prince of an orginization like Team Rocket (in a messed up heroic, cynical kind of way)

The server does seem to based mostly off the games, and if this is in the games, then why not have it also on the server?  Just if a Team Rocket member was to rule a gym, or become the champion. He must abide by the same rules as everyone else.

P.S. We love you Paradox
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:06:12 pm by Pythonhier »

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »
I wrote an entire page of response and it got erased so here's the abridged version:

1) Ranks. Too many already. They're already pushing the boundaries  Adding a fourth layer is a terrible idea. We'd have to make literally 20 more ranks, maybe even more. Too much.

2) Rivalry. I think it would be awesome if I was a trainer and I see a Team Rocket and I felt this hatred towards him and vise versa. It's like we're enemies. It adds depth to the server. You're actually fighting for a side: Good or bad. If you mix trainers and Team Rocket together, then it's not the same. Who do you fall allegiance to? If we had a battle of TR vs. trainers, where would those that are both go? I think rivalry would be awesome.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »
I wrote an entire page of response and it got erased so here's the abridged version:

1) Ranks. Too many already. They're already pushing the boundaries  Adding a fourth layer is a terrible idea. We'd have to make literally 20 more ranks, maybe even more. Too much.

2) Rivalry. I think it would be awesome if I was a trainer and I see a Team Rocket and I felt this hatred towards him and vise versa. It's like we're enemies. It adds depth to the server. You're actually fighting for a side: Good or bad. If you mix trainers and Team Rocket together, then it's not the same. Who do you fall allegiance to? If we had a battle of TR vs. trainers, where would those that are both go? I think rivalry would be awesome.
I have yet to understand "Ranks/Titles", to figure out the difference. I so far assumed that a "Title" is like Trainer, Gym Leader, Elite, and Champion.  While Rank is "User, Donators, and Admin".   So if following it under that cloud of thought.  Team Rocket would create another group of titles, or each rank in their division.  For example; "[T.R. Grunt] Pythonhier".  Then that would remove their display of gym leader, etc which would be a problem.  So unless people wanted to make the time for someone's title to display two titles, then I guess Team Rocket members can't be leaders, or elites.  For example; "[T.R Grunt - Johto Leader] Pythonhier".

Rivalry will be created, which would add a whole barrel of monkey's worth of fun.  Expecially if you also include Team Magma, Aqua, Plasma, and Galactic, cause then their will also be evil team Rivalry's.