Author Topic: The Future/solitude  (Read 2843 times)

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
The Future/solitude
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:38 am »
I'm sorry to be a bit negative, or if this is a little early, but I would like to raise an issue that has been on my mind as if late. This is regarding johto, and the other regions that will soon be completed. Before you start stereotyping this post as another gym leader thing, I would like to confirm, that is not the case here. Instead, this post is about desertion. Not the desertion as in the server is dying, but more of a lonely desertion. A desolation. In fact, one of the only things stopping me from exploring johto is the fact that whenever I get there, I'm always alone. I get kind of bored. No new players come to johto, as they're always packed in kanto. I'm not criticizing the actual johto region itself, but rather stating my feeling of solitude. I fear that with more places for players to go, they will pack around the start areas even more, leaving much if the hard work put into building to go unnoticed by most players. I fear this will escalate even more once hoenn, sinnoh, and unova are opened. Are we going to leave the system as is, and have higher/later regions accessible only to those with high status? Or will there be change in the future? I hate to leave a complaint at just that, a complaint, so I'll contribute a suggestion. We don't have to use it, or anything like it, I'm just trying to not come across as a moron. Here it goes. Perhaps, we could have warp signs at spawn, leading to different region start towns. In fact, spawn could be a completely different area, away from the map itself (Or not), and have them pick their region from there. This way, new trainers could be funneled into their favorite region, and continue on to the others in a manner similar to Kanto/Johto journeys. This might be a bold statement, abolishing the sexy [J]'s, but its the best I could think of for the long run. Any criticisms are welcome, and other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for taking time to read this far. ~Z4
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:04:55 am by Z4X3R »

Ad...

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
Re: The Future/solitude
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 12:09:22 am »
Are we going to leave the system as is, and have higher/later regions accessible only to those with high status?

Anyone can go to Johto. The [J] tag only means that you're able to challenge Johto gyms.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:13:45 am »
You raise a lot of valid points here. I've noticed that Johto does get unused a bit, but many of the players on the server are from a younger generation, and most probably played a hoenn game, or the kanto remakes as their first pokemon game. Some didn't play pokemon until Sinnoh, and there are even those that started with Unova region. i think we'll see the other regions used a bit more, considering that a lot of people ask about the.

Anyone can go to Johto. The [J] tag only means that you're able to challenge Johto gyms.

I think we just have to see what happens. 

Z4X3R

• Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:21:12 am »
I know anybody can go, but some don't know that. Some won't bother unless theyy can challenge the gyms. Heck, some don't even know we have Johto.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:59:17 am »
I know anybody can go, but some don't know that. Some won't bother unless theyy can challenge the gyms. Heck, some don't even know we have Johto.
This is true... But i see alot of players asking how to get to johto, which makes me fell like they're never played a johto game before...

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:09:05 am »
This is true... But i see alot of players asking how to get to johto, which makes me fell like they're never played a johto game before...
Maybe a new announcement is in order? :P

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:37:31 am »
Maybe a new announcement is in order? :P
Or change the existing one to 'Four Kanto Badges are required to challenge Johto Gyms'

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:41 pm »
Very valid points. I have been thinking about this for a very long time (before I started Unova). I like the idea of a seperate spawn to start and I have brought this up before. I must say though that with the lower player numbers I have hear about, I am not too hopeful of what the future might bring for the regions. The only idea I bring to the table is possibly making the server where each region has specific atributes that the other regions do not. For instance possible making free build areas in each region, but only having battles in Castelia City (just an idea). Tell me what you think. Another idea may be having only one/two regions open each day. The switching or whatever. No clue how this could be done as I cant experiment. Tell me what you think
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

shishkabob97

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 5
  • POPCORN
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 03:58:58 pm »
we could just put a sign at spawn that would take you to where you would start at in the johto games, that way johto is much more easy to access for new players.
im too lazy too make one of these :/

Rigby

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »
Oh  Arceus . Separate spawn.
My  Arceus . Those arguments lasted forever when I was an admin.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »
Entralink :p

cabass

• Banned
  • Friendliness: -39
  • Huntsman, if you need an assassin, just mail me.
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »
Entralink :p

YES I SO FUCKING AGREE WITH THIS. UP TOP TENE :D