Author Topic: Prices  (Read 5245 times)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Prices
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:14:15 am »
This is the last major issue, I know someone told me what the proposed solution was price wise, but I seem to have lost what/where that was. Please respond here if you are a beta tester and have suggestions for the pricing system. This includes houses and the items offered.

Ad...

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
Re: Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:37:18 am »
Im not a beat tester but maybe that guy that made that recourse pack might be able to edit a compatible balance mod for pixelmon I don't know how shit works :l

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »
Im not a beat tester but maybe that guy that made that recourse pack might be able to edit a compatible balance mod for pixelmon I don't know how shit works :l

That requires java knowledge, and isn't required to fix this issue either.

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »
1ce i propose that u keep the prices the same but make the money 1 for 1 instead of 1 for 5 lol.
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

stuffjunk

• Fighting Erika
  • Friendliness: -12
  • the troll of the rainbow/Firefighter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:23:40 pm »
That way we don't have to decide the prices at all.
- FAIRFIELD RURAL FIREFIGHTER
- EX OLIVINE CO-LEADER, EX VERMILION LEADER, EX VIRIDIAN LEADER
- EX PIXELMON PEWTER LEADER(FIRST PIXELMON GYM LEADER EVER)
- CELADON LEADER
- JOHTO BUILDER, EX SINNOH BUILDER(cab era), KANTO 4.0 BUILDER, ORAS HOENN BUILDER

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »
stuff, I don't think that finding prices is the issue.  The issue is that since we can't use plugins, how will we be able to run pokemarts and buy stuff?  There will be no iConomy or chestshops, so what would be the money and how would it work?
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 03:44:50 am »
I clearly spelled out the issue. We can use plugins, and we are using them.

Stuffjunk, there was a more sophisticated response that I saw earlier from other players. I cannot fairly make all the drops sell for the same return because honestly, they are not equally common. If a feather, found 1/20 pokemon you see, is the same value as a dratini's diamond drop, rarity is gone and the game is simple-minded and dull.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »
So the problem is the actual pricing of these items? Why don't you just equally divide it up based on rarity/% drop. Or make it based on a sigmoid function to create a more drastic feel? Or am I missing the problem?

As for homes, do the same as the actual server based on size? I haven't been on the server so I haven't seen it at all so idk if you can convert it like that.

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »
Sorry for going off topic, but you got bukkit to work with pixelmon?  And I agree with para.  Use the same price system with the houses, and I don't know about the other stuff
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:41:56 am »
Sorry for going off topic, but you got bukkit to work with pixelmon?  And I agree with para.  Use the same price system with the houses, and I don't know about the other stuff

Not bukkit, but a modified version.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 08:41:08 am »
We have bukkit plugins working with it.

Also, the beta testers, as part of their job, was to determine just how rare things actually were and how much time it took to get 'x' money, so I could figure out the pricing scale of houses. It will be based on size, but I'd rather not pick an arbitrary number like 150 like last time, I wanted the testers to play for 'x' days and based on how much time it took, price a house according to their current balance/time played so it wasnt over/underpriced.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »
It's kind of hard to name a price, I'd suggest actually making an equation as Para suggested. I also think that house prices could be doubled if not tripled, it took way too small amount of time to get a house.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

WaffleDoc

• PokeManiac
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -128
  • Detective WaffleCock reporting for Duty!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »
maybe you could have a unattainable block be the currency and give it to all the admins and for a couple months the only goal of the admins is to buy stuff to try to get the currency spread out

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »
maybe you could have a unattainable block be the currency and give it to all the admins and for a couple months the only goal of the admins is to buy stuff to try to get the currency spread out

Thats the opposite of the goal here. Then you'd have to say how many diamonds equals 1 currency, and the same for all other drops.

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 09:58:31 am »
We could use the villager mod are what ever it is and the villager can be the poke mart clerk, you would sell the items to the clerk for gold and other cool stuff