Author Topic: make the gym easier to challenge.  (Read 4946 times)

r1579

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -8
  • "A life is like a line. long but easy to break..."
make the gym easier to challenge.
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:04:24 pm »
on the pixelmon server, the idea of level caps needs to be more enforced. It would be more fun and interesting to be fighting the leader with the same exact level Pokémon. nowadays I see the leaders almost unable to win a battle because it's so easy to beat them when the limit is ten levels higher then the leader's Pokémon. This also brings up another issue, there needs to be a way to nerf the challengers team temporarily so they don't have to catch and raise new Pokémon to be able to challenge certain leaders. The idea of having to catch different pokemon to fight a leader is just wrong. when you play the real Pokémon game you use the team you have and stick with it, not catch 5 more just to face one person, only to have to do it again. It would be more challenging and less of a hassle to just lower the levels of the challengers team so they can still use their own team and still be able to face any leader without a problem.

- have 8 kanto badges.
- have 7 johto badges.
- current KANTO Champion!
"I remembered someone who would die to save the world. Where is that person now?! if you cannot even muster up the courage to stand up to the enemy, how do you think you can obtain this ideal world of peace? rise up almighty hero and save us from the looming death above!"

Ad...

Colindeng2

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -4
  • The True Innovater
Re: make the gym easier to challenge.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:27:28 am »
on the pixelmon server, the idea of level caps needs to be more enforced. It would be more fun and interesting to be fighting the leader with the same exact level Pokémon. nowadays I see the leaders almost unable to win a battle because it's so easy to beat them when the limit is ten levels higher then the leader's Pokémon. This also brings up another issue, there needs to be a way to nerf the challengers team temporarily so they don't have to catch and raise new Pokémon to be able to challenge certain leaders. The idea of having to catch different pokemon to fight a leader is just wrong. when you play the real Pokémon game you use the team you have and stick with it, not catch 5 more just to face one person, only to have to do it again. It would be more challenging and less of a hassle to just lower the levels of the challengers team so they can still use their own team and still be able to face any leader without a problem.
Agreed

Daanor

• Professor
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:29:49 am »

We've been talking about different ways to approach gym battles for pixelmon recently, so we'll see what comes of that.

there needs to be a way to nerf the challengers team temporarily so they don't have to catch and raise new Pokémon to be able to challenge certain leaders. The idea of having to catch different pokemon to fight a leader is just wrong. when you play the real Pokémon game you use the team you have and stick with it, not catch 5 more just to face one person, only to have to do it again. It would be more challenging and less of a hassle to just lower the levels of the challengers team so they can still use their own team and still be able to face any leader without a problem.

Perhaps you could suggest this to the Pixelmon development team, then?

cp910

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: -44
  • Eternally charging the GameBoy~
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 09:24:53 pm »

lol jk
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:28:20 pm by cp910 »

This happened...
Been an exiting day for me

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 04:12:59 am »
I don't even java, modding too hard. CantWontNeverNotSorry no.

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 11:45:40 am »
We've been talking about different ways to approach gym battles for pixelmon recently, so we'll see what comes of that.

Perhaps you could suggest this to the Pixelmon development team, then?

option B lol
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

Xtra

• PokeManiac
  • Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: -3
  • Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 04:05:06 pm »
I've been holding my own lately, but i have the highest level gym so 10 levels isn't that much to me
Current Pixelmon Pewter Leader
Former Pixelmon Saffron Leader
Former Pixelmon Viridian Leader
Current Pixelmon Elite Challenger

Colindeng2

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -4
  • The True Innovater
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »
I've been holding my own lately, but i have the highest level gym so 10 levels isn't that much to me

What about me  im stuck in cerulean  losing to many

Xtra

• PokeManiac
  • Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: -3
  • Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 02:17:41 pm »
ok in switching from viridian leader to saffron leader i see what you are talking about. i lose to every idiot who realizes crunch works well against psychic. I change my position.
Current Pixelmon Pewter Leader
Former Pixelmon Saffron Leader
Former Pixelmon Viridian Leader
Current Pixelmon Elite Challenger

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 01:07:16 pm »
and ground is a good type for variations, like there are lots of like ground water, grass, fire stuff like that so viridian has that plus the 10 levels doesn't matter to much at that level
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER