Poll

Do you think Gyms should require an overall Power lvl to challenge?

Yes!
8 (33.3%)
Depends on the Gym.
4 (16.7%)
No, this is absurd Good Sir!
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 11, 2012, 08:40:06 pm

Author Topic: Power levels and Gyms.  (Read 21293 times)

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: -654
  • Burn it to the Ground
Power levels and Gyms.
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:40:07 pm »
So McMmo a neat plugin we have all come to enjoy. Lately Gym leaders are requiring Challengers to have an overall power level of so much before you can challenge. While some see it as a benefit to help cut down on noob challengers. Others see it as a hobble against Skilled players that just haven't taken the time to truly invest time into trivial matters. Admin's would like to hear your thoughts and Ideas about it in this tread, and hear you threw a Vote. Please vote and take part to help better our community.

Ad...

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
Re: Power levels and Gyms.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »
No, it should never be required to have a certain mcmmo skill. Everyone should have equal rights to gyms.

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:25:57 pm »
I am a strong supporter of skill > stats. I feel this an excuse for gym leaders to be lazy. I understand maybe being challenged all day by noobs is hard but that's the life of a gym leader. A way to help cut down on this would be to limit gym challenges a day not to force people to grind. It was one of our first things as we opened Kanto gyms. Challenges comes first No matter what. They bring their own supplies, Cant challenge the same Gym more then a few times a day, and Plugins never inflicted with challengers/challenges themselves. I disprove.

CKDavid

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:55:49 pm »
I agree that the power level requirements should be removed, especially the higher ones such as 600. I can definitely understand why the requirements were made, but there are people who have trained up to around 300 and still can't access every gym. Perhaps there should be a universal power level for gyms set at 100 or something.

Equin0x

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9
  • Hey! Whats up? :winkyface:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »
I am by no means against having a limit or not. The thing is that most players automatically join the server and challenge a gym keeping in mind "how hard can it be?". Then they lose and complain then re-challenge. Sure its not a problem with 2-3 people back to back but once there's a massive new player infestation and there's like 15 challenging you at once and complaining, it becomes a huge pain in the ass especially if your unlucky enough to be the only gym leader online at that time (I've experienced that).
You hvae jsut been mwbdoilnn. Hvae a good day and tlel yuor fnidres!

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 10:53:07 pm »
Heres an idea, maybe open up your gym so they can go about atleast like the first course without you there so atleast they can master that n die a few times before they try it again? let them play in box A 24/7 but let them progress to box's B-H when your taking their challenge?

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 11:32:46 pm »
Problems:
1 gym leader at a time (it was a mid day weekend today and we had 4 omg)
No one wants to be a gym leader because of no perks
No one wants newbies swarming the only gym leader online, esp when we give them no choice
Almost Every Gym leader that is active is an elite 4 contender, meaning we expect people with no powerlevel (powerlevel translates into time on the server as well) to defeat members strong enough to fight the elite 4.

When Johto Opens and those leaders can transfer to the harder region, then maybe Kanto will be full of "i have 101 swords gimme leader rank"
But until then, we are too strong over in Kanto. New players cant handle it. (Rigby and Oddy may be exceptions to this. Don't go pointing out individuals who break the mold)

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:11:18 am »
Like I said it open a part and then it allows noobs to play in a small part to practice in so gymleaders wont be bumrushed? Maybe wouldntwork with TONS of traffic but idk

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:59 pm »
How about opening a public parkour course; because, most new players dont have experience with this so they will continue to challenge until they get it being as its the only true practice they can get. Just a thought but yea if u put it somewhere in the wild away from everything maybe make a warp sign to it, this might help the issue.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »
also to avoid a cluster on one preset course you could make 3 practices courses of different difficulty easy intermediate and hard type style so people can work up and split up the traffic a bit
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:50:26 pm »
Honestly, this is the POINT of co-leaders. Just work something out with your co-leader. You take gym battles every other day, and he takes it on your off day. Make sure you guys are both active. Now you have one free day. Wabam.

liquidfired

• Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Unregistered Member (Error 114: Needs Activation)
    • Liquidfired's Channel of Awesomeness
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 05:15:57 am »
^

zombiedood

• The Tin Man
  • Burn it to the Ground
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »
I still suggest maybe like oddy said a map Course with different levels or my idea of the gyms keeping an open training area in ea gym

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 12:41:32 pm »
I don't know, the parkour course sounds like a good idea but for some reason I get the odd feeling that the open gyms will be easily abused >_>

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:26 pm »
I mean, considering that gyms are PVP, people that are trolls can just camp the first course and let no one try it out >_>