Author Topic: LVL CAP!  (Read 6211 times)

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
LVL CAP!
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »
challengers neeed  a level cap now before they all go through the region and get every single badge in 1 day. make the gyms more challenging plz. to me the pewter gym leader being leader is a total waste of my time. considering i haven't won one single battle since i became leader, out of about 20 or 30 challenges. i simply get crushed by the noobest of noobs. just bottom line please at least consider a level cap for challengers please.
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

Ad...

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
Re: LVL CAP!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:07:24 pm »
can I have my badge at least...
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 11:22:53 pm »
I can explain to you exactly why you are getting crushed by high leveled challengers.

The gym system is essentially a funnel, which you blocked up. You claimed the leader position for the first gym, then went inactive for a few days. What do you think everyone did while you were offline? They trained. The funnel began to fill up. Then when you got online and got challenged by people who had been training while waiting for you, the funnel was suddenly unblocked, and everything came rushing through.

If leaders, especially the earlier leaders such as yourself, are more active then you will have closer matches. If you stay active, I'm sure the level differences will decrease as trainers can start challenging you before they have time to build up to higher levels.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:55:02 am »
I would have used a constipation and diarrhea analogy but the funnel works.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 03:55:58 am »
I can explain to you exactly why you are getting crushed by high leveled challengers.

The gym system is essentially a funnel, which you blocked up. You claimed the leader position for the first gym, then went inactive for a few days. What do you think everyone did while you were offline? They trained. The funnel began to fill up. Then when you got online and got challenged by people who had been training while waiting for you, the funnel was suddenly unblocked, and everything came rushing through.

If leaders, especially the earlier leaders such as yourself, are more active then you will have closer matches. If you stay active, I'm sure the level differences will decrease as trainers can start challenging you before they have time to build up to higher levels.
you can catch wild pokemon easily above his level cap, within 10 minutes on teh server i had a 29 arbok a 39 machoke and a 27 poliwhirl, all with regular pokeballs and my starter not even level 10
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 05:13:34 pm »
Daanor i got grounded... and it was about 0.5% my fault. and also since i became leader i haven't been challenged by anyone with under a level 20 pokemon(aka i haven't won 1 ssingle battle since i became leader, and i have had about 30 or so challengers...)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »
now lemme ask again level cap please :P
- CELADON LEADER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »
I'll bet all the other leaders will tell you they are being beaten left and right to.
- CELADON LEADER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 05:17:36 pm »
Ik that a trainer level cap isn't in game but in game you don't have master balls and you can't catch level 40 pokemon right off the bat either. So we need to compinsate for that or everyone will beat all the gyms within a week.
- CELADON LEADER

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:21 pm »
I think the gym caps should be raised, or have more experience required to level up. When you first get your starter, it only takes like 2 battles to get into the pewter level cap, and it's super easy to level up 10-30

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:44 am »
If you have masterballs u can level up a pokemon from 1 to like 25 in on battle if you do it right.
- CELADON LEADER

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 10:50:28 am »
This is the reason why I retired

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 01:19:07 pm »
I wasn't focused on catching high level pokemon, so I didn't experience the quick level jumps in the beginning that it seems many people have gotten. In the game, certain level pokemon would not obey you unless you had certain badges. A solution would be to implement this, or to make it impossible to get pokemon that are above a certain level until a specific badge is earned. But this sounds like a feature that would have to be implemented by pixelmon itself.

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 01:22:28 pm »
But that only happened for traded Pokemon!

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 03:22:18 pm »
I wasn't focused on catching high level pokemon, so I didn't experience the quick level jumps in the beginning that it seems many people have gotten. In the game, certain level pokemon would not obey you unless you had certain badges. A solution would be to implement this, or to make it impossible to get pokemon that are above a certain level until a specific badge is earned. But this sounds like a feature that would have to be implemented by pixelmon itself.