Poll

McMMO or Heroes?

McMMO
Heroes
Other?: (Reply with a different suggestion)

Author Topic: McMMO vs. Heroes  (Read 17981 times)

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 8
Re: McMMO vs. Heroes
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 02:11:13 am »
McMMO I worked to hard on my stats for them all to be thrown away to shit, NOW MAYBE I would consider heros if we would get some sort of compensation for all my hard work.  :dunno:

Compensation added, rethink your opinion
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:07:57 am by 1cec0ld »

Ad...

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:21 am »
If I get a skill boost right at the start to match my awesome power level in mcmmo, heroes is fine.

But I voted for mcmmo.

Compensation added, rethink your opinion.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:08:15 am by 1cec0ld »
[url

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10:55 am »
Out of the EIGHT people who posted an opinion, 4 mmentioned their old stats. Now that compensation is added to the fucking first post, give me a FUCKING REASON not to use Heroes.

Hixhen, Prodigy, not included, because their reasons were actually legitimate.

For the rest of you thick-headed dolts, you suck at logical thinking. THANK YOU FOR READING.

Omastar

• PokeFan
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 7
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 03:18:25 am »
I think we should continue using mcmmo
There are reasons why we should keep mcmmo and not implement the Heroes plugin, such as mcmmo being much more simple and we already know how to use it
But ultimately it is the admin team's decision about which plugin we should use.

Compensation added, rethink your opinion

Opinion rethought
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:14:41 am by 1cec0ld »

SlamBamActionman

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 1
  • Skier Trainer
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 03:26:44 am »
Ok, so i guess this if finally my chance to get a saying in this. Have you guys ever noticed how RIDICULOUSLY high peoples mcmmo stats have been? A guy with 5000 in Power Level can easily beat the crap out of any noob, no matter what kind of weaponry. Also, most fights tend to be three seconds short, mainly because someone fucks you up using some highleveled axe skill. Suuuure, no newly joined guy shouldn't be able to beat a veteran, but leveling up mcmmo takes too long! If I were to try to level up my swords skill to let's say 300 from 0, it'd take several weeks, and by then the gym leader i was going to beat with those skills have leveled up ANOTHER 100-200 levels. Basicly, those who joined early got all the easy cheese, while those who join in later on have to work twice as hard to earn all them badges.

I havn't checked out Heroes, i will now and leave a response, but if you were to pick mcmmo, i would heighten the requirement for leveling up, and decreasing peoples levels. That way it would be easier for people who have lower levels to beat over-powered players.

If you wonder how it would be done, i could show you an example. A 100 swords guy facing one with 400, who will win? Obvious. Let's say that they've earned 10000 respectively 40000 exp each (not real Mcmmo requirements!). If we instead of 100 exp for each level, why not make it 200, or even 400? Then it'd be 25 vs 100, which in my opinion is way fairer odds. Sure, it will still be as hard to get exp, but those who got tons wont have the same advantage.

EDIT: I've checked Heroes now, and tbh, I'm not fully sure which plugin we should have. Mcmmo is good for people who want to be the one-man army, without any other weakness than other, more powerful one-man armies. Heroes on the other hand adds more teamwork to it, but there is the possibility that one class would be more powerful than the other, and thus everyone would pick that class.

What i want you to know is that you should not be afraid. It's your server, you should not hesitate to nerf something if it needs it so critically. Sure, maybe a couple of guys get mad, but doesn't that happen every time Obama does something? I'm not siding on any plugin, just giving comments here.

-Slaum ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:48:47 am by SlamBamActionman »
[url

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 16
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 03:55:27 am »
Out of the EIGHT people who posted an opinion, 4 mmentioned their old stats. Now that compensation is added to the fucking first post, give me a FUCKING REASON not to use Heroes.

Hixhen, Prodigy, not included, because their reasons were actually legitimate.

For the rest of you thick-headed dolts, you suck at logical thinking. THANK YOU FOR READING.

Ouch! my liver!
I'll check it out, you'll hear from me again later this week, or not. MWUHAHAHHA
[url

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:01 am »
Two things, 1. I don't even fucking understand the first post 1ce, call me a derp but explaining it would be helpful. 2. Slambam, a perfect example to prove you wrong is me. I came onto the server in late august, and got banned for 1-2 months (can't remember) So in all reality I actually joined the server in September/October. I came onto this server looking for adventure, (and a bit of trolling). So I came on and me and my friends found the underground duengon of Zombies Mountain. So we trained trained and trained untill we finally all got elite, then I dropped out of elite, challenged for champ, and won. I had to build from the ground up, and train train train to get to where I am. Any noob can do it, they just have to commit to doing it. Stats don't make the deciding factor, sure they play a big role but they are NOT the deciding factor. An example is (don't take offense to this) is Pricey447. Price has 1K axes in his aresenal, but he quotes all the time "I suck at PVP" Even with the 1K axes, he still lost some elite fights.... That's all I haz to say.. For now

Rigby

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 04:16:47 am »
There's always an exception to every rule, I was one, but that doesn't keep me from believing that most people should be considered over a very select group.

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 04:19:07 am »
Rigby your apart of the ewie group  :fart:

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 04:20:50 am »
Why is everybody fighting?  :( 

I've never tried Heroes before, and am curious, but for now, i like mcmmo and all its perks. We all know how to use it, and well, I guess we'll see what happens.. :-\

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 04:26:07 am »
Although we'll get our stats back i still really dont like it. Ive used heroes on many servers and i have to agree with Hix. Its very dull and a pain to get used to. Anyone who has used mcmmo for a long time will not like the change

SlamBamActionman

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 1
  • Skier Trainer
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 04:29:58 am »
Two things, 1. I don't even fucking understand the first post 1ce, call me a derp but explaining it would be helpful. 2. Slambam, a perfect example to prove you wrong is me. I came onto the server in late august, and got banned for 1-2 months (can't remember) So in all reality I actually joined the server in September/October. I came onto this server looking for adventure, (and a bit of trolling). So I came on and me and my friends found the underground duengon of Zombies Mountain. So we trained trained and trained untill we finally all got elite, then I dropped out of elite, challenged for champ, and won. I had to build from the ground up, and train train train to get to where I am. Any noob can do it, they just have to commit to doing it. Stats don't make the deciding factor, sure they play a big role but they are NOT the deciding factor. An example is (don't take offense to this) is Pricey447. Price has 1K axes in his aresenal, but he quotes all the time "I suck at PVP" Even with the 1K axes, he still lost some elite fights.... That's all I haz to say.. For now

Question: Was that with the use of mob spawner?
[url

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 04:31:49 am »
finally me and Bjz agree on something. Pricey is crap at PvP. He even admits it. Who wouldnt be crap if they were playing on a laptop with no mouse and about 17FPS. Slam we see what your getting at. But you have weighed down the side of mcmmo. Mcmmo helps but it doesnt decide. Another Example: I fought Rewas plenty of times in E4. I had 850 Taming and he fucked up my dogs easy. We fought and very little of the battle relied on mcmmo. It was all potions and enchants. And who do you think is going to win? A Mac OR A Custom Built Gaming Computer.

I rest my case

Tactic

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 04:51:31 am »
I know the pain of playing on a laptop with no mouse. Especially when your not even used to it. I am getting used to it tho sort of. Any way I have to agree with bjz and Archie. Battles aren't just won by stats but they are won by skill and technique. And there is no point complaining that people have too high stats because you can get high stats if you don't complain and just train hard. Also I believe thats the point of pokemon to train hard and strive to succeed.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:59:37 am by Tactic »

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 05:09:36 am »
I agree with everyone  :D !

Also Slam, no it was just a dark mob room where I trained, trained, and trained.