Author Topic: /back or keeping stuff  (Read 6059 times)

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Re: /back or keeping stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 05:35:38 am »
Tene, you should also be a reliable server. If something happens to my items, the ones in question that are also donated to actually acquire (masterball). I need to know and be assured that the items can and will be retrieved.
that would make sense of the items were traceable, the fact that anyone could use or sell their donation items makes refunds for death unrealistic. How do you differentiate the guy who died and lost master balls from the guy who sold them and claims he died with them? Also the fact you can store items you aren't using(no need to keep all your master balls on you always) makes loss of multiple balls more on you.

But hey I'm not an admin here, just my two cents.
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 08:13:29 am »
Tene, you should also be a reliable server. If something happens to my items, the ones in question that are also donated to actually acquire (masterball). I need to know and be assured that the items can and will be retrieved.

that would make sense of the items were traceable, the fact that anyone could use or sell their donation items makes refunds for death unrealistic. How do you differentiate the guy who died and lost master balls from the guy who sold them and claims he died with them? Also the fact you can store items you aren't using(no need to keep all your master balls on you always) makes loss of multiple balls more on you.

But hey I'm not an admin here, just my two cents.

Basically what Oddy here said. Theres no knowing if you traded/sold your items off to someone.

Its not hard to stay alive on a server with no PvP or drowning damag.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49:35 pm »
Forget /back, what about the thing were you don't lose items from your inventory upon death?

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 02:56:06 pm »
Forget /back, what about the thing were you don't lose items from your inventory upon death?

You're responsible for your own death, if you dismount while flying, your problem. If you fall in a hole and die, your problem. There aren't many ways to die, and the ways that are, they're easy to avoid.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »
Mmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooo

I think we actually had keepInventory gamerule on when we were in beta, and I am currently confuddled as to how it got disabled again.
Please confirm or deny my memory <.<

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 06:13:34 pm »
If this is true, and keeping inventory was supposed to happen on the server, I think I should get a refund of my stuff.  And if you don't believe that I lost 2 masterballs, I can tell you the exact history of them.  I used one on a charmander (now charizard) and another on a seadra that I thought was shiny but it wasn't.  I have one in my inventory right now and I lost 2 of them when I died (if you couldn't already tell; I made this post because I lost them).  I have never bought a masterball from anyone on this server and I do want my items refunded because I did die of a glitch.  Although pixelmon is very buggy, that is not a reason to not refund items because I never knew about the bug.  It's not like I was trying to exploit it; I was landing to check something out and it happened.  It was not my responsibility that I fell to my death because I was only about 8 blocks in the air.  I would have safely landed but that bug killed me.  I don't understand why it's my fault that I died of a glitch that I didn't know about before.  All I really want is a refund of my items that I donated for (and my super rod; I can't get another one since it said I already got one). 

TL;DR: I think we should keep our inventory upon death and I want the items I donated for (and my super rod) back.  It was not my fault that I died of a bug that I didn't know about previously and it's not a very valid reason. 
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 06:55:17 pm »
Even if /back was put in soon (highly doubt it), there is no way to know if you traded or sold your items away.
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »

I think we actually had keepInventory gamerule on when we were in beta, and I am currently confuddled as to how it got disabled again.

I don't believe we did.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »

While Beta Testing I personally don't remember keeping the inventory. I would die this same way then fly to my death location for my items. Though maybe i have bad memory and we had it.

AxZeroCrypt

• GameFreak
  • Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 0
  • #KeepMcstats2014
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »
I remember the keepInventory >.>
But you shouldn't have to call on us to hold your hand for every step of trying to resolve an issue.

At least MY musical taste has a fucking meaning!!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:31 pm »

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 04:19:36 am »
Actually we did. Only admins and ops did though. We just kept our inventories though, it wasn't the rule.

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog