Author Topic: Third Pokémon X/Y Tournament [Monotype]  (Read 24808 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Third Pokémon X/Y Tournament [Monotype]
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:52:34 pm »
Rules will be as follows:
  • Use the same 6 pokemon in battle. Post them here or PM me or mail me on the server
  • Normal Rules
  • Single Battles
  • All six Pokémon must share one common type (You choose this type yourself)
  • Dual types allowed
  • No Multiples of the same Pokemon (Alternate Formes Included)
  • Legendaries Allowed
  • All Pokemon set to Lv50

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:47:31 am by tenebraemaximus »

Ad...

tymac

• Cool Trainer
  • Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -24
  • “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
Re: Third Pokémon X/Y Tournament [Monotype]
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:55:12 pm »
I would defiantly do it if it was Doubles.
I have 8 Kanto badges and 4 Johto badges!
I was the Vermilion Gym leader on the PVP server, where I led Vermilion for about 3 1/2 years!
I am a Kanto/Johto builder!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:09:03 pm »
I would defiantly do it if it was Doubles.

That would make some team set ups almost invulnerable to attacks from certain types, while almost certainly being able to wipe out the offending team without difficulty.

jasperb94

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 16
  • Laughter is the best medicine
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:51:40 pm »
Hmm...I haven't ever tried putting together a Mono type team... I do have one question though, does everyone have to choose a type that others aren't using or is it ok if you have the same type as someone else?
Peace Out, Enjoy Life, Live The Adventure
~Louis Cole~

For an up to date list of 3ds Friend Codes for the server/forum members
http://www.pokemonserver.net/forum/index.php?topic=5488.msg75339#msg75339

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:07:36 pm »
Can I warn you that Super's team, aka Kyle, might be a hacked team. He had a fairy arceus that knew roar of time. For various reasons its possible its hacked since it was impossible to obtain Arceus outside Japan I think. It does have a Japanese name but Im not sure how it knows Roar of time. Just wanted to tell you incase he applies.

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »
It all has to be one type? Can the type be the mega evolution? Say if its a dragon team, can I use charizard holding a charizardite x?

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 10:12:57 pm »
I think you should do the point system like they do in football (soccer for USA). 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 10:50:16 pm »
By the way, Pokemon X & Y have hacked Pokemon transfer restrictions so you can't transfer hacked Pokemon over. And also, Arceus was released in Europe and the US. Plus if it is japanese, there a plethora of reasons why he has it. (Japanese DS/3DS / Trading)  http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/493.shtml
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:52:28 pm by ~Ali~ »

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:37 am »
Hmm...I haven't ever tried putting together a Mono type team... I do have one question though, does everyone have to choose a type that others aren't using or is it ok if you have the same type as someone else?

You choose your type, whether you choose to tell others before finalising your team is up to you. Its likely at least 2 people will choose the same type.

Can I warn you that Super's team, aka Kyle, might be a hacked team. He had a fairy arceus that knew roar of time. For various reasons its possible its hacked since it was impossible to obtain Arceus outside Japan I think. It does have a Japanese name but Im not sure how it knows Roar of time. Just wanted to tell you incase he applies.

http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/493.shtml List of event Arceus.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roar_of_Time_(move) Here you can see what ones had Roar of Time. It does exist.

And who is Super/Kyle?

It all has to be one type? Can the type be the mega evolution? Say if its a dragon team, can I use charizard holding a charizardite x?

If it is mega-evolved first turn out, then yes, otherwise no. Though its a huge risk using a mega evo that gets a type change like that.

I think you should do the point system like they do in football (soccer for USA). 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.

Its a round robin tournament, not a sporting season. Theres no finalist rounds or anything.

By the way, Pokemon X & Y have hacked Pokemon transfer restrictions so you can't transfer hacked Pokemon over. And also, Arceus was released in Europe and the US. Plus if it is japanese, there a plethora of reasons why he has it. (Japanese DS/3DS / Trading)  http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/493.shtml

Apparently the anti-hack sucks, but yeah, this is correct.

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 09:11:41 am »

And who is Super/Kyle?

He is on the server. I have his FC. Kyle is his name on 3ds and Super is the start of the name followed by a few numbers.

Its a round robin tournament, not a sporting season. There's no finalist rounds or anything.

I didnt mean that and not all sports leagues have a finalist round. I meant you should use the points system from it. Using half points is gonna make it a bit complicated. If by doing this, the people who win more will have the better chance of winning, not just people who draw all the time. Its only logical.

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 09:14:02 am »
If his pokemon isnt hacked then Im just warning you to look out for other peoples pokemon. Anyone could be using hacked pokemon who have hacked in EV's and moves it normally cant learn.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:39:02 am »
Signons are live at

http://pokemonserver.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2fCNWoWIRq

Just a reminder:
  • Use the same 6 pokemon in battle. Post them here or PM me or mail me on the server
  • Normal Rules
  • Single Battles
  • Duel types allowed
  • Legendaries Allowed
  • Submit your teams when you sign on, as a message to me
  • Once your team is submitted, you will not be allowed to make changes to it, or you will not participate in the tournament.

And if you're wondering, my team is done and won't be getting any changes to it.
For those wondering about the prize, those are two of the rarest items in the game.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:54:36 am by tenebraemaximus »

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
Signons are live at

http://pokemonserver.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2fCNWoWIRq

Just a reminder:
  • Normal Rules
  • Single Battles
  • Duel types allowed
  • Legendaries Allowed
  • Submit your teams when you sign on, as a message to me
  • Once your team is submitted, you will not be allowed to make changes to it, or you will not participate in the tournament.
And if you're wondering, my team is done and won't be getting any changes to it.
For those wondering about the prize, those are two of the rarest items in the game.

Sign-ups arent going well so far, cant wait till it starts though. Also, I think 3 pts a win, 1  point a draw and 0 points a loss is the best system. People who win more games then have a better chance than people who just draw all their games and dont win. Also, decimals make everything complicated.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:57:03 pm by LFClaird »

LFClaird

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Former Elite Four
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 03:58:19 pm »
So we have to post our team type here? If yes then I will. Still havent decided from the final 2. Ive been IV breeding for days.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 06:53:50 pm »
So we have to post our team type here? If yes then I will. Still havent decided from the final 2. Ive been IV breeding for days.

Read the OP.

Sign-ups arent going well so far, cant wait till it starts though. Also, I think 3 pts a win, 1  point a draw and 0 points a loss is the best system. People who win more games then have a better chance than people who just draw all their games and dont win. Also, decimals make everything complicated.

Get better at Math then. If someone is capable of drawing against all odds, then they obviously have better luck/strategies, therefore more deserving of being closer to a winner. There is a total of 1 point given out per battle, and that point is split evenly if there is a draw.

Less people makes it easier for a Round Robin. If theres more than 8 or more people then it'll be switched to a 5 round Swiss tourney.