Author Topic: Castelia suggestion  (Read 2550 times)

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Castelia suggestion
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:06 pm »
So i was thinking that some of the buildings in castelia are overshadowed by the great builds like the Mega pokemon center.
And i was pondering about how we could give each building the spotlight it deserves. SO
I think that for scaling we should refer to the games. However for building looks we should refer to this picture which captures the true beauty of the buildings

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
Re: Castelia suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:28:06 pm »
Also i think that Smooth stone should be a large resort as i see it in almost every buidling project ive seen and i've come to see it as an over used and bad looking material, So if you can. Dont use smooth stone, use grey wool or something

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:29:45 pm »
Good idea.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 12:53:27 am »
Here is the problem i see with that picture. As we know, the buildings will never be tall enough. As a side note, the taller we make things the crappier it will look as the server loading will only load the bottom half of the building. I would love to see more detail in the buildings but NO ONE is building them. The only reason there are so many that look the same is because I followed a default layout and threw up a few buildings to make it more complete. In the game most of the buildings are pretty plain and if we go off of concept art like that then we will just end up with more dissapointments down the road. I see where you are coming from with this but I cant see the point in trying to design a city off of concept art.

Though Archie. You have access to Unova now so if you want to build the rest of Castelia the way you are thinking, thats fine by me and we can compare the two halves of Castelia and go from there.
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:41:23 am »
I'm changing the stone to wool. It does in fact look better, and it doesn't look the best having two adjacent building made fro mthe same material.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:19:05 am »
I see your point War. Do think about the Stone suggestion as everytime i download a pokemon map. EVERYTHING is stone. Its just so boring

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »
Take a look at Castelia now. Looks a lot better without as much stone